+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jack Simpson gone

Jack Simpson gone

Re: Jack Simpson gone

He won't be missed

So Ebou Adams and Darren Purse are our back up CBs?

No "thanks for all your efforts and good luck for the future" in that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    No "thanks for all your efforts and good luck for the future" in that statement.
    There wasn't even a 'more to follow.....' Very abrupt.

I thought we needed two centre backs with Simpson here (Benjamin surely has to go out on loan?).

I think now we need three. Won't get them - but threadbare doesn't start to describe the defensive hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    His signing, time at the club and now departure have all been strange, as has his career so far.

I wish him well but I wonder if there is something else going on that we just don’t know about.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

I thought we needed two centre backs with Simpson here (Benjamin surely has to go out on loan?).

I think now we need three. Won't get them - but threadbare doesn't start to describe the defensive hole.
    One was all but agreed and they were talking to another few. I presume that one of those they were talking to has moved forward this afternoon. Either that or Ebou Adams will be playing as CB instead .

Good, he was rubbish. 🤣

I’m sure that he wouldn’t have been released without an imminent replacement.

Hopefully 2 CB’s in.

Clearly a player struggling to find his level. At least both parties seem to have agreed that his level isn't the championship.

Quote from his Wikipedia page:

He is widely considered the worst footballer to have ever played the game.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

3? Surely not, 5 centre halves is overkill surely?

26 years old and has played a grand total of 4,700 minutes or the equivalent of 52 games.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jack...spieler/419930

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    One was all but agreed and they were talking to another few. I presume that one of those they were talking to has moved forward this afternoon. Either that or Ebou Adams will be playing as CB instead .
    Based on Tuesday, we could do worse (I’ll leave someone else to make the obvious comment here!). This has to mean we have someone coming in late today or tomorrow though.

The fact that we’re getting rid of centrebacks when we’re down to two of them now surely shows that it’s a case of one out before we can bring one in now though.

Fair play the new manager is not messing about in jettisoning the dross Morison and the transfer committee recruited

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Based on Tuesday, we could do worse (I’ll leave someone else to make the obvious comment here!). This has to mean we have someone coming in late today or tomorrow though.

The fact that we’re getting rid of centrebacks when we’re down to two of them now surely shows that it’s a case of one out before we can bring one in now though.
    The timing is odd Bob, as usually you would expect them to wait until things are over the line before agreeing to terminate - as Simpson would be free to find a new club outside of the window as long as we agreed to terminate the contract pre-11pm tomorrow. So not sure why there was a rush to do it today.

I would suspect that they've managed to get 2 CB's over the line and we're just waiting on confirmation, but I'm guessing.

Jack Simpgone

His unique approach to football will live on in my memory forever, unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    3? Surely not, 5 centre halves is overkill surely?
    MM grin.jpg

International

Must be two incoming!

Panzo and the Greek?

International

Somewhere like Grimsby, there will be excited fans saying we are signing a defender from Rangers and Cardiff, he must be decent.

The same in Hull with Allsop, boy are those fans in for a surprise?

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Fair play the new manager is not messing about in jettisoning the dross Morison and the transfer committee recruited
    What dross? The self proclaimed proven one reckoned it was the best transfer window the club has had in living memory.

Thats how shit he is, weve let him go when we only have 3 centre halves

And thats including a full back who does a job in there.

Worst player at the City since Andy Jordan for me

His inability to pass, tackle, control the ball or mark an opposing player were unique

He really did look like the fan that had won the competition to warm up with the team pre match

Obviously our loss will be someone else’s gain
    Be that Man City, Real Madrid or Hornchurch 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    I would assume it's the transfer commitee that have sanctioned/advised alot of these outgoings