+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Attendance for the jacks game

International

Re: Attendance for the jacks game

Quote Originally Posted by Stickler1927 View Post
    No it's been 11 am or 12 midday for years , only recently have we earned a 3pm that's why this
    1945 is pure madness but for sky
    Because of the bubbles, there haven't been any face-to-face trouble, this time I think there will be a lot more stuff thrown from the Swansea fans as that's all they can do, as long as they are searched for stones and anything dangerous, but I wouldn't take young kids near them on the family stand, just in case.

FairPlay gunman I stand corrected

International

Still, 19:45 on a Saturday will be a different level I think, both sets of fans love a drink and we'll have all day to go on it!

It should be the liveliest for a long while, if we win the ground is going to be rocking.

The return game at the Liberty Stadium in 2014 (in the Premier League) kicked off at 5:30pm for Sky. I can remember suggestions at the time that it would be a problem, but other than City getting stuffed 3-0 I don’t recall anything significant happening.

The red seats at the stadium never seem to be full at all...is that down to poor turn out or people that dont want to sit in the red seats ?

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    The red seats at the stadium never seem to be full at all...is that down to poor turn out or people that dont want to sit in the red seats ?
    If we were top of the table and playing Swansea city in a promotion game the seats would all be sold

I would prefer it if the ground had a 28 k capacity that we would regularly sell out than the red seats which are plain daft and a white or red elephant

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    It was pretty full for our game vs Chelski (THAT offside goal! )

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    The return game at the Liberty Stadium in 2014 (in the Premier League) kicked off at 5:30pm for Sky. I can remember suggestions at the time that it would be a problem, but other than City getting stuffed 3-0 I don’t recall anything significant happening.
    Personally that was a day to forget

Apart from the bizarre team selection and the 3 zip defeat (Monks first game maybe as manager) I live just outside neath so had to travel up to Cardiff to get on a bus to come back and be held for what seems ages on an rvp point and then after the game the M4 was closed so had to go over the heads of the valleys which seemed to take for ever

Met the wives in Cardiff who had been on all dayer as I think it might have been Shane Williams testimonial - stone cold sober and not in the best of moods some guy collapses on us outside walkabout ask the bouncer for help they just laughed copper comes along and then the bouncers are all over it and I end up walking away on the threat of being arrested for telling the bouncer what a scum bag he was.

Bag of chips and home - I blame solksjaer (can't spell and won't look it up)

But apart from that ....

If anything I think any trouble won't be in the ground, but elsewhere with those who've travelled to Cardiff for a day out, with no intention of trying to go to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    If anything I think any trouble won't be in the ground, but elsewhere with those who've travelled to Cardiff for a day out, with no intention of trying to go to the game.
    This + people coming down to watch the rugby in pubs in Cardiff. I'm shocked the police allowed it to be the same day, never mind 7:45

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    This + people coming down to watch the rugby in pubs in Cardiff. I'm shocked the police allowed it to be the same day, never mind 7:45
    The game and ground will be fine. Maybe a lot of sick around but no trouble.

Any trouble will be normal Saturday night stuff that happens every Saturday. Just maybe slightly bigger scale due to the rugby.

The rugby is a nothing match v Portugal, it's not going to draw that many people out to watch in town.

Quote Originally Posted by nomad blue View Post
    The rugby is a nothing match v Portugal, it's not going to draw that many people out to watch in town.
    You are underestimating the Great Welsh public's affinity to egg chasing and alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    You are underestimating the Great Welsh public's affinity to egg chasing and alcohol.
    Your average daffodil hat wearing egg chaser won't be bothered in the slightest. Portugal aren't a big team.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    It's a good excuse for a booze up in Cardiff for many, it's bound to be much busier with a mix of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Your average daffodil hat wearing egg chaser won't be bothered in the slightest. Portugal aren't a big team.
    It's the World Cup, it's an excuse to go out.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    It's the World Cup, it's an excuse to go out.
    Absolutely

Your average egg chaser will be as interested in the Portugal game as the Fiji game. They won't know which is bigger and won't care but just depends which is timed best for a day on the p1ss.

Ironic this thread - having a dig at Welsh rugby fans coming out for the odd day at a time when our crowd will be swelled by a good few thousands because of who we are playing

Don't think either set of people are wrong in what they choose to spend their money on but interesting to hear "the debate" 😂😂

International

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Ironic this thread - having a dig at Welsh rugby fans coming out for the odd day at a time when our crowd will be swelled by a good few thousands because of who we are playing

Don't think either set of people are wrong in what they choose to spend their money on but interesting to hear "the debate" ����
    Your average p!ssed up once a year Cardiff fan won't mind, as long as there is all-day drinking and a sniff of trouble like the olden days they will be out in force

But who cares let's all have a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Your average p!ssed up once a year Cardiff fan won't mind, as long as there is all-day drinking and a sniff of trouble like the olden days they will be out in force

But who cares let's all have a great day!
    That's the point for me though is that I don't think it is just those looking for trouble same as it not just daffodil wearing people who come out for the rugby - they are attracted by the event or the game or both - there's nothing wrong with that

Anyway if they wanted trouble better off coming to a different game to the jack's as can't remember the last time there was a trouble at the match or around the grounds?

Strange no one mentions the cricket which has one man and it's dog at traditional 4 day club games but noone goes on about the masses that turn up for one day games or England matches and spend their time on the lash

I like all three sports and have been to big and small games in all three formats but if the city are on then this takes precedence. That's my choice doesn't make it right or wrong but it does annoy me when this board throws out generalities of who goes to what game and what their intentions are

That's the point for me though is that I don't think it is just those looking for trouble same as it not just daffodil wearing people who come out for the rugby - they are attracted by the event or the game or both - there's nothing wrong with that

Anyway if they wanted trouble better off coming to a different game to the jack's as can't remember the last time there was a trouble at the match or around the grounds?

Strange no one mentions the cricket which has one man and it's dog at traditional 4 day club games but noone goes on about the masses that turn up for one day games or England matches and spend their time on the lash

I like all three sports and have been to big and small games in all three formats but if the city are on then this takes precedence. That's my choice doesn't make it right or wrong but it does annoy me when this board throws out generalities of who goes to what game and what their intentions are
    The difference is that with regard to rugby it's a few games a season

People talk about watching .....the rugby .....did you see the rugby etc etc ......and they either watch it at home , go to the game or go into Cardiff to watch it

But that's it

So called rugby fans in Wales are big event fans to a far greater extent than football fans

Most of them wouldn't even know who Cardiff , Ospreys , Scarlets etc are playing most Saturdays never mind go and watch them

If Cardiff .....the side representing the capital city of a country that is supposedly mad on rugby .....get a crowd of 8000 it's a good gate

All sports fans love the big games but Welsh rugby fans are right up there for turning up a few times a season then vanishing

It's one of the reasons Welsh club rugby is in such a financial mess .

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

People talk about watching .....the rugby .....did you see the rugby etc etc ......and they either watch it at home , go to the game or go into Cardiff to watch it

But that's it

So called rugby fans in Wales are big event fans to a far greater extent than football fans

Most of them wouldn't even know who Cardiff , Ospreys , Scarlets etc are playing most Saturdays never mind go and watch them

If Cardiff .....the side representing the capital city of a country that is supposedly mad on rugby .....get a crowd of 8000 it's a good gate

All sports fans love the big games but Welsh rugby fans are right up there for turning up a few times a season then vanishing

That's not my point - my point is all sports have fair weather fans whether it is the national side or club side but to criticise them because they turn out at any point is wrong -

Lots of people on this board comment ad nauseum on all things CCFC but don't go to games - it doesn't make their opinion less valid cos they don't go to games

It's the judgemental aspect of this thread because some people only go to some games and not others or only support the national side and not a club side - I have north walian friends who from a distance support Liverpool and Everton etc but spend a fortune following Wales

And CCFC aren't in a financial mess - just saying like

That's not my point - my point is all sports have fair weather fans whether it is the national side or club side but to criticise them because they turn out at any point is wrong -

Lots of people on this board comment ad nauseum on all things CCFC but don't go to games - it doesn't make their opinion less valid cos they don't go to games

It's the judgemental aspect of this thread because some people only go to some games and not others or only support the national side and not a club side - I have north walian friends who from a distance support Liverpool and Everton etc but spend a fortune following Wales

And CCFC aren't in a financial mess - just saying like
    I am not being judgemental I am being factual

Did you mean CRFC are not in a financial mess ?

But that's it

Spot on.. it's an event, not a sport.

Backed up by the fact , pubs like the Vaults charge inflated event prices in plastic glasses

I am not being judgemental I am being factual

Did you mean CRFC are not in a financial mess ?
    No I meant "and CCFC aren't in a financial mess" as in they are!!