+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brennan Johnson £50m !!

Re: Brennan Johnson £50m !!

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    What does a 15/20 goal striker cost them nowadays? A decent midfielder?
    Rice for 100 Mill

Caicedo for 115 Mill

as I said, lost sight of reality with these fee's

Though having said that, Bale cost 85 Mill 10 years ago, but at the time that was a exceptional fee

In todays market seems a fair price to me. Why hes getting negativity because he was sent out on loan to league 1 as a just turned 19 year old to get some experience I dont know. Just goes to show people dont understand football.

Hes only just turned 22, got 3 full seasons under his belt whilst also progressing in standard and more than coping with it every year, and hes also become a full international in that time too - another level he looks more than comfortable with.

In his careeer so far hes averaged around 1 in 3 from that wide forward / winger position. Thats a more than decent return for someone who still has many years in front of him, hopefully for Wales at the highest level possible.

Personally, I think he will flourish at Spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Evan Ferguson is 18 and is starting for Brighton at a high level....and scores, assists quite regularly.
    He would also cost north of 100m if someone were to try and buy him from Brighton. They would probably have to pay more than the 115m it took for Chelsea to get Caicedo.

International

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He would also cost north of 100m if someone were to try and buy him from Brighton. They would probably have to pay more than the 115m it took for Chelsea to get Caicedo.
    Brentford are brilliant, but Brighton have been unbelievable in the transfer market, how the hell did they find so many players for peanuts and turn them into £ 100 million players?

They've reportedly "slapped" a £120m price tag on him

I went to watch Bohemian, Ferguson's old club, on Friday night. The standard was pretty decent, way ahead of the Welsh system with a good atmosphere, and they supposedly have a 10-15% sell on clause on Ferguson so if he goes for anywhere near £120m they'll have one hell of a pay day. I think he made his debut for them at 14

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    I've always thought he was overrated. Never in a million years is he worth £50m. I think Levy has lost the plot.
    At what point in his career as he appeared to be overated?

2020/21 - 19 years old - one of Lincolns main players that helped them to the league 1 play offs.

2021/22 - 20 years old - Top scorer for Forest as they get promoted to Premier League.

2022/23 - 21 years old - 10 goals in all competitions and 11 Premier League goal involvements for a newly promoted Forest who managed to beat relegation.

Really struggling with some of the bollocks posted on this thread by you and LOM. We are used to it with LOM mind.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    They've reportedly "slapped" a £120m price tag on him

I went to watch Bohemian, Ferguson's old club, on Friday night. The standard was pretty decent, way ahead of the Welsh system with a good atmosphere, and they supposedly have a 10-15% sell on clause on Ferguson so if he goes for anywhere near £120m they'll have one hell of a pay day. I think he made his debut for them at 14
    Reminds me of Norman Whiteside in that hes like a fully grown man at 17/18 years old. Plays like a throwback to, he puts himself about.

It's truly bizarre claim considering Johnson is 22, he's had just three full seasons of first team football and has performed very well in each of them.

Always been overrated, though....

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It's truly bizarre claim considering Johnson is 22, he's had just three full seasons of first team football and has performed very well in each of them.

Always been overrated, though....

Not only that hes consistently performing at a higher level each season and still producing. Its the very opposite of being overated surely

Its not like its Rubin Colwill who people were saying was the next big thing before he had actually done anything. Johnson just keeps taking the next level in his stride including international football.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Brentford are brilliant, but Brighton have been unbelievable in the transfer market, how the hell did they find so many players for peanuts and turn them into £ 100 million players?
    The players, the coach, the whole set-up at Brighton is surely pound for pound the best in the country. Certainly them or Brentford but youd have to argue Brighton are performaing better and turning around bigger transfer fees for their players.

I really like that Japanese fella, Mitoma. ill be amazed if he doesnt get a move to one of the so called bigger clubs in the future. If Liverpool do sell Salah it wouldnt surprise me if they moved for him.

Thats said Brighton are so well run, and with the money they get from the Premiear League and some of the player sales they can afford to play hardball and demand top money if the bigger clubs want their players.

2020/21 - 19 years old - one of Lincolns main players that helped them to the league 1 play offs.

2021/22 - 20 years old - Top scorer for Forest as they get promoted to Premier League.

2022/23 - 21 years old - 10 goals in all competitions and 11 Premier League goal involvements for a newly promoted Forest who managed to beat relegation.

Really struggling with some of the bollocks posted on this thread by you and LOM. We are used to it with LOM mind.
    Calm down Hartley lad !

I'm merely of the opinion that as a footballer I don't rate him as highly as you or others in this thread. Why you should get so worked up because my opinion doesn't fall in step with yours, only you can answer.

He is undoubtedly a talented footballer but in my view, he's not exceptional in a way that players like Foden, Saka were at a similar age. Many think he's the next big thing but I don't quite see it that way. He may prove me wrong of course.

It's all about opinions and whilst I don't agree with some of the views espoused on here I fall short of referring to them as "bollocks", mostly out of respect for the other poster.

Calm down Hartley lad !

I'm merely of the opinion that as a footballer I don't rate him as highly as you or others in this thread. Why you should get so worked up because my opinion doesn't fall in step with yours, only you can answer.

He is undoubtedly a talented footballer but in my view, he's not exceptional in a way that players like Foden, Saka were at a similar age. Many think he's the next big thing but I don't quite see it that way. He may prove me wrong of course.

It's all about opinions and whilst I don't agree with some of the views espoused on here I fall short of referring to them as "bollocks", mostly out of respect for the other poster.
    Im calm. Honestly.

I dont think anyone is claiming hes up there with Foden and Saka, they are, or have the potential to be, world class, but then you couldnt buy either of those players standing leg for £50m. In the current market, if Number 6s are going for 110/115m, then both those players would be around 150m!!

Calm down Hartley lad !

Foden’s price tag would be really mind boggling and rightly so in today’s climate, Saka, not quite so much in my opinion, but still huge. To compare any other UK young player with them is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    they take gambles on players that the big clubs won't but have the potential to reach the top, like they spent decent money on Caicaido, but get a lot more back

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    they take gambles on players that the big clubs won't but have the potential to reach the top, like they spent decent money on Caicaido, but get a lot more back
    They've also made some smart older signings: Milner, Lallana, Welbeck as well as keeping the likes of Dunk, Steele and March to keep some kind of continuity and a strong spirit (which can be overlooked by a stats-obsessed approach)

The players, the coach, the whole set-up at Brighton is surely pound for pound the best in the country. Certainly them or Brentford but youd have to argue Brighton are performaing better and turning around bigger transfer fees for their players.

I really like that Japanese fella, Mitoma. ill be amazed if he doesnt get a move to one of the so called bigger clubs in the future. If Liverpool do sell Salah it wouldnt surprise me if they moved for him.

Thats said Brighton are so well run, and with the money they get from the Premiear League and some of the player sales they can afford to play hardball and demand top money if the bigger clubs want their players.
    Mitoma's goal impressed me the other weekend. Not just for his run and cut in from the left, but he was pulled back twice and stayed on his feet to finish the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    You could argue their recruitment is so good, they don’t gamble. Whatever they’re doing to identify players works, and they don’t use the stats available to you or me.

2 Arsenal appearances in 5 years at the club - £35m.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66664738

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    2 Arsenal appearances in 5 years at the club - £35m.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66664738
    He did score 21 in Ligue 1 last season to be fair mind and he was touted as a bit of a wonderkid for a bit

Cole Palmer on verge of 40m move to Chelsea.

Fee agreed for over 45m apparently. Hope it works out for him but he will be under pressure to instantly perform for that sort of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Evan Ferguson is 18 and is starting for Brighton at a high level....and scores, assists quite regularly.

Cole Palmer on verge of 40m move to Chelsea.
    That's absolutely nuts, 21 and barely played a full match!

Linking with another thread on here, I saw Palmer referred to as "generational". Based on what? Youth games? At the same age Brennan Johnson, who some are mocking Spurs for signing, had a full season as the main man in League 1, the Championship and then the Premier League alongside full international caps!

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    That's absolutely nuts, 21 and barely played a full match!

Linking with another thread on here, I saw Palmer referred to as "generational". Based on what? Youth games? At the same age Brennan Johnson, who some are mocking Spurs for signing, had a full season as the main man in League 1, the Championship and then the Premier League alongside full international caps!
    He's such a generational talent that Pep doesn't rate him

Think he'll do really well at spurs. Think there's a few strikers who'd fancy paying in between him and son aswell.