+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Most Dramatic End to a Game ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Most Dramatic End to a Game ?

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Ha, no shame in that. His main claim to fame here was a fantastic volley against Wrexham on his first start for us in early '94. It's at around 2.33 on this compilation (which is worth a watch if you haven't seen it before).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oodQt0Sjijc

Another one who had something but just couldn't show enough of it on match days, he probably ran rings round everyone in training. Maybe a Matty Kennedy if you want a modern day comparison.

TOBW's said before on here about how a lot of the players from the 80s and 90s that we think fondly of wouldn't have got anywhere near our squad these days. It's obvious really but it's true. Jason Perry would've been released when he was about 14 and I'm not sure if Stant or Dale would've even got past Revell. On the flip side of that, I guess players like Vaulks and Pack would be seen as club legends if they'd been with us back then and we'd have thought we'd found the new Maradona if Kennedy or Daehli had rocked up.
    Lol. A good post.

Didn’t some people say that Daehli was the new Iniesta though…..? :-/

Blimey I just watched some of that video…..I was in the away end with my Dad for the Ooh Ah Paul Millar goal at Birmingham and remember how no one could understand how and if it had gone in!

And the Jason Fowler chip against Brentford is one of my favourites. We won 4-1 I think and it poured with rain.

Re: The Most Dramatic End to a Game ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Lol. A good post.

Didn’t some people say that Daehli was the new Iniesta though…..? :-/

Blimey I just watched some of that video…..I was in the away end with my Dad for the Ooh Ah Paul Millar goal at Birmingham and remember how no one could understand how and if it had gone in!

And the Jason Fowler chip against Brentford is one of my favourites. We won 4-1 I think and it poured with rain.
    Some crackers in there. I was at Birmingham too, at Oxford for Faerber's and a few others too. Good memories.

Talking about Daehli, here's a game that deserves a place in this thread.

https://www.premierleague.com/video/single/1120501