+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Labour, scared of their own shadows.

Re: Labour, scared of their own shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Libra , the scales !
    Most Tories I know are covered in scales.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Does seem a little unfair to dismiss what he is saying based on his wider political position, or your perception of it?

I think the mistake is to only ever take your sources from one area; a diversity of sources and critiques is healthy.

One of the problems in Wales is the narrow range of civic society, so the Welsh Parliament, Govt, media organisations and big institutions such as the universities, WRU, NHS boards etc are all pretty tight together. It's not healthy really.

I think more scrutiny of the WG is a good thing, but just don't only rely on bloggers, balance it with other media sources too.

For what its worth, I've worked a fair amount with the WG before. On most occasions I have come away very unimpressed
    A dose of Guido a day helps keep one regular.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    A dose of Guido a day helps keep one regular.
    Alongside a host of other blogs and news sources, you are absolutely correct!

They have held dozens of MPs to account and have an excellent record in breaking stories.

👍

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Alongside a host of other blogs and news sources, you are absolutely correct!

They have held dozens of MPs to account and have an excellent record in breaking stories.

👍
    Come on James, where have you got any time to read anything other than Guido, The Fail and Breitbart?. You're on here 24/7 lol 👍

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...emitism-report

Labour may be scared of their own shadows, but happy to use members' money to pursue a vindictive witch hunt.

It is heading for another pathetic own goal in the courts just before the next election.

They would do better to accept and deal with the issues revealed in the leaked report and the Forde Report - rather than hounding a group of people who are probably innocent of the leak - but even if they aren't it will never be proved.

This is what 3 years of escalating factionalism and civil war produces. Stupidity!

The original thread topic is something that I have been feeling increasingly over the last few weeks/months.

The idea that in this position after the failed austerity of the 2010s, labour in opposition would be basing their manifesto around that exact policy is bonkers.

Streeting says something stupid every time he opens his mouth.

The only saving grace for me is I still believe they are playing it safe to get elected. Tories have proven time and time again that if you don't have any policies come election time, they can't be torn to shreds. I am starting to doubt whether this is the case though.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Tories cling onto power ......either with most seats in a hung parliament ....or with a very small majority

Starmer and his team are absolutely hopeless

He's got the charisma of a jelly and I don't know who his policy team are but they appear like a bunch of amateurs

Raynor , Streeting , Reeves ......maybe its me but they don't seem streetwise

It's sad that in this day and age that politicians need to be sleek ......but they do

The perfect mix for me in recent years for the I am not voting tory gang was Alan Johnson .......that's the sort of person both the labour and liberal party need now ...Blair was too slick and his serpent like policies soon unravelled but surely there is better ?

Bollocks to all this focus groups and philosophical speaking that Starmer gets dragged into

Imagine Alan Johnson leading a modern progressive alliance ......of labour , liberal and greens ......

The Tories would be toast

Even given the financial meltdown before the 2010 election and the rising star of .....sic .....Cameron......if Labour had in place a decent leader instead of Brown they would have won

Labour are finished if they don't win this election . I will change to voting green as Labour have had my vote since I was 18 in general elections and I am sick of giving them another chance only for them to elect crappy leader after crappy leader

Milliband ?

Corbyn ?

Starmer ?

It's painful

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    The original thread topic is something that I have been feeling increasingly over the last few weeks/months.

The idea that in this position after the failed austerity of the 2010s, labour in opposition would be basing their manifesto around that exact policy is bonkers.

Streeting says something stupid every time he opens his mouth.

The only saving grace for me is I still believe they are playing it safe to get elected. Tories have proven time and time again that if you don't have any policies come election time, they can't be torn to shreds. I am starting to doubt whether this is the case though.
    The Tories, despite what they have been up to , may well get elected if middle ground voters don't like starmer

It's incredible but it may well happen