+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rubin Colwill and Charlie Crew.

Rubin Colwill and Charlie Crew.

Trained with the senior Welsh squad yesterday apparently - given our midfield issues, I can see Crew being fast tracked into the squad pretty quickly, wouldn't be surprised if he has a full cap by the end of the season.

Re: Rubin Colwill and Charlie Crew.

Glad to see Colwill in. I admit ive never heard of Crew the same as ive never seen that youngster at Fulham. (in fact id never heard of him apart from on this forum)

Should our National team really be calling up players who have barely kicked a ball in senior football?

Despite only having just turned 17 Crew has moved on from the Leeds U18s and played a number of times for their U21s. He must be some prospect

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

Should our National team really be calling up players who have barely kicked a ball in senior football?
    Yes. Particularly for friendlies.

Glad to see Colwill in. I admit ive never heard of Crew the same as ive never seen that youngster at Fulham. (in fact id never heard of him apart from on this forum)

Crew is one of three City Academy players we’ve lost to bigger clubs in the past fifteen months or so under rules which favour those with the most resources. For me, he was Wales’ best player in the under 17 Euros a few months ago and I would have thought Rob Page is desperate for some teenage central midfielders coming through who he can add to the senior squad - I’d say Crew fits that bill better than most at the moment.

Crew is in the u21s

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Yes. Particularly for friendlies.
    I agree. Strictly friendlies though. I'll happy take a loss in a friendly if it means that the kids get minutes.

They've probably heard about England's approach

Lost interest in the academy team.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Trained with the senior Welsh squad yesterday apparently - given our midfield issues, I can see Crew being fast tracked into the squad pretty quickly, wouldn't be surprised if he has a full cap by the end of the season.
    Hopefully he's committed to Wales and hasn't had his head turned by the recent advances.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    They've probably heard about England's approach
    What approach is that? play players who never play for their club over the in-form players in their position?

An approach to join England's age grade setup