+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Imagine Norwich winning the FA Cup

Re: Imagine Norwich winning the FA Cup

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    There's always News this one event won't generate much if anything in the way of additional sales.

It's in the News because his behaviour is unacceptable and it's been made worse by victim blaming.
    Given that the President's mother has apparently locked herself in a church and started a hunger strike you do wonder whether she has shares in some of these media outlets making millions of euros on the back of these events!

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    There's always News this one event won't generate much if anything in the way of additional sales.

It's in the News because his behaviour is unacceptable and it's been made worse by victim blaming.

I'm not sure there's anything else happening in the world right now. Lucky he's saved the blank front pages and 0kb webpages!

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Total stranger? Don't think so.

Think you're missing the point.

All the hype / drama / mass hysteria ... driven by the media, who stand to make millions of € in revenue.

Maybe you can apply your statistical prowess to create a better estimate.

I don't agree with what that Spanish guy did but the reaction is OTT.
    The last sentence here sums it all up nicely. There's a lot of politics in the background with the Spanish women's national team but it strikes me as a totally overblown situation now.

Not sure I'm confortable with situations like this being labelled as sexual assault

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    The last sentence here sums it all up nicely. There's a lot of politics in the background with the Spanish women's national team but it strikes me as a totally overblown situation now.

Not sure I'm confortable with situations like this being labelled as sexual assault
    How would you define sexual assault Jimbo?

I think it would be important to know what Grant Hanley and his team mates think about it….

She has a right to not be happy with it. I do feel it is a bit of a storm in a tea cup though and isn't helped by the fractures already in the women's game in Spain.

Prosecutors looking into sexual assault.

He shouldn't have done it, he was obviously caught up in the moment and they do know each other and given context I don't think he should be lumped with sex offenders.

I do agree it shouldn't be an issue as he should never have done it.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Karen Brady and Carlos Tevez
    Karen Brady and Paul Peschisolido

Lets flip the scenerio then.

Spain mens team wins the world cup, Álvaro Morata steps up to the podium and Luis Rubiales places both hands behind the unsuspecting Morata's head, braces him, then plants a 2 second kiss full on the lips. Morata later said to reporters he didn't like it.

Would there be a story.....Of course because its a bit strange, but in that situation, Superstar, multi-millionaire Morata is at least as powerful but in reality more than the president.

Its a story about mis use of power through entitlement

I can’t imagine Norwich winning the FA Cup. So that’s the end of that.

Delia Smith in a line to congratulate all the players as they receive their medals ... then she gives captain Grant Hanley a big kiss - on the lips - no tongue.

Wonder what the media and woke brigade would make of it.
    SLUDGE!! Does Delia do tongue? I know she's 82 but was a sort 62 years ago...what says you?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    How would you define sexual assault Jimbo?
    Probably not as a single peck, even if it's on the lips, which I assume makes it a sexual assault as opposed to a cheek (which is what, just assault?). If that's the case then I should imagine most of us are serial sexual offenders and I don't think that's really the case.

I don’t think there was any bad intentions on his behalf, I think he was over exciting but I also don’t think it was appropriate. Also the way he grabbed the back of her head and pulled her towards him left a lot to be desired, I wouldn’t class it as a peck and I think if anyone did that to someone they would expect a slap back.

I don’t think the whole thing has been handled very well.

Probably not as a single peck, even if it's on the lips, which I assume makes it a sexual assault as opposed to a cheek (which is what, just assault?). If that's the case then I should imagine most of us are serial sexual offenders and I don't think that's really the case.
    I'm sure someone with your intellect and ability to read nuance understands the concept of 'consent'?

Do you regularly kiss everyone on the cheeks then?

For all those saying it’s an overreaction - ask your wife / girlfriend / female friend or family member what their take is on it and whether they would feel violated if it happened to them. Whichever way you look at it - it’s and assault of a sexual nature.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I can’t imagine Norwich winning the FA Cup. So that’s the end of that.
    Worth a bet at 200-1?

Capture.JPG

Worth a bet at 200-1?
    You must be woking.

I'm sure someone with your intellect and ability to read nuance understands the concept of 'consent'?

Do you regularly kiss everyone on the cheeks then?
    Youve never kissed anyone on a night out?

Youve never kissed anyone on a night out?
    Yes, with their consent. Not a hard concept to grasp is it?

You telling me you've kissed people without their consent?

Whittingham’s goal at the Riverside and Ledley’s at Wembley a few weeks later...........is that acceptable?

When's international Men's Day, eh!

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    When's international Men's Day, eh!
    https://www.internationalmensday.inf...20main%20event.

19th November this year, apparently

What every single drunken snog when you have gone into kiss someone, you have always obtained their clear consent and then they have never ever pulled away? Hmm.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

I’m in Madrid at the moment. Locals don’t seem very bothered about it.

When asked most of the people I have talked to simply shrug and are not sure about the media reaction. Having said that they have been mostly males. Perhaps the differently gendered group have more concerns and are more ready to voice them.

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    I’m in Madrid at the moment. Locals don’t seem very bothered about it.

When asked most of the people I have talked to simply shrug and are not sure about the media reaction. Having said that they have been mostly males. Perhaps the differently gendered group have more concerns and are more ready to voice them.
    I would hope they have several hundred bigger things to worry about.

It's the 21st century. Not like the '80s when you had to wait for the Echo to come out to read a report of Saturday's game. I can't believe anyone is buying a paper to read about this. It's not like anyone has an exclusive. You can get this story anywhere. It was even on Public Television news over here.