Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Will we get any MOORE?

Re: Will we get any MOORE?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I bet you’re staying up until 11 for the drama as well

Allsop done weeks ago

Ramsey done weeks before it was announced

Panzo probably done weeks ago

Burton Albion transfer done six weeks before the “big reveal” etc etc - it’s called P.R
    Lol, so we did Panzo weeks ago and we've just been playing with 2 center backs in the first team squad since for... fun?

Allsop done weeks ago

Ramsey done weeks before it was announced

Panzo probably done weeks ago

Burton Albion transfer done six weeks before the “big reveal” etc etc - it’s called P.R
    Although you’re right, some deals will have a reaction transfer. Most are probably done but there is always a a panic buy/loan

So just to clarify, we signed Moore a month ago but we’ve opted not to use him in our last 6 games to gain more Twitter (sorry, X) clicks?

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Lol, so we did Panzo weeks ago and we've just been playing with 2 center backs in the first team squad since for... fun?
    Same could be said for Allsop , it was done weeks ago , from what I was told , not months , weeks, probably at the detriment of one or two matches.

That’s another bet you’d lose. I’ll be in bed as soon as the Luton game finishes. Early start tomorrow.

As far as I'm aware all we could negotiate is how much of Moore's wages we'd cover and make certain guarantees about playing time, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus_Mills View Post
    As far as I'm aware all we could negotiate is how much of Moore's wages we'd cover and make certain guarantees about playing time, maybe?
    I guess we could make gentleman’s agreement on top, would only work if Moore really is keen to come back.

6month loan with an agreement for a 6 month loan for a fee in Jan.

This thread took a weird turn

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    The concept that most deals are done weeks in advance of deadline day but not announced until the last minute so the teams that sign the players just don't get the benefit of those players playing for them for those weeks is one of the stranger things I've heard in a while, I have to admit.

Be like dropping a bunch of money on a 3 year lease for a Maserati and them telling you they can deliver it next week and saying "actually, just deliver it in a couple of months, wasn't planning to use it anyway". Bizarre.
    Peter Odemwingie thinking why the **** didn't someone tell me rather than doing 300 miles on the last day of the transfer window every season.

I bet he ( Peter Odemwinge) did his medical ( which can last up to a day ) after that big drive too - it’s PR most of the time -

Seeming less likely, shame, think he could have been the key to pushing up the table.

It's clear that this rumour of whatever player to whatever club is mostly utter nonsense

It's another part of modern football than you can shove up your arse

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Talk of two or three more in by the end of the night, I take it Batth is going to be one, who are the other/others??????
    As I strongly suspected, this was all bullshit. The desperado pushing this alleged ‘inside information’ has been doing so for decades. He’s almost always been hopelessly wrong and on the few occasions he’s been right it’s been a case of guesses based on reports already in the public domain.

His desperation for validation is especially odd given his age. I have no idea why anybody gives any credence whatsoever to the nonsense he writes.

TWGL1 the gift that keeps on giving.

More Mares than a Freddy Kruger film.

Do a deal for a player weeks ago, but then don’t get it over the line until 3 weeks into the season meaning said player misses 4/5 games??!?? That’s a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    As I strongly suspected, this was all bullshit. The desperado pushing this alleged ‘inside information’ has been doing so for decades. He’s almost always been hopelessly wrong and on the few occasions he’s been right it’s been a case of guesses based on reports already in the public domain.

His desperation for validation is especially odd given his age. I have no idea why anybody gives any credence whatsoever to the nonsense he writes.
    Does the board work on traffic and therefore putting out anything that increases it, is good for the coffers as I can't imagine the board is an altruistic offer to the footballing community - seems strange to make such categoric claims and have to back track all the time or is it the club feeding them the lines trying to plug the leaks that have maybe been there in the past ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Does the board work on traffic and therefore putting out anything that increases it, is good for the coffers as I can't imagine the board is an altruistic offer to the footballing community - seems strange to make such categoric claims and have to back track all the time or is it the club feeding them the lines trying to plug the leaks that have maybe been there in the past ?
    I’m not talking about the owner of the other board. The individual I’m referring to posted on here for years. It was the same then. He wasn’t getting any sort of financial gain or any other benefit from the stuff he was writing. He was just continually attempting to appear ‘in the know’ for no apparent reason.

He used to get the piss ripped out of him regularly, and would get wound up whenever he was called out on his bullshit.

Seems he decamped to the other board some time ago and now has a group of people who actually believe the rubbish he writes, although he was getting a bit of stick yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me to find out that false information has been given to certain people linked to the club in order to find out where and to whom it's being leaked. It 100% happened years ago and a certain fitness coach (allegedly) turned out be the culprit

And multis on the other board cause controversy and make baseless claims to generate hits , which in turn earns money. "Carl's updates" 😂

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Do a deal for a player weeks ago, but then don’t get it over the line until 3 weeks into the season meaning said player misses 4/5 games??!?? That’s a good one.
    One of the more bizarre claims I've seen on here. And I've seen some weird shit over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me to find out that false information has been given to certain people linked to the club in order to find out where and to whom it's being leaked. It 100% happened years ago and a certain fitness coach (allegedly) turned out be the culprit
    Football is a leaky game with agents , players and clubs using it just as political spin doctors do, it allows them to feed out a certain narrative .

Tomcat and Nobody's Rep have nailed it well , without slagging someone off .

Nonsense, hilarious but still nonsense.

As far as I can gather, the logic is that because some deals are in the pipeline for a while then that means all are, but some are held back to create drama for sky. And clubs are totally alright with that

Might be an unpopular opinion but I wouldn’t be in for him in January with the embargo gone

I would, absolute difference maker at this level. Maybe you can say he's a bit of a mercenary, but club would get back what they paid I imagine if he moved on after a year or two and can't imagine Bournemouth would be wanting a massive fee for him.

Luke Armstrong’s transfer from Harrogate to Wrexham has fallen through due to the paperwork not being submitted on time.

Odd considering all the paperwork was completed weeks ago.

Must just be for some added drama in the documentary.

Just to clarify once again, I knew from a players father ( my mate ) of the nuances of a actual transfer fee involving Burton Albion ( signed a full six weeks before the club announced it), if you know of any professional footballers transfer deals then I’d be interested to hear your view. If you think multi million pound deals are finalised over a day or two then you’re delusional. I’ve given you examples which you have ignored.

The usual suspects are keen to ridicule and seem to think they know better than others, some of the replies are hilarious .