+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How are we all feeling?

How are we all feeling?

Compared to 24 hours ago.

More optimistic about the season? Less optimistic? No difference?

Old problems? New problems? Minor problems? No problems?

For me, I'm ecstatic we got our first three points and I salute Wintle's bollocks because that felt like a BIG big moment.

Biggest concern though imo is our fitness. We play uptempo for 15-20 minutes and then we look dead. Bannan doesn't get that shot off if our defenders aren't wrecked which leads to them ball watching.

Collins, Goutas, Meite, Ramsey and others aren't capable of being good for 90 minutes right now.

I'm dreading when the midweek games begin!

Still happy though.

Because we won

Re: How are we all feeling?

Happy with the result, it’s just going to take patience and time for the team to perform consistently.

Robinson and Bowler, will both be regular starters when fit.

We need a number 9 and a back up CB

Tanner continues to impress, let’s hope that continues

We’re not far off being a decent squad

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    No difference.

Having watched three full league games and highlights of a fourth, I’ve no idea how City are going play under Bulut. The entire side looks slow, ponderous, hesitant, unsure. There are occasional hints of promise, but I can’t see any genuine patterns of a playing style developing.

We’ll obviously have a better idea after ten or more games, but I haven’t seen much to get enthusiastic about so far.

As for yesterday, that was a poor performance against a poor side. City got lucky in the end, but the victory doesn’t hide the obvious deficiencies.

Hopefully, the win will give the side more confidence and direction. But I’m hoping for much better football during the coming months because so far it’s been very far from decent.

Similar to TLG.. I can see chinks of light and the odd 10 minute spell where I think we are going to take control of a game, but it hasn't lasted. Based on that I don't feel any different to pre season. I'm not sure he knows his best side yet and I'm pretty sure we don't either

Mixed feelings leaving the ground yesterday.
    Relieved we got the win but concerned we struggled to get that win against a really poor Sheffield Wednesday.
    Hopefully the win will help kickstart our season and give the guys confidence. If not, we are in for a long season fighting to avoid relegation.
    Problem is, I don’t think this team has the mental strength to keep going if the results aren’t going our way.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski View Post
    Mixed feelings leaving the ground yesterday.
    Relieved we got the win but concerned we struggled to get that win against a really poor Sheffield Wednesday.
    Hopefully the win will help kickstart our season and give the guys confidence. If not, we are in for a long season fighting to avoid relegation.
    Problem is, I don’t think this team has the mental strength to keep going if the results aren’t going our way.
    Were they that poor? They played some alright stuff. We are good at making teams look like Brazil though so it’s hard to judge partic in championship that’s usually wide open.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Compared to 24 hours ago.

Old problems? New problems? Minor problems? No problems?

For me, I'm ecstatic we got our first three points and I salute Wintle's bollocks because that felt like a BIG big moment.

Biggest concern though imo is our fitness. We play uptempo for 15-20 minutes and then we look dead. Bannan doesn't get that shot off if our defenders aren't wrecked which leads to them ball watching.

Collins, Goutas, Meite, Ramsey and others aren't capable of being good for 90 minutes right now.

I'm dreading when the midweek games begin!

Still happy though.

Because we won
    We’re scoring goals which is a novelty. Think we’ll be comfortably away from relegation, but people expected a tilt on the playoffs are going to be disappointed

I'm surprised as some of the reactions here. I might be wrong but I think the manager is trying to play a progressive style of football that is beyond the understanding of most of us

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    I'm surprised as some of the reactions here. I might be wrong but I think the manager is trying to play a progressive style of football that is beyond the understanding of most of us
    Perhaps it’s also beyond the understanding of most of his players.

More than happy that City won but let's be realistic it was against Sheffield Wednesday who apart from Barry Bannan look piiss poor.

I think we can see positive aspects of football trying to be played, the tempo at the moment is a concern though. The team also doesn't look fit (?) but Bulut needs time to get his ideas across.

One thing that is causing me acid reflux is McGuinness and Goutas, probably the whole back line. Their positioning is not great and basic balls played through channels seem to split and open City up far too easily.

A wins a win. Hopefully restore some confidence to the squad to boost their home form.

Happy with a win, that could end up being the monkey off our back.

Ultimately though, a bit disappointed with the performance, we look weak at the back and have very little (still) in the final 3rd. The midfield looks massively improved which of course is a positive but even that evaporated against an awful opposition for a good 15 minutes leading up to Wednesday's goal, we were lucky in some respects not to lose as they had quite a few chances a better team would've put away.

Feel like it's a big week for us.

Kieffer will help of course and could be a real game changer. Kieffer confirmed and a CB (kipre) would be decent and should see us stay up.

Better as we got three points on the board.

I still havent a clue if Bulut is a poor , decent or good appointment.

I really hope fitness levels dont prove to be an issue and its just lack of game time for a number of players that is the problem as a lack of fitness on the team will be on our coaching squad and that will be just unforgiveable.

We just have to be winning home games against the likes of QPR and Sheffield Weds. Yesterday we got the 3 points so job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post

Kieffer will help of course and could be a real game changer. Kieffer confirmed and a CB (kipre) would be decent and should see us stay up.
    I agree. As it stands id take 4th bottom. Get those 2 in and id be confident of safety.

I doubt they are coming though. Both played for their sidea yesterday.

Kipre has played every game for West Brom this season and scored yesterday as they beat Boro 4-2. What makes you think he will come here?

As for Moore, he came on as a sub again yesterday. I think this link with him is just bizarre considering City can’t pay any fees.

I do think unless we are down and out then bulut should start next season. Even if we only just stay up he should be allowed to stay in my opinion.

We can't have another manager sacked in october/November for only being mid table. Wouldn't surprise me though.

I do think unless we are down and out then bulut should start next season. Even if we only just stay up he should be allowed to stay in my opinion.

We can't have another manager sacked in october/November for only being mid table. Wouldn't surprise me though.
    The thing with Bulut is he was very obviously a Dalman appointment as opposed to a Tan appointment. Therefore, I don’t think he’ll be given much leeway. I may be wrong about that, but time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    More than happy that City won but let's be realistic it was against Sheffield Wednesday who apart from Barry Bannan look piiss poor.

I think we can see positive aspects of football trying to be played, the tempo at the moment is a concern though. The team also doesn't look fit (?) but Bulut needs time to get his ideas across.

One thing that is causing me acid reflux is McGuinness and Goutas, probably the whole back line. Their positioning is not great and basic balls played through channels seem to split and open City up far too easily.

A wins a win. Hopefully restore some confidence to the squad to boost their home form.
    McGuiness gets a bit of a free pass from City fans. I didn't see the game yesterday and i've not seen enough of Goutas, but i've seen plenty of McGuiness and i don't rate him, i don't feel comfortable with him. He gets square on to play, hardly ever sideways on which hampers his short movement and the ability to adjust his body in tight situations, that's why he's always throwing himself about, it looks good, but it's desperate stuff that isn't sustainable. And when it's brought up, inevitably the reason given is that he's a championship defender! **** me, fans are as soft as shit.

His successful stint at Sheffield Wednesday helped his cause, we are suckers for it, same with wintle, he was lauded by us lot during his spell at Blackpool because of a few comments on a message board.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    The thing with Bulut is he was very obviously a Dalman appointment as opposed to a Tan appointment. Therefore, I don’t think he’ll be given much leeway. I may be wrong about that, but time will tell.
    Yep this worries me.

If dalman was telling the world we would "sell out" all home season tickets (he didn't know how many that was but that didn't stop him) due to the players coming in then what on earth was he telling tan what to expect? Was he telling him to sign the likes of Ramsey and grant (bet hes expensive) so we can come 18th again and be in a relegation fight? Hmmmmm.......

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    McGuiness gets a bit of a free pass from City fans. I didn't see the game yesterday and i've not seen enough of Goutas, but i've seen plenty of McGuiness and i don't rate him, i don't feel comfortable with him. He gets square on to play, hardly ever sideways on which hampers his short movement and the ability to adjust his body in tight situations, that's why he's always throwing himself about, it looks good, but it's desperate stuff that isn't sustainable. And when it's brought up, inevitably the reason given is that he's a championship defender! **** me, fans are as soft as shit.

His successful stint at Sheffield Wednesday helped his cause, we are suckers for it, same with wintle, he was lauded by us lot during his spell at Blackpool because of a few comments on a message board.
    This resume of Mcguiness is just plain wrong and indicates to me that you wouldn't know a good player if you tripped over him. At least you admit that you didn't see yesterdays game but it sounds to me that you haven't seen many others either. He is only 22 years old and this is only the start of his first full season playing in the Championship and will be only his second full season ever in league football. If he carries on his development then he will become a top quality player but if people like you got your way he would be hounded out into obscurity. Get off his case.

Hard to tell to be honest. We seem ok when under the cosh at a better team but we can’t even put away a lowly side at home. It’s games like yesterday that expose the weaknesses rather than your Leicester displays. I think the exuberance at the end was sheer relief rather than expectations of better things. We still have a long way to go but there is potential

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    He is only 22 years old and this is only the start of his first full season playing in the Championship and will be only his second full season ever in league football.
    Wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    No difference.

Having watched three full league games and highlights of a fourth, I’ve no idea how City are going play under Bulut. The entire side looks slow, ponderous, hesitant, unsure. There are occasional hints of promise, but I can’t see any genuine patterns of a playing style developing.

We’ll obviously have a better idea after ten or more games, but I haven’t seen much to get enthusiastic about so far.

As for yesterday, that was a poor performance against a poor side. City got lucky in the end, but the victory doesn’t hide the obvious deficiencies.

Hopefully, the win will give the side more confidence and direction. But I’m hoping for much better football during the coming months because so far it’s been very far from decent.
    So, only four games into the new season and City’s no 1 ‘fan’ is already proclaiming that individual players are crap, the team is crap, the manager is crap, the tactics are crap, any team that we beat are crap and any team that we lose to are even more crap. Including Alnwick and Collins, there were seven players starting yesterday who didn't play for the first team last season, plus another three or four on the bench. I really think that this being a City supporter is too much for you. You would be better off taking up knitting or something similar. You appear to have a total lack of acceptance of the main reality in football which is that it takes time to gel a new team together and time to establish a way of playing in the managers style to suit the available players. Once again you try to suck any enjoyment whatsoever out of a win. Why ?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    So, only four games into the new season and City’s no 1 ‘fan’ is already proclaiming that individual players are crap, the team is crap, the manager is crap, the tactics are crap, any team that we beat are crap and any team that we lose to are even more crap. Including Alnwick and Collins, there were seven players starting yesterday who didn't play for the first team last season, plus another three or four on the bench. I really think that this being a City supporter is too much for you. You would be better off taking up knitting or something similar. You appear to have a total lack of acceptance of the main reality in football which is that it takes time to gel a new team together and time to establish a way of playing in the managers style to suit the available players. Once again you try to suck any enjoyment whatsoever out of a win. Why ?
    Wrong.

I'm feel we are asking too much too early , of course the players are knackered apparently a tough pre season, straight into away games at Leeds and Leicester, that we run ourselves into the ground . QPR passed us off the park again tiring, the Wednesday who are bottom and went for it.

Oh and many new signings who are not match fit.