+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 7 games in a row from the start of a season where both sides have scored

7 games in a row from the start of a season where both sides have scored

I know lots of you have been wondering about this very thing, I've received almost 193 messages this evening about the very subject.

Anyway, it's only the second time in our history where we've scored and conceded in all of our opening 7 games of a season. We have a little way to go to break the record, set at the start of the 1967/68 season where we went 11 games with both teams scoring. The club record is 13 consecutive games where both sides have scored, set when TOBW was a toddler, from October to December 1932.

Re: 7 games in a row from the start of a season where both sides have scored

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I know lots of you have been wondering about this very thing, I've received almost 193 messages this evening about the very subject.

Anyway, it's only the second time in our history where we've scored and conceded in all of our opening 7 games of a season. We have a little way to go to break the record, set at the start of the 1967/68 season where we went 11 games with both teams scoring. The club record is 13 consecutive games where both sides have scored, set when TOBW was a toddler, from October to December 1932.
    If I remember rightly, far more of those goals in 1967 were in our net than our opponents - I’m treating your closing comment with the contempt it deserves

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If I remember rightly, far more of those goals in 1967 were in our net than our opponents - I’m treating your closing comment with the contempt it deserves
    25 conceded, 20 scored, mainly due to a 5-1 home drubbing by Derby. I hadn't spotted a typo, either. It should read 12 games, not 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    25 conceded, 20 scored, mainly due to a 5-1 home drubbing by Derby. I hadn't spotted a typo, either. It should read 12 games, not 11.
    I was there for that 5-1 drubbing but for me it was the comment that Cloughie made some time after the game that sticks in my mind. He must have been asked a question about our manager at the time and he responded with, "He's a hard man Jimmy Scoular, he had me pinned against the dressing room wall when we beat them 5-1 down at their place".