+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Allsop to Hull. CONFIRMED

Re: Allsop to Hull. CONFIRMED

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Wasn’t he brought in by Morison as he was good with the ball at his feet (which he was) and so suited the initial plan but then fell out of favour when various different managers wanted to be more direct?

If so it is easy to criticise but he seems to have been a victim of our revolving door manager strategy surely?
    I don't think the problem was a change from 'playing out from the back' to a more direct approach.

Kicking a ball accurately is needed in either style of play.

The problem was all the other things a goalkeeper is supposed to do. Things like commanding the box, catching crosses, organising the defence, and maybe most importantly - stopping shots. He wasn't useless, but he had major weaknesses with all those things.

Wasn’t he brought in by Morison as he was good with the ball at his feet (which he was) and so suited the initial plan but then fell out of favour when various different managers wanted to be more direct?

If so it is easy to criticise but he seems to have been a victim of our revolving door manager strategy surely?
    Most managers want a keeper that is good at keeping the ball out of their own net. Allsop was terrible at that aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I don't think the problem was a change from 'playing out from the back' to a more direct approach.

Kicking a ball accurately is needed in either style of play.

The problem was all the other things a goalkeeper is supposed to do. Things like commanding the box, catching crosses, organising the defence, and maybe most importantly - stopping shots. He wasn't useless, but he had major weaknesses with all those things.
    Liam Rosenior talked about Allsop’s long distance kicking and when we went moredirect last season, it was noticeable that he could kick the ball accurately over long distances - he was the best I’ve seen at the club when it came to playing football and I cannot remember him letting in the sort of howler that our new goalkeeper from Arsenal made when he played for their first team. As mentioned earlier in the thread though, the save Runarsson made from that free kick last night was probably better than any Allsop made in his year with us. I didn’t think we’d get rid of him and, if our manager is to be believed, I’m not sure he was planning to let Allsop leave, but, as I’ve mentioned before, there were far too many times where, instinctively, I muttered “could the keeper have done better there?” when we conceded goals last season.

He clearly wasn’t rubbish. That is just a stupid statement.
    It’s an opinion. Just as your view of Allsop is an opinion.

I thought he was reasonable with the ball at his feet, good at wasting time, good at feigning injury and good at getting booked. But poor at stopping shots.

In my opinion, by normal Championship standards and also by the standards of the other keepers we’ve had at the club since City returned to this level twenty years ago, he’s rubbish. And I’m very glad he’s gone because I couldn’t stand watching him.

David Marshall had some crazy moments which gave goals to the opposition

A great shot stopper though so he got out of jail

Neil Alexander's fantastic save v Brian Tinnions header at Ashton Gate in the play off semis .......cancelled out by plenty of bonkers times when he lost his head

It's like the scales of justice

I’m just back from Hull, I drove the useless bugger there myself

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’m just back from Hull, I drove the useless bugger there myself
    Did he let the contract drop from his hands at any stage?

Hull will be Allsop’s 13th EFL club. Unlucky for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Youd be wrong. Hes already kicked off in another thread having a go at anyone criticising him and launching a defence.

He did insist we were a better side with Will Vaulks in it as well. So hes not the greatest judge of a player.🤣🤣🤣
    I wonder how many recent City players that dml has suggested could do a job in the Premier League have actually ended up there?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Did he let the contract drop from his hands at any stage?
    Piss off, I sat on it all the way in case he changed his mind