+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CONFIRMED - Panzo signing on loan

Re: CONFIRMED - Panzo signing on loan

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    Nice to add a World Cup winner to the squad.

In the Panzo announcement video on Twitter, who’s that poking their head around the corner? It’s not… is it?

https://x.com/cardiffcityfc/status/1...83WdbEsPziEYrA
    Resident ghost at the CCS making a deadline day appearance

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I vaguely remember him being highly rated at Chelsea and then Monaco

Lots of games and experience for a 22 year old and part of that good England u17 side. Promising on paper. Can also cover left back I believe
    I was a bit concerned looking at his record that he'd barely played any games in 2021/22. I thought he might have had some sort of a long-term injury. However, it turns out that the Dijon side he was a part of during 2020/21 finished rock bottom of Ligue 1 (by a distance), and I don't think the stats sites include the details of games from the French second tier, so that's probably the reason for the lack of game stats in the first half of 2021/22.

Panzo is older than McGuinness by three months. They'd make an interesting and very young centre-back pairing for sure. Looks a potentially decent signing to me and to be honest I haven't been overly impressed by Goutas so far (although he hasn't looked bad), so hopefully this guy will prove to be quality.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Panzo and the Greek to start tomorrow?

More likely Panzo and McGuiness.

This news nice and early surely one more at least?
    Harsh on either Goutas or McGuiness if they are dropped but I am sure Pandora would not have signed as reserve cover

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I was a bit concerned looking at his record that he'd barely played any games in 2021/22. I thought he might have had some sort of a long-term injury. However, it turns out that the Dijon side he was a part of during 2020/21 finished rock bottom of Ligue 1 (by a distance), and I don't think the stats sites include the details of games from the French second tier, so that's probably the reason for the lack of game stats in the first half of 2021/22.

Panzo is older than McGuinness by three months. They'd make an interesting and very young centre-back pairing for sure. Looks a potentially decent signing to me and to be honest I haven't been overly impressed by Goutas so far (although he hasn't looked bad), so hopefully this guy will prove to be quality.
    He could opt to play all three of them with Tanner and Grant as wing backs
    One thing for sure is we have lots of options now

As someone said earlier - competition is how it should be. But having him in gives us a few options..... Panzo at left back (he's played there before) or three at the back.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Harsh on either Goutas or McGuiness if they are dropped but I am sure Pandora would not have signed as reserve cover
    He's good in the box apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post

International

Re: Panzo signing on loan

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Caulker?
    Sunderland fans player of the season no less

https://safc.com/news/team-news/2023...atth-wins-poty

There is still talk of another, but I would say that was back up to Batth?

The fact we let Simpson go meant they were confident of two at least.

I thought everyone wanted a striker???