+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jack Simpson gone

Re: Jack Simpson gone

Even if we dont get anyone in its the right decision.

Unbelievable that Morison bombed out McGuinness and bought him.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Must be two incoming!

Panzo and the Greek?
    Sounds like a guy Ritchie film 🤔

On wikipedia there's a link to Eddie Howe suggesting Simpson has the attributes to play at the top level. Also played at England youth levels including u21 (once). Signed by teams at a decent level and then panned. Football's a fickle mistress.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Must be two incoming!

Panzo and the Greek?
    I think I heard a John peel session from them

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think I heard a John peel session from them

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I would assume it's the transfer commitee that have sanctioned/advised alot of these outgoings
    Having been told by Bulut they are either crap or need to get game time they will struggle to find here.

“So that’s it huh? Good luck and goodbye?”

“I don’t recall saying good luck”

it would be quite hilariously Cardiff city if we now fail to get any deals done before the deadline

Sometimes he looked like he could be ok, but most the time I was just waiting for the mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Sometimes he looked like he could be ok, but most the time I was just waiting for the mistake.
    I think his confidence was just completely shot.
    Rangers fans absolutely panned him there and he never really did anything to win our fans over either.

all of our centre backs have dropped clangers at times, especially last season, and Simpson had more than his fair share of bad luck, but I also don't recall ever seeing him play and think - that was a dominant performance etc

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    His inability to pass, tackle, control the ball or mark an opposing player were unique

He really did look like the fan that had won the competition to warm up with the team pre match
    I think if Dai Hunt had won said competition, he would put a better shift in than Simpson ever did

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Thats how shit he is, weve let him go when we only have 3 centre halves

And thats including a full back who does a job in there.

Worst player at the City since Andy Jordan for me
    In fairness not even Simpson managed the own goals Jordan did

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
    Didn’t we beat Rovers 5 1 in the cup and scored all 6 goals.

Simpson and Jordan, perfect CB pairing in the worst 11 City team ever

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
    Didn’t we beat Rovers 5 1 in the cup and scored all 6 goals.

Simpson and Jordan, perfect CB pairing in the worst 11 City team ever
    Last edited by olderblue; 31-08-23 at 19:42. Reason: Duplicate

Rangers fans absolutely panned him there and he never really did anything to win our fans over either.

all of our centre backs have dropped clangers at times, especially last season, and Simpson had more than his fair share of bad luck, but I also don't recall ever seeing him play and think - that was a dominant performance etc
    I think he has been found out in the modern game, playing the ball out from the back with a bit of a football brain he is not that type of player so has struggled with our new style.
    There will be a team out there that like the direct football maybe in the lower leagues that might be for him but saying that most teams are trying to play a bit more football these days.

it would be quite hilariously Cardiff city if we now fail to get any deals done before the deadline
    I genuinely rather we have 2 center backs than Jack Simpson as cover.

I do wonder if something went on prior to the Brum game.

Not the best but when we hit our lowest ebb last year he stepped up a bit - probably because everyone else made him look good - but overall not good enough for this level. I hope he thrives somewhere else.

His biggest contribution was his shoes.

Great for content and morale.

We can still sign players. I think Birmingham showed, he’s never going to play Simpson again anyway. He’s clearly not been “ill”.

This would imply he’s played well at some point. I don’t think that’s ever been the case. The only two clubs where he has had any game time at, Rangers and us, both think he is absolutely dreadful.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    This would imply he’s played well at some point. I don’t think that’s ever been the case. The only two clubs where he has had any game time at, Rangers and us, both think he is absolutely dreadful.
    Leeds home in the cup I remember thinking maybe he's not absolutely useless after all.......

That release by the club strikes me as quite spiteful and not professional. He’s obviously done something to piss someone off, but regardless, you should (almost) always give him a “the club wishes him the best…”.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    That release by the club strikes me as quite spiteful and not professional. He’s obviously done something to piss someone off, but regardless, you should (almost) always give him a “the club wishes him the best…”.
    Having watched the Deadline Day documentaries, it showed the influence that agents have. I wonder, as with Allsop if Simpsons agent has soured the relationship, no game time, I’m off scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    And yet he was capped by England at U21 level….