Just paranoid tosh, methinks.
    Stated publicly by Mehmet Dalman

Re: Anti English chanting mentioned on Call Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Stated publicly by Mehmet Dalman
    It's definitely paranoid tosh then

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    We had just lost 3-2 having been 2-0 up.
    The phone in should be relevant to that, the transfer business etc.
    Don't know why it was so relevant yesterday from that bloke?
    I don't think they get many calls, we have sodding Ann from Caerphilly every week after all, so anything about the clubs is welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Sounds like some of our lot were threatening Ipswich fans on the way back to the station

It wouldn't have been a surprise with Bristol , Stoke , etc

But Ipswich ?

Long journey, plenty of drinking time

Sounds like some of our lot were threatening Ipswich fans on the way back to the station

It wouldn't have been a surprise with Bristol , Stoke , etc

But Ipswich ?
    Not saying it didn't happen and I can imagine one or two were piissed up and piissed off enough to start acting like arses but on the walk back to my car, which was also the location for the City coaches it seemed all quite sedate? Both sets of fans mixing without any moither as far as I could see? I didn't think there were any trains operating on Saturday due to line works and a strike?

Ipswich's family stand contained some beauties mind. Dearie God, they were like a mass lab experiment.

Ipswich is a proper one club, football town, their support were very visible and match days obviously generates income for local businesses. Ipswich fans I spoke to pre and post game were great,one advised where to head off to, we had a good yap about Ipswich in the 70s and respective club owners. I arrived there around 11ish with my lad to have a look around and grab some food.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Not saying it didn't happen and I can imagine one or two were piissed up and piissed off enough to start acting like arses but on the walk back to my car, which was also the location for the City coaches it seemed all quite sedate? Both sets of fans mixing without any moither as far as I could see? I didn't think there were any trains operating on Saturday due to line works and a strike?

Ipswich's family stand contained some beauties mind. Dearie God, they were like a mass lab experiment.

Ipswich is a proper one club, football town, their support were very visible and match days obviously generates income for local businesses. Ipswich fans I spoke to pre and post game were great,one advised where to head off to, we had a good yap about Ipswich in the 70s and respective club owners. I arrived there around 11ish with my lad to have a look around and grab some food.
    It was on the main Ipswich Town forum

It was on the main Ipswich Town forum
    Saw one City fan getting spoke to by Heddlu but they walked him back to the coaches. They were obviously well acquainted and it looked like a piissed off father (copper) admonishing his dopey son. Not sure what brought it on but perhaps that was the incident(s)?

Both sets of support were allowed to leave the stadium the same time. Progress isn't it?

City will always have one or two beauts as do every other club.

Saw one City fan getting spoke to by Heddlu but they walked him back to the coaches. They were obviously well acquainted and it looked like a piissed off father (copper) admonishing his dopey son. Not sure what brought it on but perhaps that was the incident(s)?

Both sets of support were allowed to leave the stadium the same time. Progress isn't it?

As I said reports of unruly and threatening behaviour after the game

It's definitely paranoid tosh then
    The presence of Ridsdale on the EFL Board is not helpful to the Cardiff City cause

International

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Modern football? ....as I’ve alluded to, I want to go back to the likes of the chants and songs we sang thirty/forty odd years ago, ones that supported the side, included players names etc rather than anti English and anti Swansea songs on repeat. The Cardiff youth of my day were so much more inventive and talented in their field than today’s lot who think a paedophile song is the type of thing that gees the side up. Surely you can see that???
    We used to sing about going home in an ambulance and outside it's a massacre too.

As for the anti English, most are just childish really but bound to happen after being called sheepies for years.

As I said reports of unruly and threatening behaviour after the game
    Not like you to exaggerate hey Slugs.

I mean, Jordi was there in person and had told you twice there was no bother, but as usual you know best from the safety of your arm chair.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Not like you to exaggerate hey Slugs.

I mean, Jordi was there in person and had told you twice there was no bother, but as usual you know best from the safety of your arm chair.
    I am not taking his word for it when locals were saying there were lary away supporters on their forum

Why would they exaggerate?

I reckon we should charge you lot to come on here

I am not taking his word for it when locals were saying there were lary away supporters on their forum

"We"? Own the forum with Mike now do ewe?

Why would Jordi lie? He is a 50 year old man there with his young son.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/565528/...fans-today/#85

Looks like the bloke walking back to the station saw the same "incident" you did. A lary fan mentioned by a local. Not a plural in sight!

Interesting that the anti-English content of our songbook sounds as boring to home fans as it does to a number here though.

Did you actually read what I posted?

As for not taking my word, fair enough although you are taking the word of another unknown poster from a similar forum?

Ironic.

For you again.

One lad (arse) getting spoken to by a South Wales copper, probably for acting like a dick? Said copper was giving said arse a telling off and words of advice. Said arse had been pulled previously for previous arsey antics, I overheard the conversation. I didn't see an arrest, said copper walked said arse back to the coaches.

I'm assuming if he was threatening Ipswich supporters he'd have been pulled? It looked decent coppering.

I've not heard of any groups of lads going looking for it in Ipswich on Saturday, which your initial post on this subject infers?

Ipswich and City fans both allowed to leave the stadium the same time. Not exactly Millwall away this one Sludge.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post

Looks like the bloke walking back to the station saw the same "incident" you did. A lary fan mentioned by a local. Not a plural in sight!

Interesting that the anti-English content of our songbook sounds as boring to home fans as it does to a number here though.
    Not like Sludge to try and blow things out of proportion. It hardly sounds like Swansea away in the 1991 FA Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post

I'd be surprised if it wasn't the same lad.

The lad was known to Heddlu but I'll give it to the boys in blue, they appeared to isolate him and walk him back to the coaches.

No drama really.

Every club still has one or two living the life of Green Street.

I'll go as far to say within the City contingent there was any noticeable group of lads looking with intent, for any moither?

The anti English chanting has always been crap really. Singing the national anthem is a strange one for me too. When hearing and seeing English teams singing their national ditty it makes me wonder how small minded they are. I think the same about City fans.

National anthem for Wales games only, in my humble opinion.

"We"? Own the forum with Mike now do ewe?

Why would Jordi lie? He is a 50 year old man there with his young son.
    You lot

Part time outsiders

Woolybacks

Did you actually read what I posted?

As for not taking my word, fair enough although you are taking the word of another unknown poster from a similar forum?

Ironic.

For you again.

One lad (arse) getting spoken to by a South Wales copper, probably for acting like a dick? Said copper was giving said arse a telling off and words of advice. Said arse had been pulled previously for previous arsey antics, I overheard the conversation. I didn't see an arrest, said copper walked said arse back to the coaches.

I'm assuming if he was threatening Ipswich supporters he'd have been pulled? It looked decent coppering.

I've not heard of any groups of lads going looking for it in Ipswich on Saturday, which your initial post on this subject infers?

Ipswich and City fans both allowed to leave the stadium the same time. Not exactly Millwall away this one Sludge.
    I very rarely read your posts

Not like Sludge to try and blow things out of proportion. It hardly sounds like Swansea away in the 1991 FA Cup.
    I bet you found that day very exciting

Big outing

Then home to mam for tea

Lovely

You lot

Part time outsiders

Woolybacks
    Sludge using scouse vocabulary.

Apt for a Liverpool fan.

I very rarely read your posts
    *laughing*

I don't blame you.

I bet you found that day very exciting

Big outing

Then home to mam for tea

Lovely
    Where did you hide when Cardiff were running amok up the quadrant? Did you find a Mothercare?

You lot

Part time outsiders

Woolybacks
    Outsiders? Merthyr is closer to Cardiff than Neath you whopper.

Where did you hide when Cardiff were running amok up the quadrant? Did you find a Mothercare?
    We were in the King's

Chatting to the locals