+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Will we get any MOORE?

Re: Will we get any MOORE?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Just to clarify once again, I knew from a players father ( my mate ) of the nuances of a actual transfer fee involving Burton Albion ( signed a full six weeks before the club announced it), if you know of any professional footballers transfer deals then I’d be interested to hear your view. If you think multi million pound deals are finalised over a day or two then you’re delusional. I’ve given you examples which you have ignored.

The usual suspects are keen to ridicule and seem to think they know better than others, some of the replies are hilarious .

Keyboarders > ridicule > I know better > personal digs,> insults, oh the ageing warriors live on .

The usual suspects are keen to ridicule and seem to think they know better than others, some of the replies are hilarious .
    To be fair, nobody’s contributions in this thread are even remotely close to being as funny as yours. CCMB comedy gold right here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    To be fair, nobody’s contributions in this thread are even remotely close to being as funny as yours. CCMB comedy gold right here.
    So do you think the example in respect of the Burton Albion deal is comedy gold? Do you know any pro footballers ? It happens all the time the deals are started weeks in advance not on “deadline day”, alobviously there are a few exceptions.

Was you actually surprised when it was announced we had signed Panzo then, as I thought it was obvious as his name was mentioned ages ago in the Nottinghamshire press circles about him being linked here. They have to find schools for their kids , accommodation etc.

Mark Hudson knew he was being appointed here weeks before it was officially revealed, the club even giving the family time to book a last minute holiday before he started work.

It happens all the time the deals are started weeks in advance not on “deadline day”, alobviously there are a few exceptions.
    I know that. I’m pretty sure we all know that. But that’s not what you’ve been claiming throughout this thread. Do you actually read your own contributions?

I know that. I’m pretty sure we all know that. But that’s not what you’ve been claiming throughout this thread. Do you actually read your own contributions?
    Yes , do you?

If you can offer a balanced counter argument then I’m happy to hear it , and as I say , and will continue to say it , most transfers are done weeks in advance, that’s why I offered you actual evidence. Why do you think we get linked with players so early ?

The only time they usually come out as a “deadline day” coup is when the media have been kept at bay, so it appears to the masses a surprise.

Even Paul Abbodanato has been sworn to secrecy over possible signings.

Another one which was kept under wraps for weeks was the Earnshaw signing for West Brom. It was know by many he was going ( completed ) there weeks before it was officially announced.

Moderators, why has this thread been moved to the alternative forum?

Yes , do you?
    I do indeed.

Your opening claim in this thread was:

"These deals are done weeks in advance, if Moore is coming it’s already been done."

When asked why deals would have been done weeks ago but only revealed on deadline day, you replied with the comical line:

"Why do you think, it's all part of the drama."

You went on to say:

"Panzo was unveiled this morning but is already in Ipswich and has had his initiation. Probably done weeks ago."

Then you boldly claimed:

"The majority of these transactions are done weeks in advance. Most of the 'rumours' tend to come true."

You later stated:

"If you think multi million pound deals are finalised over a day or two then you’re delusional."

Here's the thing: transfer deals sometimes takes months, sometimes weeks, sometimes days, sometimes hours. It's the way the football business works and the way it's worked for decades. I thought every fan knew that, but perhaps not.

The notion that any deals are completed weeks in advance but only announced on deadline day for dramatic purposes is quite frankly idiotic.

You said the Panzo deal was "probably done weeks ago." Had it been done weeks ago, Panzo would have made his Cardiff City debut weeks ago, as was the case with his fellow loanees Ugbo, Bowler and Grant. Instead, Bulut was reduced to naming the useless Simpson in the squads for the games against Leeds, Cochester, QPR and Leicester, because Panzo was still a Forest player at that stage.

According to press reports, the Panzo deal was completed on Thursday evening, which makes perfect sense. He was consequently unveiled as a Bluebird on Friday morning and played for the team on Saturday afternoon.

City had been linked with Panzo for a while, but he, his agent and his parent club apparently (and unsurprisingly) had other options on the table. Therefore, the negotiations took a while before he eventually chose Cardiff City the day before the deadline. Surely that's not too difficult to understand?

Your suggestion that "most of the rumours tend to come true" is utter nonsense. If that was the case, City would have a squad of around sixty players at the moment including the likes of Joe Bryan, Tayo Edun, Jesuran Rak-Sakyi, Ruben Rodrigues, Theo Walcott, Dylan Levitt, Danny Batth, Chidera Ejuke and God knows how many Greek and Turkish players.

Not sure if you're aware of this, but City were strongly rumoured to be signing Gareth Bale last year and Kieffer Moore this year. Guess what? Neither of those rumours came to fruition. Weird, huh?

Multi-million pound deals are indeed finalised over a day or two. Sometimes an hour or two. Sometimes less. Negotiations may go on for days or weeks or even months, but deals are eventually finalised within a short period of time. Obviously. If you think otherwise, you're delusional.

Some of your claims in this thread have been bonkers, but it appears you harbour some fairly offbeat opinions about pretty much everything. Keep up the good work though, reading your stuff is almost always amusing.

It's the kind of thread that a claim that someone had a chat with Alex Smithies and as result knew that he was off to Leicester weeks in advance almost seems unremarkable.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    It's the kind of thread that a claim that someone had a chat with Alex Smithies and as result knew that he was off to Leicester weeks in advance almost seems unremarkable.
    Two things are remarkable to me:

1) That this thread has ended up on the alternative forum for no apparent reason.

2) That Smithies hasn't played a single minute in any competition for Leicester since his move there and he now appears to be their fourth or even fifth-choice keeper.

TWGL1's weird ramblings aren't remarkable, they're pretty much par for the course.

Just checked. Smithies' last game for anyone:

02/04/2022: Cardiff City 0 Swansea City 4

Two things are remarkable to me:

1) That this thread has ended up on the alternative forum for no apparent reason.

2) That Smithies hasn't played a single minute in any competition for Leicester since his move there and he now appears to be their fourth or even fifth-choice keeper.

TWGL1's weird ramblings aren't remarkable, they're pretty much par for the course.

What is remarkable is that two weeks before joining Leicester, Smithies had started training with Bournemouth yet somehow he let the cat out of the bag to a random stranger of his intentions sometime before that!

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...light=smithies

What is remarkable is that two weeks before joining Leicester, Smithies had started training with Bournemouth yet somehow he let the cat out of the bag to a random stranger of his intentions sometime before that!

It's also remarkable that some random story about an unnamed Burton Albion player was somehow considered to provide definitive proof of how all professional football transfer deals work.

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...light=smithies
    So ,with everything posted , you have picked up an anomaly and even bothered to spend the time picking up an historic thread , wow , just wow.

The info smithies gave was first hand , but good try ( again )

Perhaps you should offer your own personal view as you have already received a warning from the Mods in respect of trolling certain posters have you not ?

It's also remarkable that some random story about an unnamed Burton Albion player was somehow considered to provide definitive proof of how all professional football transfer deals work.
    Random Burton Albion player whose father is a personal friend , come on now.

Why don’t you offer an alternative view as well as so far I’ve yet to see one.

Random Burton Albion player whose father is a personal friend , come on now.

Why don’t you offer an alternative view as well as so far I’ve yet to see one.
    Have a gander a little bit further up the thread.

I do indeed.

Your opening claim in this thread was:

"These deals are done weeks in advance, if Moore is coming it’s already been done."

When asked why deals would have been done weeks ago but only revealed on deadline day, you replied with the comical line:

"Why do you think, it's all part of the drama."

You went on to say:

"Panzo was unveiled this morning but is already in Ipswich and has had his initiation. Probably done weeks ago."

Then you boldly claimed:

"The majority of these transactions are done weeks in advance. Most of the 'rumours' tend to come true."

You later stated:

"If you think multi million pound deals are finalised over a day or two then you’re delusional."

Here's the thing: transfer deals sometimes takes months, sometimes weeks, sometimes days, sometimes hours. It's the way the football business works and the way it's worked for decades. I thought every fan knew that, but perhaps not.

The notion that any deals are completed weeks in advance but only announced on deadline day for dramatic purposes is quite frankly idiotic.

You said the Panzo deal was "probably done weeks ago." Had it been done weeks ago, Panzo would have made his Cardiff City debut weeks ago, as was the case with his fellow loanees Ugbo, Bowler and Grant. Instead, Bulut was reduced to naming the useless Simpson in the squads for the games against Leeds, Cochester, QPR and Leicester, because Panzo was still a Forest player at that stage.

According to press reports, the Panzo deal was completed on Thursday evening, which makes perfect sense. He was consequently unveiled as a Bluebird on Friday morning and played for the team on Saturday afternoon.

City had been linked with Panzo for a while, but he, his agent and his parent club apparently (and unsurprisingly) had other options on the table. Therefore, the negotiations took a while before he eventually chose Cardiff City the day before the deadline. Surely that's not too difficult to understand?

Your suggestion that "most of the rumours tend to come true" is utter nonsense. If that was the case, City would have a squad of around sixty players at the moment including the likes of Joe Bryan, Tayo Edun, Jesuran Rak-Sakyi, Ruben Rodrigues, Theo Walcott, Dylan Levitt, Danny Batth, Chidera Ejuke and God knows how many Greek and Turkish players.

Not sure if you're aware of this, but City were strongly rumoured to be signing Gareth Bale last year and Kieffer Moore this year. Guess what? Neither of those rumours came to fruition. Weird, huh?

Multi-million pound deals are indeed finalised over a day or two. Sometimes an hour or two. Sometimes less. Negotiations may go on for days or weeks or even months, but deals are eventually finalised within a short period of time. Obviously. If you think otherwise, you're delusional.

Some of your claims in this thread have been bonkers, but it appears you harbour some fairly offbeat opinions about pretty much everything. Keep up the good work though, reading your stuff is almost always amusing.
    Off beat stuff that 50/60/70 year olds don’t agree with on a football messageboard,that’s part of the course on here isn’t it ?

Didn’t you try and make an argument regarding the fact that Sam Hammam made no money out of Cardiff ? That was incredible and up there with the best

Blah blah blah
    So, any observations on the points I raised?

Didn’t you try and make an argument regarding the fact that Sam Hammam made no money out of Cardiff ?
    No, I didn't. I've no idea if he made any money out of CCFC or not. The evidence in the audited accounts is unclear to say the least. However, what I did do was point out that he didn't sell CCFC for £24 million as you claimed.

So, any observations on the points I raised?
    You have made some good points but from what I know I stand by my view from what I’ve been told from people within football , although there is always an exception.

You have made some good points but from what I know I stand by my view from what I’ve been told from people within football , although there is always an exception.
    So are you maintaining that 'people within football' have told you that transfer deals are concluded weeks in advance of transfer deadline day but not announced until then for dramatic purposes, or have you changed your mind?

So are you maintaining that 'people within football' have told you that transfer deals are concluded weeks in advance of transfer deadline day but not announced until then for dramatic purposes, or have you changed your mind?
    I stand by what I’ve been told ,that most transfers are concluded “weeks” before the PR team are notified. With regards to the players linked ( like the ones you have mentioned above ) that’s probably a result of a person “in the know” being given false information and giving it to the press.

Most deals are not “done”in a few days.

Here you go

https://talksport.com/football/13136...ue-done-deals/

I stand by what I’ve been told ,that most transfers are concluded “weeks” before the PR team are notified.
    What PR team? The club's PR team?

What PR team? The club's PR team?
    Here you go, another item for you to consider, football medicals alone can take 3 days, so that in itself speaks volumes,I had already mentioned this process but it was ignored.

Football medicals are an exhaustive process to ensure the club is spending wisely on a new investment and can take up to three days to complete. But in an era where transfer fees can reach up to and over £100m, it’s perhaps understandable every effort is made to ensure all that cash isn’t spent on a player who will cost the club in the long run for health reasons.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zrmbmfr

Waffle, waffle, waffle.
    Instead of going off on different tangents, have a go at answering these two simple questions, which you swerved:

1) Are you still maintaining that transfer deals are concluded weeks in advance of transfer deadline day but not announced until then for dramatic purposes?

1) When you claim "most transfers are concluded weeks before the PR team are notified" are you talking about the club's PR team?

Instead of going off on different tangents, have a go at answering these two simple questions, which you swerved:

1) Are you still maintaining that transfer deals are concluded weeks in advance of transfer deadline day but not announced until then for dramatic purposes?

1) When you claim "most transfers are concluded weeks before the PR team are notified" are you talking about the club's PR team?
    There is nothing more to say really is there ,ultimately most deals are done weeks before they are announced, which was the original point.

The links posted might help I thought ,it’s ok to have a different opinion though and if you can source some alternatives then that would be super.