+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Fattest Town In Britain

The Fattest Town In Britain

Packing a few extra llbs myself being a shorty, but having a go at trimming a bit off.

IMO obesity should be classified as a national emergency with a massive effort targeting the population regarding this, it should be bipartisan, it's not about money (lack of) having a walk costs squat, so much could be done without the argument of its this or that government.

Re: The Fattest Town In Britain

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Packing a few extra llbs myself being a shorty, but having a go at trimming a bit off.

IMO obesity should be classified as a national emergency with a massive effort targeting the population regarding this, it should be bipartisan, it's not about money (lack of) having a walk costs squat, so much could be done without the argument of its this or that government.

Last time i saw you (April-May?) you were looking trim. I agree, Obesity is a big problem in society. The worrying thing for me is the the amount of young kids who are obese. That's shocking, and it has to be about lifestyle, poverty, parenting etc.

I'm not sure what the state can do about it. Losing weight, being more active has to be a way of living, a permanent thing. I manage my weight, i have a range that i work within, 4lbs either end of my target weight. I keep active, but as soon as i hit my maximum target range then i make changes and get it back down again, usually takes 10 days.

It's all about Diet, what we eat, and how much we eat. Lots of people aren't comfortable with feeling hungry, when it's ok to feel that way for a while. Too many Take aways, people on push bikes delivering fried chicken 11 0 clock at night, it's not good.

I'm a believer in raising other standards before we can start feeling better about ourselves. Opportunities with real prospects, better education levels, better employment, a more co operative society. I'm sure that if all of these things improved then the knock on effect would be people making better decisions for themselves and others. When you're happy, things fall into line Basically, i'm blaming the Tories

Rich living , takeaways hell .

without opening the video I'm guessing Caerphilly or somewhere in the valleys

Port talbot

There are some superb kebab houses in Port Talbot

Doner meat

Onions , tomatoes, coleslaw

Regular chilli

Nan bread pitta

Have it !

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    There are some superb kebab houses in Port Talbot

Doner meat (don't mind this)

Onions , tomatoes, coleslaw (disgusting all three)

Regular chilli (putrid)

Nan bread pitta (OK to put the meat in)

Have it !
    SHOVE IT !

SHOVE IT !
    who eats a kebab without Chilli?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I wish i could be more adventurous with food but I'm bloody hopeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I don't eat hot chilli these days

I find mixing just a little chilli with tomatoes and onions and the spiciness of doner meat is fine , I sometimes add a bit of mint or garlic

but i don't understand, body positive, lizzo is my role model

During the pandemic, it was fairly obvious that people who were overweight were the most at risk of clogging up the health system yet the government kept open fast food establishments and continued to sell alcohol and close gyms and limit exercise.

At the same time seemed it reasonable to ban the sale of children’s toys and it was ok to buy a scotch egg.

FoLLOwiNG thE sciENce

You'd think the cost of living crisis would see a reduction in senseless spending on crap convenient food , a move to healthy fresh food and less booze , nah record sales in supermarkets , as we grow bigger and increase the burden on the NHS

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    You'd think the cost of living crisis would see a reduction in senseless spending on crap convenient food , a move to healthy fresh food and less booze , nah record sales in supermarkets , as we grow bigger and increase the burden on the NHS
    Healthy foods!!!!

Bars of chocolate placed conveniently at checkouts, significantly cheaper than healthy fruit, obesity is big business.

Kebabs - Fatty meat, sugary sauces and a load of carbs - you are on the way to diabetes then heart disease as well as costing the NHS a fortune in medical that could have been prevented.
    ICU bed > 10k a day , cost of resulting medical care 36k. Change your diet simples - and it's cheaper.

Healthy foods!!!!

Bars of chocolate placed conveniently at checkouts, significantly cheaper than healthy fruit, obesity is big business.
    Most bars of chocolate are over a quid ,you can buy bags of apples , bananas , oranges grapes for the same price in Asda , tin beans /soup are cheaper than chocolate , as are spuds and fresh veg isn't more about responsibility and the fact they can afford it

Hit a milestone today, down 2 Stone from 17 Stone to 15 since April.
    Weight really crept up on me over last 10-12 years.

It feels great!!

Heading home tomorrow for 2 weeks so I’m sure that I’ll put on a few LB’s…but I’d like to get down do 14 Stone by December.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Hit a milestone today, down 2 Stone from 17 Stone to 15 since April.
    Weight really crept up on me over last 10-12 years.

It feels great!!

Heading home tomorrow for 2 weeks so I’m sure that I’ll put on a few LB’s…but I’d like to get down do 14 Stone by December.
    So has it been your exercise or what you eat ?

I am 16 stone down from 17 stone 5 in March

I want to get to 15 if possible but I am not shredding or joining slimmers world as everyone I know who drops 4 or 5 stone in a year puts it all back

So has it been your exercise or what you eat ?

I am 16 stone down from 17 stone 5 in March

I want to get to 15 if possible but I am not shredding or joining slimmers world as everyone I know who drops 4 or 5 stone in a year puts it all back
    Good skills, Sludge!

I have been on (Lazy) Keto.
    Essentially cut out the carbs but found a balance where I feel satiated.

I understand that the transition into maintenance once you reach your target weight can be difficult.
    I really don’t want to have to do this again, so it may well be a permanent lifestyle change.
    My plan is to find a balance, weigh myself on a weekly basis and similar to what Tuerto does…give myself a window and address things if I hit a given limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Good skills, Sludge!

I have been on (Lazy) Keto.
    Essentially cut out the carbs but found a balance where I feel satiated.

I understand that the transition into maintenance once you reach your target weight can be difficult.
    I really don’t want to have to do this again, so it may well be a permanent lifestyle change.
    My plan is to find a balance, weigh myself on a weekly basis and similar to what Tuerto does…give myself a window and address things if I hit a given limit.
    I have found it pretty easy to identify and cut down on the food that has caused me to put on weight

I am quite a big bloke so trying to get down to under 15 stone just isn't realistic and would be a drag

I think too much targeting and looking for that ideal weight causes as many problems as it solves

The keto approach or variations of seems the way to go

The Micheal Mosely books and those of his wife are good or at least they have been for me

It may be that I am only able to get to 15 stone 7 and if that's the weight then I will accept it

I’ve lost 22kg, 3.5 stone, in the last 12 months. I want to loss another 1.5 stone. Perhaps we should have some form of sponsored weight loss programme between us. I’m swimming up to 2km per week (which I love) plus some gym time (which I’m not a fan of)

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I’ve lost 22kg, 3.5 stone, in the last 12 months. I want to loss another 1.5 stone. Perhaps we should have some form of sponsored weight loss programme between us. I’m swimming up to 2km per week (which I love) plus some gym time (which I’m not a fan of)
    I find swimming tedious

Walking is great

The Gym is a load of nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    That’s Epic.
    Good on ya!

I find swimming tedious

Walking is great

The Gym is a load of nonsense
    Ya talking bollox as per

The most effective way to lose weight is by lifting weight. Aerobic exercise is only good for heart health. Lift some weights and your muscles are still burning up to 24 hours after a session.

Then change your diet - only eat within an 8 hour window and fast the rest of the time - and change to a low carb diet with zero processed food. You will have better muscle tone and the weight will fall off. On the advice of a cardiologist - that is what I did, dropped 2 stone , BMI of 21 and I now have a visible 6 pack - Im mid fifties.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Ya talking bollox as per

The most effective way to lose weight is by lifting weight. Aerobic exercise is only good for heart health. Lift some weights and your muscles are still burning up to 24 hours after a session.

Then change your diet - only eat within an 8 hour window and fast the rest of the time - and change to a low carb diet with zero processed food. You will have better muscle tone and the weight will fall off. On the advice of a cardiologist - that is what I did, dropped 2 stone , BMI of 21 and I now have a visible 6 pack - Im mid fifties.
    I fecking hate the gym

It's full of tossers

That doesn't meant I don't use weights