+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Imagine Norwich winning the FA Cup

Re: Imagine Norwich winning the FA Cup

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yeah, but your the bloke who thinks “gammon” is racist.
    I think using insults based on skin colour in a derogatory way certainly can be racist, yes. I doubt you would recommend any non-white friends of yours to casually refer to their employees as such.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I think using insults based on skin colour in a derogatory way certainly can be racist, yes. I doubt you would recommend any non-white friends of yours to casually refer to their employees as such.
    I wouldn’t accuse you of being a racist because I don’t think you are one, but your interpretations of who are racists and what constitutes racism are somewhat bizarre.

I wouldn’t accuse you of being a racist because I don’t think you are one, but your interpretations of who are racists and what constitutes racism are somewhat bizarre.
    Oh, I don't know. The gammons are definitely a race apart.

Hmm not really Bob. I think I'm pretty consistent in thinking that insults based on mocking skin colour are generally not okay with me. I agree that context does matter for example; people may be being satirical etc.

Without going too far off topic (from the idea of Norwich winning the FA cup!) I do think there are plenty of racist examples from those who perhaps the woke label applies to and those who it certainly doesn't. I dont think it's an ideology at all really but either way I don't view it as a progressive one.

Anyway, context always matters in these things, whether we are accusing people of racism or sexual assaults.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Ask yourself a question, would anyone on here think it acceptable to do that to a woman in the work place, or anywhere else for that matter? You wouldn't dare, right? He's behaved that way because he thinks it acceptable, because he thinks that he can do it, it's all about him and nothing about the Player who he kissed, it was a power grab, a way of dominating a moment that had **** all to do with him.

He should just walk, more than anything for me, it's insulting, like treating the player in question like a child. He's moved in on her success, her brilliance. It's not just a kiss.
    Spain has head-on been tackling misogyny and domestic violence very publicly these past years. Facing the obvious push back as it takes each institute to task, the central government have been brilliant and so have local, as well as charities and civil rights movements. You know they have an expression here that translates as "oh, i only beat my wife normally, not excessively".

This is not about the kiss, its just another straw on the back of backward institutions. I've lived in Spain over 20 years, its quite funny to see the gaslighters looking in on one incident without context of the problem nationally, let alone the problems for years and years with that very misogynistic institution that is the Spanish FA.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt."

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Can you help me find the moment where she lifts him up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3AEgylgpiU
    Capture.JPG

Was the hug & lift before or after the kiss?

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Capture.JPG

Was the hug & lift before or after the kiss?
    Think Lardy’s gone AWOL 😂

Lardy is back, and has found the video.

It looks to me like he jumps rather than she lifts.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

It's not in that video but that is what the Spanish FA claimed. Here's the story.

https://news.sky.com/story/luis-rubi...final-12947722

Spanish FA have now backed down on this claim

I thought at first it was just excitement and heat of the moment stuff , sport is emotional and everyone kisses everyone ......on the terraces , in the changing rooms , in the pubs , men kiss men , men kiss women , everyone's at it when emotions are high

This sort of dominant kiss .....see it all the time on nights out , rugby and football teams of both sexes celebrating a win etc ......

Far too much analysis going on with regard to this sort of thing it's like happy hour at Pete and bernies philosophical steak house

She was laughing in the changing rooms when asked about being kissed it didn't appear to be the demeanour of someone offended or distressed

But his crotch grabbing antics mean that he's obviously going to have to walk

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Seems to me that there is a bigger sporting issue which underlies this event. There are a series of mass resignations from coaching staff and support employees who claim that over time there have been other incidents where they have complained and no action taken no just about Robiales but also the coach Vilda

The local media suggest that the system as it stands is broken and needs a restructuring from top to bottom.

Robiales clearly doesn’t want to lose his job but his forceful statements before the Spanish FA appear to have lost him a lot of political support .

On Saturday He even offered Vilda a new 5 year contract on £500,000 a year. This is not the actions of a man who is worried about his job

However his situation now appears untenable because he has apparently pissed off most of his support

Yeah aside from anything else, there is a lot of backstory to the women's team and their relationship with the Spanish FA

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ch-jorge-vilda

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I thought at first it was just excitement and heat of the moment stuff , sport is emotional and everyone kisses everyone ......on the terraces , in the changing rooms , in the pubs , men kiss men , men kiss women , everyone's at it when emotions are high

This sort of dominant kiss .....see it all the time on nights out , rugby and football teams of both sexes celebrating a win etc ......

Far too much analysis going on with regard to this sort of thing it's like happy hour at Pete and bernies philosophical steak house

She was laughing in the changing rooms when asked about being kissed it didn't appear to be the demeanour of someone offended or distressed

But his crotch grabbing antics mean that he's obviously going to have to walk
    No means yes!

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Lardy is back, and has found the video.

It looks to me like he jumps rather than she lifts.

Exactly he hasn't been lifted there he's raised his own legs

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    No means yes!
    She walked away smiling and was laughing and joking away in the changing room and dancing about with her team

She didn't appear at all concerned

In his case it appears he is a git but we can't be describing hundreds and thousands of men and women who plant kisses on each other as sex offenders ff sake

She walked away smiling and was laughing and joking away in the changing room and dancing about with her team

She didn't appear at all concerned

In his case it appears he is a git but we can't be describing hundreds and thousands of men and women who plant kisses on each other as sex offenders ff sake
    ****ing loved it the slag!

Birds love it when i pinch their arses, or when i wolf whistle out my window, laughing and giggling with their friends!

Give your ****ing head a wobble, nobody is getting put on a sex offenders register but you need to walk a mile in women's shoes and recognise the everyday fears and powers that men have over them. Shame on you, get the **** out here!
    Last edited by OurManFlint II; 29-08-23 at 20:00. Reason: admin

Wtf, kind of escalation is this?! 😂

So you are saying, every kiss you have ever had, when you have made the first move you have absolutely 100% established consent first (verbal or written) and that you know 100% that she wanted to kiss you at that moment?

I sincerely doubt that this is the case. This kind of talk is the kind of thing that is contributing to a lot of anxiety around sexuality in younger people tbh.

These are different example to the case in question, which was awkward and there are questions over the power dynamic etc but it's not sexual assault
    Jimbo, I think you maybe judging everyone on your habits, experiences and morals?

Still have a read buddy, you may want to reflect on your past behaviours?

https://rapecrisis.org.uk/get-inform...exual-assault/

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Jimbo, I think you maybe judging everyone on your habits, experiences and morals?

Still have a read buddy, you may want to reflect on your past behaviours?

https://rapecrisis.org.uk/get-inform...exual-assault/
    Are you accusing me of sexual assault because I have kissed someone without first getting verbal or written consent?

I refuse to believe that you have never done the same, and I think you should be wary of what you accuse people of tbh.

Birds love it when i pinch their arses, or when i wolf whistle out my window, laughing and giggling with their friends!

Give your ****ing head a wobble, nobody is getting put on a sex offenders register but you need to walk a mile in women's shoes and recognise the everyday fears and powers that men have over them. Shame on you, get the **** out here!
    Jordi Cule above seems to be suggesting that it absolutely is sexual assault and then (presumably) he should be put on the sex offenders register?

Oh shut up you soppy tart

I don't know anyone who pinches women's arses or wolf whistles

Plenty of people of all sexes and sexuality carry out that sort of daft kiss it may or may not be taken by a woman or man or whatever as threatening or offensive but the problem with people like you is you appear to be speaking for everyone

I wouldn't do something like that but if I see someone doing it I wouldn't assume , as you have , that they are a raving sexist

They may be male homosexual , giving one of their lifelong female friends a kiss on their hen night or chuffed that she's had an all clear from cancer

Ff sake

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    How would you feel if a total stranger kissed your wife like that?
    The question is surely how would your wife feel , not how would you feel ?

If my wife felt that sort of kiss was harmless and not threatening then that's what it was , to her ?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I’ve seen your wife Eric. Don’t think you need to worry about that .😁
    She's a very sexy lady

I spoke to her once outside the grandstand at NP

But she was with a dodgy looking bloke so I did a runner

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    For all those saying it’s an overreaction - ask your wife / girlfriend / female friend or family member what their take is on it and whether they would feel violated if it happened to them. Whichever way you look at it - it’s and assault of a sexual nature.
    Well the answer to that is that given the context a lot of women wouldn't be that bothered by getting kissed after they had won the world's biggest sporting occasion

If someone walked up to a womanin the street and planted a beauty on her like that .....out of the blue ?

Then yes , possibly a sexual assault and not really any defence

Are you accusing me of sexual assault because I have kissed someone without first getting verbal or written consent?

I refuse to believe that you have never done the same, and I think you should be wary of what you accuse people of tbh.
    I'm giving you information about what sexual assault is and the concept of consent. If I'm being kind, your understanding of it as I interpret from you posts suggest it's limited.

Whether or not you need to reflect on your past behaviour is your call? You're the one who brought them up.

I wasn't in the habit of getting piissed up and snogging strangers on the off chance they wanted to have me kissing them? You feel free to carry on believing I did if it makes you feel better?

The question is surely how would your wife feel , not how would you feel ?

If my wife felt that sort of kiss was harmless and not threatening then that's what it was , to her ?
    I agree. I was just looking at an angle through his eyes.