+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wales squad

Wales squad

Some interesting selections/omissions by Page https://faw.cymru/news/cymru-squad-a...ic-and-latvia/

Re: Wales squad

That's uninspiring

Classic Page madness to drag Luke Harris all around Europe, not capping him, only to drop him for a home friendly

We've also picked 4 keepers and 2 players who can't play in the only competitive game. The mind boggles.

Further proof that Page should have gone after the World Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Further proof that Page should have gone after the World Cup.
    He should have gone way before that.

I look at that squad and can only see one player who is a definite starter in a Premier League team’s strongest eleven - Page is looking out of his depth lately, but I think this would be a tough time for the Welsh team whoever was in charge.

Page is a changer, got the job by default because of a weak and naive FAW. If he didn’t get the wales job by default he probably wouldn’t have got a conference job.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I look at that squad and can only see one player who is a definite starter in a Premier League team’s strongest eleven - Page is looking out of his depth lately, but I think this would be a tough time for the Welsh team whoever was in charge.
    We do seem to have become mediocre quite quickly but our decline has got faster than perhaps it should be because we have a mediocre management team at the helm.

I totally agree but surely that’s more reason to bring youngsters like Harris through - who btw is still qualified to play for any of the home nations if I’m not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    I totally agree but surely that’s more reason to bring youngsters like Harris through - who btw is still qualified to play for any of the home nations if I’m not mistaken.
    Yes, the way Harris has been handled is baffling. Surely the whole point in picking him in the first place was to get him his cap so he was our player?

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Attacking midfielders like Luke Harris play in parts of the pitch where we have a bit of depth but Page seems reluctant to include players like him but picks four keepers and players suspended for competitive matches. Given where we are we should be nurturing and including future talent but he seems to place greater value on a squad he grew up with when he was Giggs' right hand man.

Yes, the way Harris has been handled is baffling. Surely the whole point in picking him in the first place was to get him his cap so he was our player?
    It surely makes sense to just give him 10 minutes at least and get him capped.

We need a new direction.
    Page is not the person to bring in the new blood.

I’d even give the job back to Toshack and Flynn for rebuild 2.0

Harris and Matondo are strange omissions. The latter starting tonight for Rangers after a good start to the season. Harris as yet uncapped but we’ve picked 4 keepers and players suspended for the competitive game.

Page is clueless. Hopefully these games make the FAW see sense and get him out

Siopis in the Greek squad.

Neither of the Callums picked for Ireland. According to this story O'Dowda's out for 4 weeks! https://www.extratime.com/articles/3...nternationals/

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Siopis in the Greek squad.

Neither of the Callums picked for Ireland. According to this story O'Dowda's out for 4 weeks! https://www.extratime.com/articles/3...nternationals/
    Bulut's just said 2 or 3 weeks