+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rubin Colwill

Re: Rubin Colwill

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Who's us? We have plenty of ball winners and grafters, we've needed creativity for years
    I’ll always remember that time a few years back when I was watching the Academy team playing Colchester and I overheard some bloke who was part of the Colchester party saying that he’d been watching football at this level for years and season in, season out it was Cardiff who played the best quality football in the league.

Thinking about last night, could it be that our freakishly high possession figure, by City standards, of seventy one per cent had something to do with the fact that we had more players used to playing age group football, where the emphasis is traditionally much more on ball retention than it is with the senior team, than normal in the first team? In the last few minutes last night, we had Colwill, Evans and Ashford on the pitch and I’d argue that technically they are better than many who play in the first team regularly.

That’s not to say that they’re better players because success in the professional game is as much, if not more, to do with things like mental attitude and belief as technical qualities, but I think if the three players I mentioned were given a run in the team, our possession stats figure would go up slightly because we wouldn’t be giving the ball away as cheaply we have done in recent seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Please don't insult my intelligence

When he single handedly won the game up at forest he was praised as a potential great all rounder

After time out with injury people are now saying he's the perfect number 10

With his size he should be able to play anywhere in the middle

Unlike Rambo
    I’m not sure if this is dafter than your post comparing Marshall and Alexander to Allsop or not.

When he single handedly won the game up at forest he was praised as a potential great all rounder

Unlike Rambo
    I don't think anyone who has seen him play since his time with the u21s has seen him as anything other than an attacking midfielder

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Anyone who has ever seen Colwill play at academy, youth and under 21 level would see he was never going to be the mobile ball winning midfielder which you want him to be.

You do have some football brain farts on here.
    Give it a few bad performances and plenty on here will be wanting him sold

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    I’m not sure if this is dafter than your post comparing Marshall and Alexander to Allsop or not.
    That's because I wasn't comparing Marshall to allsop

Colwill has something special about him and he has qualities that many more anonymous players will never have. We just need him to up his efforts a bit more regarding the more mundane stuff.

Give it a few bad performances and plenty on here will be wanting him sold
    That maybe so. That goes for most players in the squad.

Unlike Rambo
    Nobody who has seen him play has ever considered him a ball winner

The talk has always been about him as an attacking, creative outlet either in the 10 role, driving from the midfield or briefly out wide (which he can't do), I've never seen anyone describe him as a ball winner

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Nobody who has seen him play has ever considered him a ball winner

The talk has always been about him as an attacking, creative outlet either in the 10 role, driving from the midfield or briefly out wide (which he can't do), I've never seen anyone describe him as a ball winner
    Well plenty of people have seen him play and are of the concensus that in order for colwill to push on he's going to be using what ball winning skills he has , particularly in the Championship

What's entirely predictable on here is the wags all think he's a great player

Which certainly hasn't been the cry until the last few games

I think he needs to be played deeper and get his knees dirty

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I’ll always remember that time a few years back when I was watching the Academy team playing Colchester and I overheard some bloke who was part of the Colchester party saying that he’d been watching football at this level for years and season in, season out it was Cardiff who played the best quality football in the league.

Thinking about last night, could it be that our freakishly high possession figure, by City standards, of seventy one per cent had something to do with the fact that we had more players used to playing age group football, where the emphasis is traditionally much more on ball retention than it is with the senior team, than normal in the first team? In the last few minutes last night, we had Colwill, Evans and Ashford on the pitch and I’d argue that technically they are better than many who play in the first team regularly.

That’s not to say that they’re better players because success in the professional game is as much, if not more, to do with things like mental attitude and belief as technical qualities, but I think if the three players I mentioned were given a run in the team, our possession stats figure would go up slightly because we wouldn’t be giving the ball away as cheaply we have done in recent seasons.
    Paul, your second paragraph is spot on. We need patience with these players if we are to progress. Let's be rational, we are not going to get promoted this season.

Well plenty of people have seen him play and are of the concensus that in order for colwill to push on he's going to be using what ball winning skills he has , particularly in the Championship

For the love of Christ will you please leave the football threads alone. You’ve had an absolute
    ‘Mare on this thread, once again showing yourself to be utterly clueless on football matters, but still you continue to dig your heels in and spout utter drivel.

Colwill never has, and never will be, a ball winning midfielder. The end.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    For the love of Christ will you please leave the football threads alone. You’ve had an absolute
    ‘Mare on this thread, once again showing yourself to be utterly clueless on football matters but still you continue to dig your heels in and spout utter shite.
    This is a Cardiff City Website

It's nothing to do with you

Please naff off to the Merthyr site which is where you belong

Diolch

Sludge, most on here who are supportive of Colwill, in the majority are saying he's got potential so let's see how he now develops under Bulut who appears (first instances) to be a proper, technical football coach. Let's see if Colwill under Bulut can develop and start producing some of the creativity and football City have been lacking in midfield for a number of seasons? He could take the burden of Ramsey.

In the short time Bulut has been here, Colwill appears to have made some progress. You on the other hand are whining about the fact he doesn't play like Paul Ramsey, Charlie Oatway or Willie Boland.

Give yourself a break butt, it must be tiring trying to be so confrontational all the time?

This is a Cardiff City Website

It's nothing to do with you

Please naff off to the Merthyr site which is where you belong

Diolch
    No

International

Sludge, most on here who are supportive of Colwill, in the majority are saying he's got potential so let's see how he now develops under Bulut who appears (first instances) to be a proper, technical football coach. Let's see if Colwill under Bulut can develop and start producing some of the creativity and football City have been lacking in midfield for a number of seasons? He could take the burden of Ramsey.

In the short time Bulut has been here, Colwill appears to have made some progress. You on the other hand are whining about the fact he doesn't play like Paul Ramsey, Charlie Oatway or Willie Boland.

Give yourself a break butt, it must be tiring trying to be so confrontational all the time?
    Tanner has come on leaps and bounds also under Bulut and a few others he's starting to make a real difference, long may it continue.

Many players who have burst onto the scene at a young level at any sport who find themselves thrust into the limelight shine at first but then struggle with form due to the added pressure and everything outside of the sport it brings with it. It looks like Colwill is in good hands lookiing at his performance against BRUM, even more so with Rambo to guide him

Quote Originally Posted by pulsy View Post
    Many players who have burst onto the scene at a young level at any sport who find themselves thrust into the limelight shine at first but then struggle with form due to the added pressure and everything outside of the sport it brings with it. It looks like Colwill is in good hands lookiing at his performance against BRUM, even more so with Rambo to guide him
    if anyone should benefit from Rambo arriving, its got to be Rubes, must be a massive influence and guiding hand

We need to extend Colwill's contract ASAP, he's a real talent. I wonder if there is an option to extend in his current deal?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Tanner has come on leaps and bounds also under Bulut and a few others he's starting to make a real difference, long may it continue.
    Bulut allegedly, is the first proper football coach City have had for a good number of seasons.

We'll all need to wait and see but there have been visible improvement, so cause for optimism. I'm realistic here and expect a few maulings for City this season. A long, long way to go and if improvements do continue let's hope they are visible and quick enough for Tan to keep Bulut in post.

Bulut allegedly, is the first proper football coach City have had for a good number of seasons.

We'll all need to wait and see but there have been visible improvement, so cause for optimism. I'm realistic here and expect a few maulings for City this season. A long, long way to go and if improvements do continue let's hope they are visible and quick enough for Tan to keep Bulut in post.
    Better than Morison? The self proclaimed proven one. Changed the style of play, best transfer window in memory.etc.etc.etc

On a serious note, that 2nd goal against Brum was different class and showed Colwill at his best. Lovely ball sprayed out to Tanner, then received it back for a lovely one touch lay off to Wintle to finish. Proper.

Colwill has natural ability, we all know that. Maybe Bulut understands what Colwill needs to do in terms of improving his game and his decision making. Doesn't mean he will be able to drag it out of Colwill though , some players just can't get there, some players bodies won't allow.

The encouraging thing is that we have seen an up turn in colwill's performance, that's a positive, and it may mean that Bulut has the ability needed in a coaching capacity that wasn't prevalent under previous managers and coaching staff. It may also mean that other players improve their game as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Colwill has natural ability, we all know that. Maybe Bulut understands what Colwill needs to do in terms of improving his game and his decision making. Doesn't mean he will be able to drag it out of Colwill though , some players just can't get there, some players bodies won't allow.

The encouraging thing is that we have seen an up turn in colwill's performance, that's a positive, and it may mean that Bulut has the ability needed in a coaching capacity that wasn't prevalent under previous managers and coaching staff. It may also mean that other players improve their game as well.
    Youre going to be eating some humble pie if he comes good butty

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post

Long, long way to go for Colwill, other individuals and the squad as a whole.

It's only hearsay information but it's been said Bulut is a football coach and has a stronger aspect on actual football coaching and the actual ability to do so, than some of the previous rmanagers. It'll be interesting to see how Colwill develops this season? I always feel Colwill and other City youngsters have had their development and progress curtailed a little by City's coaching, managerial structures. I'm not saying Colwill would now be the finished article if he'd experienced different City managers but I think he wouldn't have stagnated like he did.

I'm hopeful for him and the squad on the whole under Bulut.

Time will tell...

Better than Morison? The self proclaimed proven one. Changed the style of play, best transfer window in memory.etc.etc.etc

On a serious note, that 2nd goal against Brum was different class and showed Colwill at his best. Lovely ball sprayed out to Tanner, then received it back for a lovely one touch lay off to Wintle to finish. Proper.
    Youre going to be eating some humble pie if he comes good butty
    Indeed I will. I still think that there's something amiss with him, although I would gladly eat double helpings of the humble pie