Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 0 SWANSEA CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 0 SWANSEA CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    well woke up with no voice this morn... hows everyone else doing
    Same!

Great day and night 👏

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    You're spot on with that observation Adrian. With the addition of Panzo whom I think will be a regular alongside McGuiness soon, and the possible inclusion of O'Dowda, I think we've got the best part of a solid team. With a couple of quality signings in January maybe at right back and striker, we could be going places.
    Agree....the best looking team for years....Collins is terrific, McGuiness...well I hope we can keep hold of him....the rock for years to come. Siopis is a dog in midfield, allows Ramsey and a n other to go about their business...PAnzo alongside him will be solid. I was one who had some doubts about Ramsey....but my goodness how wrong! He is clearly enjoying his football and he will help the younger players no end.
    Tanner.....yes...very Grealish-like....hope he keeps his feet on the ground - terrific direct winger. Some players don't impress in mundane situations (like out on his loan), but step up in the first team environment......others don't...
    ......this should give them great belief and confidence. Am more optimistic than for a long time....

Absolutely class victory. This team is full of character and quality compared to recent seasons. Fairplay to Bulut and the summer recruitment.

Have to put in a a strong shift against Cov now for it to be meaningful to the season overall. Maybe a good thing that it’s such a short turn around to move on quickly with this buzz and momentum.

Class haha

Swansea should have had a penalty early on

Absolutely stupid by NG

Collins 50/50 tackle on Grimes was so satisfying.

Amazing how average Grimes looks if you just put pressure on him. We let him have so much space and time in previous games.

A few times in recent seasons it's seemed like a win over us has really kicked the jacks into a good run of form. Hoping this season it works the other way around, and we go on a run after beating them.

There's the makings of a decent side here, maybe this is the confidence boost that kicks them on a gear!!

The way that Tanner took that long ball was sublime. Whittingham-esque

Very very happy today. We looked good against a poor Swansea. I suspect our performance made them look worse than they are.
    Several outstanding performances, but I will mention perhaps the 2 players who were disappointing Ugbo and Wintle. The 2nd we can forgive perhaps, but not sure what Ugbo gives to the team. Keiffer Moore would have had a field day. That is the only position a bit lacking. If its rectified I could see us beingvtop 6.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    And what a ball that was from Collins!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    And what a ball that was from Collins!
    The ball from Collins was dropped on a sixpence for Tanner (no pun intended), and Tanner's control and finish was superb.

The second build up from defence to attack for the penalty was superb as well, Grant to Ramsey to Tanner, unplayable it was so good.

Meite seems to be a bit of a character in the changing room.

Also love how after Tanner celebrated his goal he went up to congratulated him and then signalled for him to keep his head.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Meite seems to be a bit of a character in the changing room.

Also love how after Tanner celebrated his goal he went up to congratulated him and then signalled for him to keep his head.
    Yes....once Meite gets a goal and his confidence...he will be a real asset......as long as he stays fit....

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Yes....once Meite gets a goal and his confidence...he will be a real asset......as long as he stays fit....
    Agreed, I think Meite and Grant hitting form and we look a different team.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Anyone see the little girl mascot who shock hands with all the Cardiff players and then put her hands behind her back when she got to the Swansea players. Good girl!
    She was also shaking her head at them as well, that’s good parenting right there.

International

Warnock - Only a matter of time before Cardiff batter Swansea

Very True!

https://twitter.com/BBCSportWales/st...17266225463298

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    He's a good kid

His wing men are out of night of the living dead though

Swansea City were a useful side before they went up to the Premier league and stayed there and competed for 7 years

We would snap people's hands off for that

It's been a few years since they have come down but even last season looked more than capable of a play off place with a few results

They have always played good football but this season it appears they are falling apart

It would be silly to mock them but as far as I am concerned they can naff off and I hope they sink down to league 2

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He's a good kid

His wing men are out of night of the living dead though

Swansea City were a useful side before they went up to the Premier league and stayed there and competed for 7 years

We would snap people's hands off for that

It's been a few years since they have come down but even last season looked more than capable of a play off place with a few results

They have always played good football but this season it appears they are falling apart

It would be silly to mock them but as far as I am concerned they can naff off and I hope they sink down to league 2
    Punched above their weight for far too long, by appointing very good managers probably eight times out of ten, it was always going to catch them eventually, it's important few months for them and hopefully, the decline continues!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Unsurprisingly, I enjoyed that.

Good to see it through opposition eyes.

Balanced and honest report.