+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Build up for Derby game needs to change

Build up for Derby game needs to change

We always lately manage to get it so wrong it puts the advantage firmly with the jacks even thou we are home !! Does anyone personally know the PA announcer and is it his choice of songs .. we played
    Yma o hyd and they joined in .. mistake
    Last derby . Just can't get enough ( depeche mode)which they sing to piroe. We need personal songs to the capital city one by oasis contains the words , we need caravan of love to wind them up , we need bluebird reference songs .. sunshine after the rain by elkie brooks or the dance version in the 90s .. also if there manager decides to go on the pitch again and make a b line for the away end he must be stopped.. next Saturday needs to start differently to end differently.. At last !!!

Re: Build up for Derby game needs to change

Quote Originally Posted by Stickler1927 View Post
    We always lately manage to get it so wrong it puts the advantage firmly with the jacks even thou we are home !! Does anyone personally know the PA announcer and is it his choice of songs .. we played
    Last derby . Just can't get enough ( depeche mode)which they sing to piroe. We need personal songs to the capital city one by oasis contains the words , we need caravan of love to wind them up , we need bluebird reference songs .. sunshine after the rain by elkie brooks or the dance version in the 90s .. also if there manager decides to go on the pitch again and make a b line for the away end he must be stopped.. next Saturday needs to start differently to end differently.. At last !!!
    Ali would have it sorted

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Ali would have it sorted
    Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves.

Ali would have it sorted
    You’ve changed your tune Parker

Ali would have it sorted
    He would. Didn't he put the theme tune to Steptoe and Son on when we played West Ham? Plus his announcement for Man U fans heading home ...."accident on the M4 eastbound on your way back to London" or words to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    He would. Didn't he put the theme tune to Steptoe and Son on when we played West Ham? Plus his announcement for Man U fans heading home ...."accident on the M4 eastbound on your way back to London" or words to that effect.
    He was OK until he started speaking in Welsh..

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    I remembering him asking West Ham fans if anyone had a horse and cart that was blocking an entrance or something!

There’s never anything wrong with the pre match support. It’s after the ko it starts going pear shaped. No amount of singing is going to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    You’ve changed your tune Parker
    ? Ali didn’t play paedophile songs before Swansea games, in fact I don’t think we played them very often during his ‘reign’. But then again you just don’t get it, do you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    There’s never anything wrong with the pre match support. It’s after the ko it starts going pear shaped. No amount of singing is going to change that.
    Agree completely, but I suppose anything’s worth a try given the history of the fixture in recent years.

? Ali didn’t play paedophile songs before Swansea games, in fact I don’t think we played them very often during his ‘reign’. But then again you just don’t get it, do you.
    You can't have it both ways Parker - I agree the paedo song is bad taste but I suppose it's okay to call them gypo’s in your book, for me that's just a different branch of the same tree.

International

Agreed it's our home game to quash their fans as much as possible, give our fans something to laugh at them about, and get them up and ready to lift the team for battle.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Agreed it's our home game to quash their fans as much as possible, give our fans something to laugh at them about, and get them up and ready to lift the team for battle.
    Not going 1-0 down before half of the crowd have settled into their seats might help on that score.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I remembering him asking West Ham fans if anyone had a horse and cart that was blocking an entrance or something!
    Think that was the evening game?

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Think that was the evening game?
    it was

I'll be there is our song. Should always be the one we come on to.

You can't have it both ways Parker - I agree the paedo song is bad taste but I suppose it's okay to call them gypo’s in your book, for me that's just a different branch of the same tree.
    You still don’t get it, I’m all for our lot being moved to the Grange End, our spiritual home, all for banter, all for rivalry. I just think anti English songs are daft and anti Swansea songs when we’re not even playing them are plain stupid. Support the City I maintain, get the atmosphere going with pro Cardiff songs, actually get a bit of originality going. Other clubs have fans who think up and get new ditties going, our youngsters are permanently on repeat. We’ve, at away games, tried to get Oh When The Blues Go Marching In going but, unfortunately, when others latch on it becomes Oh England Is……. I despair!!

You still don’t get it, I’m all for our lot being moved to the Grange End, our spiritual home, all for banter, all for rivalry. I just think anti English songs are daft and anti Swansea songs when we’re not even playing them are plain stupid. Support the City I maintain, get the atmosphere going with pro Cardiff songs, actually get a bit of originality going. Other clubs have fans who think up and get new ditties going, our youngsters are permanently on repeat. We’ve, at away games, tried to get Oh When The Blues Go Marching In going but, unfortunately, when others latch on it becomes Oh England Is……. I despair!!
    I hear you Parker and agree with some of your thoughts - QPR sing anti- Chelsea & Cardiff songs every week it's part of their History so just because we’re not playing our rivals don't mean we shouldn't sing our songs…and the Anti - English stuff well maybe you should be directing that more towards the FAW than our Cardiff youth….and just like the hooligan day’s - we are where we are.
    Never underestimated the power of youth

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    More interested in jumping around in the concourse than supporting the team

I hear you Parker and agree with some of your thoughts - QPR sing anti- Chelsea & Cardiff songs every week it's part of their History so just because we’re not playing our rivals don't mean we shouldn't sing our songs…and the Anti - English stuff well maybe you should be directing that more towards the FAW than our Cardiff youth….and just like the hooligan day’s - we are where we are.
    Never underestimated the power of youth
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    ?
    Nationalism

We just need to support and win

#bringbackali