+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 24 and Counting

Re: 24 and Counting

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He probably didnt want to get the covid jab because it doesnt work on humans let alone robots.
    It certainly presents a very small risk to a physically superfit person with no health issues.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    at the time of posting i was thinking of all the elite top sports athletes of modern times but tennis is a bit unique as its not a team sport

mental strength and endurance as well as natural ability comes into play here and have now decided he is the best there's no contest

yes we could say messi , ronaldo etc but at 36 years old and his achievements over a long period of time will be seldom done again ,i would have said Ali back in the 70's / 80's

on top of that the WEF mob stopped him competing for a number of years too .imagine how many more major titles he would have won

we will never know of course
    That's right, they locked him up for years in the basement of a pizza place didn't they?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Oh I see, it's a lame windup job.
    I wouldn’t watch tennis if it was free on the BBC !!!!

Together with, golf, F1, athletics, and swimming (put a great white in with them, then they’d swim)

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    It certainly presents a very small risk to a physically superfit person with no health issues.
    It wouldn't have been fair on all the other players who also didn't want the jab for the same reasons, but took it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I wouldn’t watch tennis if it was free on the BBC !!!!

Together with, golf, F1, athletics, and swimming (put a great white in with them, then they’d swim)
    That's interesting. Is there anything else you don't like?

at the time of posting i was thinking of all the elite top sports athletes of modern times but tennis is a bit unique as its not a team sport

mental strength and endurance as well as natural ability comes into play here and have now decided he is the best there's no contest

yes we could say messi , ronaldo etc but at 36 years old and his achievements over a long period of time will be seldom done again ,i would have said Ali back in the 70's / 80's

on top of that the WEF mob stopped him competing for a number of years too .imagine how many more major titles he would have won

we will never know of course
    Just to be clear, he’s a liar and he got caught. There wasn’t a mob, he was thick at best.

Bristol City, as a matter of fact, anything to do with Bristol

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Through all of my life before that, you’d have players such as Borg and Sampras who’d dominate for a while, but there was never a situation where a small group of players dominated almost completely for close to a generation. This prompts the question were that group dominant because they were exceptional players or because the standards of all but one or two of the rest was so poor? I believe it was more the former than the latter - I believe there are a lot of players now in their early thirties who will live their rest of their lives thinking that they never got the rewards their ability warranted because of the trio Djokovic, Federer and Nadal.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...gles_champions

Over the last 50 years, in 10 year cycles, apart from maybe 84-93, the game has been dominated by a small group of players of each generation. I think what sets the 2003-2023 trio apart is their longevity and this generation has lasted closer to 15-20 years rather than 10 years. Is that down to weaker opposition? or sports science and sports athletes of today being fitter than they have ever been?

If the cycles tell us anything Medvedev and Alcarez have now started reaching finals and winning slams and they will likely be the dominant winners of the next generation.

Darts , snooker , horse racing, ice hockey , American football , basketball , cricket

Whilst I appreciate people have the right to enjoy these activities they are torture to watch in my opinion

Formula 1 is the worst , bowls is close

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Darts , snooker , horse racing, ice hockey , American football , basketball , cricket

Whilst I appreciate people have the right to enjoy these activities they are torture to watch in my opinion

Formula 1 is the worst , bowls is close
    No one cares. Off you trot then as the people who do like tennis are talking about tennis.

No one cares. Off you trot then as the people who do like tennis are talking about tennis.
    No

I prefer Anna Kournikova

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I prefer Anna Kournikova
    Yes something about her style of play attracted me too

GOAT.

Good player. I don’t like him.

Incredible fitness levels these tennis players have

But he comes across as a right privileged and entitled git

A lot of them at the top of their game appear to be like that .....him , McEnroe , Murray at times
    Don’t think he had a particularly privileged upbringing, maybe this is what’s made him so mentally strong, which at the very top of the game is what it takes, he just can’t be beaten…..

What do you mean, Moz? He missed one Australian Open and one US Open because of his covid vaccine situation?
    a little late with reply due to IT issues

2022 missed the australian open , Paribas Open , Miami Open , US Open

2023 missed the Miami Open and Indian Wells

yes you are correct only 2 majors missed

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Don’t think he had a particularly privileged upbringing, maybe this is what’s made him so mentally strong, which at the very top of the game is what it takes, he just can’t be beaten…..
    His parents may have been wealthy but he was young when the NATO/UN were peacefully bombing his country!!!, very traumatic for him, he has spoken about this, I wouldn't describe his upbringing as privileged. I'm agreeing with you BTW

Congratulations to Novak Djokovic, who has won the ATP finals - for a record 7th time.

what another incredible achievement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub5RNDn64cs

Congratulations to Novak Djokovic, who has won the ATP finals - for a record 7th time.

what another incredible achievement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub5RNDn64cs
    Monster performance, its got to end soon and i thought Wimbledon would be the start of the downward spiral but he's not giving up and still putting everything into his game to take on the new kids on the block.

Incredible fitness levels these tennis players have

But he comes across as a right privileged and entitled git

A lot of them at the top of their game appear to be like that .....him , McEnroe , Murray at times
    He grew up in a country at war u know…..

When this question comes up my immediate reaction is normally Serena Williams because she absolutely bossed her sport for so long. And tennis is pretty global, which I also think is a factor. She's still won more major championships than Djokovic (I think) once you factor in she plays doubles and mixed doubles too, which again is a positive factor in a question like this.

But I'm starting to think Djokovic is edging it now. He has had to win most of those medals when Federer was around, and I think he's overtaken Serena now on singles titles.