+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emyr Huws

Re: Emyr Huws

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    That's an attribute that's rarely spoken about, being impervious to injury or recovering quickly.

Cristiano Ronaldo is especially notable for it, he could always be relied on for 30+ league games a season. I can't remember him ever missing as much as a month.
    Messi as well, almost never injured.

at times someone like neymar has performed at the same kind of level as Messi, but would inevitably get injured and miss a bunch of matches.
    messi has played more than 200 games more than him

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Messi as well, almost never injured.

at times someone like neymar has performed at the same kind of level as Messi, but would inevitably get injured and miss a bunch of matches.
    messi has played more than 200 games more than him
    I went to Barca game when Messi was about 19. He did a hamstring a couple of weeks before.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He played a few times in the 2018 World Cup qualifiers.

He's arguably the poster boy for that group of players that came just after Bale, Ramsey etc that never reached their potential. You had Huws, Ward, Lawrence, George Williams, Kieron Freeman and more quite highly rated but none ever came anywhere near their potential, except maybe Lawrence. That groups failure to kick really forced Giggs' hand with flooding the squad with youngsters
    George Williams is one of twelve players to make their Wales debut as a teenager over the last decade (in 2014).
    He has seven caps to date but probably won't add to that given that he now plays in the National League South.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    George Williams is one of twelve players to make their Wales debut as a teenager over the last decade (in 2014).
    He has seven caps to date but probably won't add to that given that he now plays in the National League South.
    Crazy, isn't it? I know nothing about George Williams, although i'm assuming that he showed some ability early in his career for him to get 7 welsh caps, especially as during that period Wales were on the rise. It shows that progress, development etc can be halted almost instantly with young players, and i don't think it's good to get ahead of ourselves when we see a bright young prospect, there's still plenty of developing to do. This has been an interesting thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Crazy, isn't it? I know nothing about George Williams, although i'm assuming that he showed some ability early in his career for him to get 7 welsh caps, especially as during that period Wales were on the rise. It shows that progress, development etc can be halted almost instantly with young players, and i don't think it's good to get ahead of ourselves when we see a bright young prospect, there's still plenty of developing to do. This has been an interesting thread
    Fortunately (although not for him) it is the "worst" record post his teenage debut. I had a good scrawl through them all having seen this thread! 41 appearances in the Championship was his early highlight before a steady decline.