+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Brayley Renolds, former City player.

Brayley Renolds, former City player.

Some of the board's older contributors might want to read an obituary piece on him here.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/brayl...lds-1935-2023/

Re: Brayley Renolds, former City player.

I remember him missing a penalty for Scumsea at Ninian Park. The daring chant (for those days) went up: “Ha ha ha, he he he, Brayley missed a penalty!”

Did he score a hat trick against Liverpool for city?

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Did he score a hat trick against Liverpool for city?
    In December 1957 we were scoring goals for fun at home putting 7 past Barnsley, 5 past Stoke and then 6 past Liverpool in 3 consecutive home games. Brayley Reynolds scored 2 in the Liverpool game

Cliff Nugent scored a hat trick in the Barnsley game and Joe Bonkers got 5 of that 18 goal purple patch

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    In December 1957 we were scoring goals for fun at home putting 7 past Barnsley, 5 past Stoke and then 6 past Liverpool in 3 consecutive home games. Brayley Reynolds scored 2 in the Liverpool game

Cliff Nugent scored a hat trick in the Barnsley game and Joe Bonkers got 5 of that 18 goal purple patch
    Never heard Joe Bonson called that before.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Nor me....

btw David - good writeup for TOBW....remember coming through that tunnel after watching Glamorgan at St. Helens? singing Glory Glory Hallelujah (after Spurs...)and along in the train comes...Fouzu Ayoub...? Bible classes...?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brayley_Reynolds BR worked in the colliery after his playing days it seems...

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I remember my father and his mates, all City fans, referring to him as that

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Nor me....

btw David - good writeup for TOBW....remember coming through that tunnel after watching Glamorgan at St. Helens? singing Glory Glory Hallelujah (after Spurs...)and along in the train comes...Fouzu Ayoub...? Bible classes...?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brayley_Reynolds BR worked in the colliery after his playing days it seems...
    How times have changed

Joe Bonson to me. Dont recall the nickname.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    I remember him missing a penalty for Scumsea at Ninian Park. The daring chant (for those days) went up: “Ha ha ha, he he he, Brayley missed a penalty!”
    'Scumsea' FFS

Out of interest I tried to find Brayley Reynolds on the Ancestry website to find out where he was living. I couldn't find him but did find Joe Bonson and his wife on the 1959 Cardiff Electoral Register at 22a Oakfield Street with Derrick Sullivan and his wife also at the same address. Was 22a Oakfield Street a club owned property? In 1956 Mike Tiddy and Ron Stitfall plus wives were living there but in other years the names registered there don't look like City players.

Very different to the living arrangements and property ownership of current City players I would imagine.

Last I heard he was living in Pontllanfraith