GK sorted
    RB sorted
    CB need another as cover
    MF best it's been for years
    Wingers sorted
    CF need one that can hold ball up

We're not far from being decent.

Re: The Team going forward

Bulut was said at least one centreback needed after yesterday’s game - think we could see quite a few comings and going’s in the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    We're not far from being decent.
    If yesterday’s performance is anything to go by, City are a long way from being decent.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    If yesterday’s performance is anything to go by, City are a long way from being decent.
    Depends who you're comparing them to no?

The Leicesters and Southamptons.

Or a City side that only stayed up because of a Reading points deduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Depends who you're comparing them to no?.
    I’m comparing them to previous City sides who were decent at this level and we’ve had plenty of those, no?

I’m comparing them to previous City sides who were decent at this level and we’ve had plenty of those, no?
    Not for a while no?

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Not for a while no?
    No. But that doesn’t suddenly make this side decent does it? I heard people genuinely talking about a play-off challenge on the way out of the ground yesterday. I think they’re delusional. What do you reckon?

Also, what constitutes ‘decent’ by your standards?

No. But that doesn’t suddenly make this side decent does it? I heard people genuinely talking about a play-off challenge on the way out of the ground yesterday. I think they’re delusional. What do you reckon?

No way

They are dangerous people. Run away from them, for your own safety. Because that is crazy talk!

I'd say 'decent' is a team that finishes 10-16th without the real threat of relegation (like a bad team would) and no real chance of pushing for the playoffs (like a good team would).

That's where I thought we'll finish preseason. Based on our performances so far and the other games in the league I've watched, I still do. Although the lower end of that range.

There's a lot better than us but also a lot worse.

So I guess my "decent" is comparing to other teams I've watched and at the same time comparing to the pile of shit that was last season.

Since returning to this level 20 years ago, I’d say City have had a few really good sides by this division’s standards, a number of decent ones, plenty of mediocre ones and several poor ones.

As things stand, I’d say the current side is veering between poor and mediocre. It’s very early in the season and there is plenty of time to improve, but I haven’t seen much evidence of this team looking decent so far.

Well English was always my worst subject in school so

Got potential….going to take a few weeks for all to settle I reckon….

Compared to the last few seasons, yesterday was a breath of fresh air to watch.
    Put Tanner in that midfield though with Ramsey, ralls and Siopus it’ll be the best we’ve had for years
    Shame about meite though, he seems to be not able at this level