+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: These Electric Car thingys, part 2 as can’t find original

Re: These Electric Car thingys, part 2 as can’t find original

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I read somewhere that 20mph roads have MORE minor shunts than higher speeds.
    Two reasons for this, 1) spending too much time looking at their speedo’s (not the swimming trunks type) 2) f uck ing nodding off through boredom !!!!

Looks like EVs will cost an average of £3.4k more from January, when tariff exemptions end.
    Good old Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I read somewhere that 20mph roads have MORE minor shunts than higher speeds.
    I've read in more than one place the exact opposite.

we've also had people claiming that it's easier to pull out onto traffic at 30 mph than 20 mph and a "doctor" who claimed that cars hitting pedestrians are safer at 30 than 20 because the pedestrian is knocked out of the way rather than going under the car.

people just make up any old shore that confirms what they already thought

Love my Hybrid , completely altered my driving behaviours for the better , it such a calming ride ,prey the rise drops so all folk can grab one .

Perhaps the Welsh Government could really help the environment drag back the 33 million badly its spending on 20mph spends and other shite soft policy projects , and subsidy working class folk to buy one ,now that is a real green policy for the people .

Cheapest hybrid cars
    Renault Clio E-Tech Hybrid - £21,995
    Toyota Yaris - £22,110
    Dacia Jogger Hybrid 140 - £22,595
    Mazda 2 Hybrid - £22,720
    Honda Jazz - £22,930
    Suzuki Vitara Full Hybrid - £23,249
    Toyota Yaris Cross - £24,840
    Renault Captur E-Tech Hybrid - £25,695
    Hyundai Kona Hybrid - £26,315
    Suzuki S-Cross Hybrid - £27,249

Had a plug in hybrid (A3) since mid August.

Plug in because it attracts a much better BIK value than the self-charging version, saving a fortune on tax.

Charge via an standard garden 240v socket, from empty = 5 hours, so ~£2.50.

EV mode gives me ~30 miles max 80mph, goes like sh*t off a shovel. Longer motorway drives gives me ~55mpg at 75mph, similar to my last A4 diesel.

Recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dwr View Post

Plug in because it attracts a much better BIK value than the self-charging version, saving a fortune on tax.

EV mode gives me ~30 miles max 80mph, goes like sh*t off a shovel. Longer motorway drives gives me ~55mpg at 75mph, similar to my last A4 diesel.

Recommended.
    The car you’re driving is probably ~25% more expensive than the combustion version ,my question is , would you save more than the 25% in fuel, extra tyres etc

It seems to me unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I’d also like to hear your experience of a hybrid. I’m in the market for a new motor and one of the options is a hybrid. In theory it seems to make the most sense and has great mpg and much better range than just electric.
    My last 2 cars have been KIA's on 3 year PCP, the current deal is just about up, 2 weeks ago i called into Gravells to get a price on a NIRO which is hybrid, trading my car back in it was going to be £350 a month for three years and an 18 k payment at the end, I'm going back to plan A, I'm going to buy my car out, I owe 7k and have been offered 12k in PX against a 3 year old A class Merc with 25k on the clock, with a couple of car options, I'm mulling over diesel or petrol it will be an AUTO, I'm done with gear changes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I’m not Swedish ,and it’s another psychop as they clearly don’t benefit the environment
    You don't have to be Swedish.

https://www.greenmatch.co.uk/blog/greenest-countries

there you go

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dwr View Post

Recommended.
    Do you think you'd get better mpg if you stay under the speed limit?

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    You don't have to be Swedish.

https://www.greenmatch.co.uk/blog/greenest-countries

there you go
    Considering the amount of environmental damage that’s going on in respect of conflicts around the planet , it’s clearly not that important otherwise western nations wouldn’t be funding the Military Industrial Complex would they? They would be calling out the military for the sake of climate change.

I'm sure I would. Thank you for the question.

milk float.jpg
    My Mrs hates our electric vehicle she reckons it's cold in the winter.I said it's all we need with this 20mph malarkey.

This is a CAT994A.

It burns about 1,000 liters of fuel in 12 hours, moving about 250 tons of dirt to remove the materials needed to produce ONE Tesla battery.

To make any drums you have to edit:
    - 12 tons of lithium silk
    - 15 tons of ore for cobalt
    - 3 tons of ore per nickel,
    - 12 tons of copper ore
    And move 250 tons of crust.

For just - one - battery, approximately:
    - 12 kg of lithium
    - 30 kg of nickel
    - 22 kg Manganese
    - 15 kg of Kobalt
    - 100 kg Kupfer
    - 200 kg of aluminum, steel and plastic

And people believe in zero emissions when they drive their electric car. 🥳

"sustainability" 😂🤣

Império Tártaro ®️

IMG_4265.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Love my Hybrid , completely altered my driving behaviours for the better , it such a calming ride ,prey the rise drops so all folk can grab one .

Perhaps the Welsh Government could really help the environment drag back the 33 million badly its spending on 20mph spends and other shite soft policy projects , and subsidy working class folk to buy one ,now that is a real green policy for the people .

Cheapest hybrid cars
    Renault Clio E-Tech Hybrid - £21,995
    Toyota Yaris - £22,110
    Dacia Jogger Hybrid 140 - £22,595
    Mazda 2 Hybrid - £22,720
    Honda Jazz - £22,930
    Suzuki Vitara Full Hybrid - £23,249
    Toyota Yaris Cross - £24,840
    Renault Captur E-Tech Hybrid - £25,695
    Hyundai Kona Hybrid - £26,315
    Suzuki S-Cross Hybrid - £27,249
    I bet you're always the first to be invited to parties.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    This is a CAT994A.

It burns about 1,000 liters of fuel in 12 hours, moving about 250 tons of dirt to remove the materials needed to produce ONE Tesla battery.

To make any drums you have to edit:
    - 12 tons of lithium silk
    - 15 tons of ore for cobalt
    - 3 tons of ore per nickel,
    - 12 tons of copper ore
    And move 250 tons of crust.

For just - one - battery, approximately:
    - 12 kg of lithium
    - 30 kg of nickel
    - 22 kg Manganese
    - 15 kg of Kobalt
    - 100 kg Kupfer
    - 200 kg of aluminum, steel and plastic

And people believe in zero emissions when they drive their electric car. ��

"sustainability" ����

Império Tártaro ®️

IMG_4265.jpg

I'm not very computer literate, so could anyone help me out? I'm not sure whether Chronic Memes on Facebook is a reliable source or not.

https://www.facebook.com/Chronicmeme...6795327681104/

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I'm not very computer literate, so could anyone help me out? I'm not sure whether Chronic Memes on Facebook is a reliable source or not.

https://www.facebook.com/Chronicmeme...6795327681104/
    Oh no it’s a post that’s against “The Current Thing”. I can’t help it if you shit yourself when this happens bra. Still wearing a mask ��?

You’re a lemming doing lemming things

I took the plunge into the electric car market and am having doubts. Nothing wrong with the car I purchased earlier this year. It performs well and the more petrol goes up in price the better the comparison. However, I made tentative enquiries to change and discovered that the second hand market is not good at the moment. I know you take a big hit in depreciation in year 1 but the dealership part ex offer was a 45% reduction on the purchase price last January. I was not expecting that. I have been warned to expect a hefty insurance premium increase next year apparently caused by the fact that the write off incidence of electric cars is much higher than petrol cars. The Brexit tax increase on new electric cars next year should help the second hand market. Hefty drops in second hand values means the likelihood of negative equity, where you have a finance deal, increases. Of course, the market may change and I hope it does but, at the moment, it would make no sense to change until the finance deal runs out.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    I took the plunge into the electric car market and am having doubts. Nothing wrong with the car I purchased earlier this year. It performs well and the more petrol goes up in price the better the comparison. However, I made tentative enquiries to change and discovered that the second hand market is not good at the moment. I know you take a big hit in depreciation in year 1 but the dealership part ex offer was a 45% reduction on the purchase price last January. I was not expecting that. I have been warned to expect a hefty insurance premium increase next year apparently caused by the fact that the write off incidence of electric cars is much higher than petrol cars. The Brexit tax increase on new electric cars next year should help the second hand market. Hefty drops in second hand values means the likelihood of negative equity, where you have a finance deal, increases. Of course, the market may change and I hope it does but, at the moment, it would make no sense to change until the finance deal runs out.
    true costs of fueling an electric vehicle, including excess charging costs and subsidies, is equal to $17.33 per gallon of gasoline, a new analysis found.

https://www.texaspolicy.com/wp-conte...nnettIsaac.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    true costs of fueling an electric vehicle, including excess charging costs and subsidies, is equal to $17.33 per gallon of gasoline, a new analysis found.

that report is laughably bad.
    i guarantee it's some right wing think tank with links to the oil industry

A Policy Foundation with links to Donald Trump and prominent climate change deniers that opposes climate change proposals and is funded by the oil and gas industries. I think I'll give it a miss.

That report is a joke. If that were the case, there would be NO electric vehicles on the roads. Gas is about $3.50 a gallon. So a 12 gallon fill-up will cost you about $42. As opposed to $208 in an electric vehicle? I don't think so. There are more and more of them on the roads every year.