+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bulut picks a team without centrebacks and Cardiff respond with their best Cup performance in years!

Bulut picks a team without centrebacks and Cardiff respond with their best Cup performance in years!

No one had a bad performance according to City manager.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Re: Bulut picks a team without centrebacks and Cardiff respond with their best Cup performance in years!

It's difficult to say great report Bob, when most of us have seen very little action of the game, but going by the law of probabilities that your reports are usually excellent, then I've no doubt this one is too!

The only thing I would say though is having seen the Sky highlights the sending off did look harsh to me. The game has changed so much over the years, but the lad lost his head and threw himself into the tackle. I don't think it would have been a booking back in Chopper Harris / Norman Hunter's era.

Re: Bulut picks a team without centrebacks and Cardiff respond with their best Cup performance in years!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    No one had a bad performance according to City manager.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/
    Having just seen the goal highlights, it was pleasing to see how many men we had, as available options, in the box for each goal.

International

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSiamIAm View Post
    Having just seen the goal highlights, it was pleasing to see how many men we had, as available options, in the box for each goal.
    Some neat short quick passing too, very good on the eye, Cowlill's back heel was quick thinking and created the space!

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    It's difficult to say great report Bob, when most of us have seen very little action of the game, but going by the law of probabilities that your reports are usually excellent, then I've no doubt this one is too!

The only thing I would say though is having seen the Sky highlights the sending off did look harsh to me. The game has changed so much over the years, but the lad lost his head and threw himself into the tackle. I don't think it would have been a booking back in Chopper Harris / Norman Hunter's era.
    Probably not, but times have changed a lot since Harris and Hunter’s day - to use modern parlance it was an “out of control tackle”.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post

The red card did seem harsh but from the off we maintained a possession ratio of 75/25 which is excellent and shows how comfortable we were throughout.
    More quality footballers in the team last night. Anyway winning is good for moral and can become a habit

For those of you who were not there, I thought I had walked into a different game.

I cannot remember a Cardiff team passing the ball like that, it was sublime !

You can only beat what is put in front of you, and the Cardiff lads absolutely battered them, from start to finish

Was a pleasure to be there and see it

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    For those of you who were not there, I thought I had walked into a different game.

You can only beat what is put in front of you, and the Cardiff lads absolutely battered them, from start to finish

well done for those who attended

sounds like us armchair fans last night missed out on a cracker

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    The red card did seem harsh but from the off we maintained a possession ratio of 75/25 which is excellent and shows how comfortable we were throughout.
    More quality footballers in the team last night. Anyway winning is good for moral and can become a habit
    In the initial tackle the Brum seemed to be looking for the free kick, he then got up and lunged with studs up in to our player. Red card all day long.

There seems to be a start of something here - they all now are starting to believe in themselves (well most of them).
    Still have reservations about a few of our lot.

The full game is now on the club website, think I’ll give it a watch - the extended highlights (about ten minutes worth) are on there as well.

International

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    In the initial tackle the Brum seemed to be looking for the free kick, he then got up and lunged with studs up in to our player. Red card all day long.

There seems to be a start of something here - they all now are starting to believe in themselves (well most of them).
    Still have reservations about a few of our lot.
    Agreed we've had much softer red cards than that, it was I'm temper and right in front of the ref the dope.

International

The full game is now on the club website, think I’ll give it a watch - the extended highlights (about ten minutes worth) are on there as well.
    Free?

Exactly what I said as we were walking out last night. I thoroughly enjoyed it. And they got off lightly at 1-3. It was much more convincing than that, based around some lovely football.

On the back of 10 changes, some selection dilemmas? IMHO, Rubin stole the show but there were some very good performances all around - thought Adams at the back was excellent, but Sawyers and Rino were both very good. Although Etete's finishing let him down a bit!

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Free?
    Yes.

International

Yes.
    I'll have a look later

Cheers. Will give that a watch. Sounds pretty impressive.

Well, that was very good. It might not have been Birmingham’s strongest team, but we’d have beaten full strength Championship teams playing like that - one thing that I ended the game thinking was that I wish Romaine Sawyers had played for us four or five years earlier because he’s a lovely player to watch when he’s playing well.

If anyone is debating whether it’s worth watching the whole game, I’d say to then watch, it’s well worth it, especially after the garbage we’ve had to endure in recent years.

Same line up Saturday then?