+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Not careless, or unlucky, or unfortunate

Re: Not careless, or unlucky, or unfortunate

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There’s patience though and then there’s ignoring the bleeding obvious. No side can hope to prosper or even improve if they are going to be throwing away two goal leads in close to half of their natches.
    I don’t disagree they need to improve defensively but you’d swear by this thread we were 15 games in and it was happening every week. One of the games was Leeds, it was unfortunate to lose a two goal lead but let’s be honest they shouldn’t have been two nil up. We’re scoring goals, there’s some real positives. They’ve got to have time to settle and I personally think they will come good given some time

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    I don’t disagree they need to improve defensively but you’d swear by this thread we were 15 games in and it was happening every week. One of the games was Leeds, it was unfortunate to lose a two goal lead but let’s be honest they shouldn’t have been two nil up. We’re scoring goals, there’s some real positives. They’ve got to have time to settle and I personally think they will come good given some time
    Well it IS happening nearly every week. And that is the problem…..

I actually agree though that there are lots of positives and think that we are much better placed than last year and dare I say it, could do reasonably well.

But not by giving up two goal leads frequently. That is amateur league football.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Just to confirm, we weren't better than them today. We just happened to be 2-0 up.
    There’s a significant difference between being the better team, which most reports suggest City were for an hour, and being ‘far better than them today.’

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Well it IS happening nearly every week. And that is the problem…..

I actually agree though that there are lots of positives and think that we are much better placed than last year and dare I say it, could do reasonably well.

But not by giving up two goal leads frequently. That is amateur league football.
    Maybe it's a slow wake up call for our manager. Championship football is tough, and too see out a win needs strong, resilient teamwork.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Maybe it's a slow wake up call for our manager. Championship football is tough, and too see out a win needs strong, resilient teamwork.
    I agree.

I would still expect more from the players though to avoid this happening repeatedly. But let’s see and fingers crossed the JBs will be the victims of our manager’s new found knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    This is one where you've got every reason to be pissed off. We got ourselves into a fantastic position and we couldn't manage it. Ipswich were forced into turning the screw, what did we expect them to do, yet we allowed it to happen. Didn't see the game Bob, was it poor defending?
    The players should take some blame but not at the expense of Balut receiving a “get out of jail card”.
    Some of the substitutions were badly timed and the players that were brought off/on messed up the balance of the side.
    Again, we go in front and try to increase the number of defenders to try to see the game out (with over 30 minutes to go).
    We caused the game to become a “rorkes drift” back against the wall as we had no forward players to hold the ball and take the pressure off the defence.
    Everything was going so well - why the changes ?
    Balut needs to reflect. His inexperience showed through yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Clearly the defence needs a shake up

To throw away a two goal league is unacceptable

It happens , even to good sides but its poor tactics
    Good points. A counter attacking/transition team is built on a solid and experienced defence. Look at West Ham under Moyes.

Runnarsson didn't have a great game and Goutas is not convincing. But it's early days for both.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    There’s a significant difference between being the better team, which most reports suggest City were for an hour, and being ‘far better than them today.’
    Your umbrage is with my use of the word “far”?

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    The players should take some blame but not at the expense of Balut receiving a “get out of jail card”.
    Some of the substitutions were badly timed and the players that were brought off/on messed up the balance of the side.
    Again, we go in front and try to increase the number of defenders to try to see the game out (with over 30 minutes to go).
    We caused the game to become a “rorkes drift” back against the wall as we had no forward players to hold the ball and take the pressure off the defence.
    Everything was going so well - why the changes ?
    Balut needs to reflect. His inexperience showed through yesterday
    Yup, i've said on a number of occasions that Bulut should be held accountable, and he will be, no matter what he says about players, performance etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Your umbrage is with my use of the word “far”?
    I don’t have any umbrage with your claim. You can say whatever you want as far as I’m concerned. Your view just doesn’t seem to reflect the reality of the game if the stats, the highlights and every other report I’ve read or heard are anything to go by.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    But we have 1 point not 6! That is exactly the point. This is not bad luck. It is a trend. It happening maybe once a season could be deemed unfortunate but 3 times in 7 games……only the most data illiterate person won’t be able to see that this isn’t bad luck or carelessness.
    I never said it was.