+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jordan Henderson Interview

Jordan Henderson Interview

https://theathletic.com/4831793/2023...shared_article

Personally I think he’d have been better off not doing it. Doesn’t come across very intelligently

Apologies for those that can’t open it (couldn’t figure out a way to copy/paste on my phone)

Re: Jordan Henderson Interview

I've seen the summary and he's come across as a right cock.

Absolute idiot and would've been better off fading into the background

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I've seen the summary and he's come across as a right cock.
    I read the whole thing and I don't think he does. He's obviously made a poor decision in terms of people's perception of him and he may come to regret it later. I also think he's made a mistake in thinking or claiming at least that it will help prolong his England career. But his justification of his actions is no more than I'd expect from anyone else. He's hardly going to say that his moral compass has been bought off is he?

Why can't they just say I've gone for the absolutely ridiculous wages.

Not many would turn it down.

Just be honest. I don't think Jordan Henderson is going to be able to instigate much change over there to be honest.

Let's not pretend the Premier league isn't rotten

It's just more acceptable than what's going on over there

International

He didn't do it for the money

Obviously got the same PR company advising as the Spanish FA - make your half a billion and keep your head down, why on earth is that so hard to do?

Statement coming out by end of day that he was misquoted/taken out of context I reckon.

Whilst saying the money was too good to turn down may be the honest answer, it probably wouldn’t go down well over there where he has told everyone he wants to build up their football pedigree.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I read the whole thing and I don't think he does. He's obviously made a poor decision in terms of people's perception of him and he may come to regret it later. I also think he's made a mistake in thinking or claiming at least that it will help prolong his England career. But his justification of his actions is no more than I'd expect from anyone else. He's hardly going to say that his moral compass has been bought off is he?
    Thought he come across ok. As well as could be expected in the circumstances. Like he says, hes 1 man, hes not politcian, their culture is not his cross to bear. Swear he was the British Prime Minister the flak hes getting.

People saying why has he said anything? its because pressure was building from these groups for him to come out and explain himself. He didnt have to but kudos to him for fronting up.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    [url]

Doesn’t come across very intelligently
    The guy is and always has been gormless as **** ...the mistake was ever thinking otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Thought he come across ok. As well as could be expected in the circumstances. Like he says, hes 1 man, hes not politcian, their culture is not his cross to bear. Swear he was the British Prime Minister the flak hes getting.

People saying why has he said anything? its because pressure was building from these groups for him to come out and explain himself. He didnt have to but kudos to him for fronting up.
    It's just the same rehashed nonsense as the rest of them though. I'd have more respect if he said 'money' when asked, rather than all this bollocks about growing the league etc.

He trotted out the Migrants he met in Qatar were very happy, thick as pig shit

Quote Originally Posted by TheBirchgrovePub View Post
    He trotted out the Migrants he met in Qatar were very happy, thick as pig shit
    Apart from the ones who fell to their deaths on construction sites

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    It's just the same rehashed nonsense as the rest of them though. I'd have more respect if he said 'money' when asked, rather than all this bollocks about growing the league etc.
    Exactly. Must admit mind that I didn’t bother reading it because I’m sure it would have turned my stomach, there wasn’t any of that bollox about it being a short career was there?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Exactly Shameful interview. Even brought out the I have gay friends for a full house on the cliche bingo

45 deaths in the UK construction industry last year, falls from height still the biggest killer

show me the money

Not read the interview but the CCMB god squad negates the need to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    45 deaths in the UK construction industry last year, falls from height still the biggest killer
    One at Evertons new ground recently. I wonder if the CCMB Kangaroo court will quick to chastise any of the new Everton signings this summer.

One at Evertons new ground recently. I wonder if the CCMB Kangaroo court will quick to chastise any of the new Everton signings this summer.
    You are missing the point by a country mile

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    It's bad but how many do you think happen in some of those gulf states

And that's just slave indian labour

You are missing the point by a country mile
    Incredible how thick some people can be isn’t it

Quote Originally Posted by TheBirchgrovePub View Post
    Incredible how thick some people can be isn’t it
    It's too hot to debate the matter

He knew exactly how much he was getting and what to say

The argument that well he's a working class boy and if someone offered you that much money you would take is not only incorrect , it's irrelevant

It's too hot to debate the matter

He knew exactly how much he was getting and what to say

The argument that well he's a working class boy and if someone offered you that much money you would take is not only incorrect , it's irrelevant
    I was on about JRHartleys quip about Everton. The lad is thick as mince