+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Strikers still available

Strikers still available

Lyle Taylor, Chris Martin, Uche Ikpeazu (not sure if gone to Wycombe), Connor Wickham, Andre Gray.

Andre Gray maybe a decent shout.

Re: Strikers still available

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Lyle Taylor, Chris Martin, Uche Ikpeazu (not sure if gone to Wycombe), Connor Wickham, Andre Gray.

Andre Gray maybe a decent shout.
    I'm not sure any of them are any better than our current options.

He's an interesting option currently without a club....Alfredo Morelos!!

Gray at 32 seems to be the "pick" of that bunch, 15 goals in 59 games at Champ level over the last three seasons, 8 in 32 appearances in Greece last season - I guess Bulut would have a good idea if that is a decent return.
    Lyle Taylor is 33 with 12 goals in 71 games at Champ level over the last three seasons.
    Chris Martin is 34 with 19 goals in 102 games at Champ level over the last three seasons.
    Uche is 28 with 5 goals in 38 games at Champ level over the last three seasons, but played 15 in Turkey last season without scoring.
    Connor Wickham is 30 with 1 goal in 12 games at Champ level over the last three seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    I'm not sure any of them are any better than our current options.

He's an interesting option currently without a club....Alfredo Morelos!!
    He's probably going to want a long contract and a decent payday. He's probably good for about 10-15 goals though.

wonder if any of these would give a rteurn than say a home grown talent....aka Cian Ashford...

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    wonder if any of these would give a rteurn than say a home grown talent....aka Cian Ashford...
    Good point, we have plenty of numbers. I'd rather we kept our powder dry until January and then buy some real quality rather than take a has-been now as on a free.

Ashford will in the future play the inside left role or No.10. But I'm not sure Bulut is going to bother with young players, although he is giving Tanner a chance.

If we need to add surely it's in defense still and maybe another solid option as a holding midfielder rather than a striker based on the evidence yesterday?

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

I’m sure there’s a possibility that a Turkish or Greek striker could be on the cards given Erols responses about Keiffer

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    I’m sure there’s a possibility that a Turkish or Greek striker could be on the cards given Erols responses about Keiffer
    What did he say about Keiffer - I missed that