+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scotland v England

Re: Scotland v England

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    So why do you think England have started doing so much better in recent tournaments, and have such quality creative and technical young players coming through?
    I kind of answered it above

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well it sounds like you have believed the hype as well

You are saying a ......massively improved Premier league ....your words .....has massively improved the Welsh national side ?
    Yes, Wales never qualified for anything, then Welsh players went to another level, Bale, Ramsey, Allen and the rest came on leaps and bounds, hopefully, it will take Johnson to another level, although we don't have many premier league players at the moment.

International

Well it sounds like you have believed the hype as well

You are saying a ......massively improved Premier league ....your words .....has massively improved the Welsh national side ?
    England wasn't ranked 4th in the World, 2nd in Europe before the Premier League.

If Pep, Kloppy or Poch were managing them instead of useless Southgate they would have a strong chance of winning one of the next two big tournaments.

You need a top manager to win things and a lot of luck in cup competitions.

So why do you think England have started doing so much better in recent tournaments, and have such quality creative and technical young players coming through?
    Doing better ?

What have they won ?

Because I remember England being nearly men in the 1990s

Have they claimed any trophies recently ?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Its the building of St Georges Park and the focus on youth football that's put England where they are now. Whether thats from premier League money, or maybe the Olympics (it was built in 2012), but the current team have played at youth levels and won tournaments.

Here's a good (old) article about the impact of the the national centre, and the difference it has had at youth levels and comparing it to the last golden generation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41489971
    Put England where they are now ?

World Cup winners ?

Euro championship winners ?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    England wasn't ranked 4th in the World, 2nd in Europe before the Premier League.

If Pep, Kloppy or Poch were managing them instead of useless Southgate they would have a strong chance of winning one of the next two big tournaments.

You need a top manager to win things and a lot of luck in cup competitions.
    Ranked ?

Get over yourself

If my aunty had bollocks she would be my uncle

Doing better ?

What have they won ?

Because I remember England being nearly men in the 1990s

Have they claimed any trophies recently ?
    Yeah I know they haven't won anything, brainiac, I'm very relieved about that. But if you can't accept they are looking better now than at any time since 1996 then there's not much point you even taking part in discussions on here.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Its the building of St Georges Park and the focus on youth football that's put England where they are now. Whether thats from premier League money, or maybe the Olympics (it was built in 2012), but the current team have played at youth levels and won tournaments.

Here's a good (old) article about the impact of the the national centre, and the difference it has had at youth levels and comparing it to the last golden generation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41489971
    St Georges Park is the biggest factor in England's improvement in the last 10 years. Their u17 2017 world cup squad included several who are now full internationals, or others playing at the top level. There are others obviously who haven't gone on to great success, but are still playing,including a certain Jonathan Panzo.

Yeah I know they haven't won anything, brainiac, I'm very relieved about that. But if you can't accept they are looking better now than at any time since 1996 then there's not much point you even taking part in discussions on here.
    Looking better ?

That's disconcertingly vague

Cardiff City are looking better than we were in 1996

Looking better ?

That's disconcertingly vague

Cardiff City are looking better than we were in 1996
    Yes, Cardiff are looking better than 1996, but also haven't won any trophies.

You're cottoning on, at last!

Yes, Cardiff are looking better than 1996, but also haven't won any trophies.

You're cottoning on, at last!
    That is indeed what I said

Copycat

But we are no nearer to winning anything

Which was the point of the Premier league and the point all the pundits on here seem to be following

A bad season , Southgate gets sacked and everyone is moaning again when England get done by Iceland

You are as deluded as the English FA

That is indeed what I said

Copycat

But we are no nearer to winning anything

Which was the point of the Premier league and the point all the pundits on here seem to be following

A bad season , Southgate gets sacked and everyone is moaning again when England get done by Iceland

You are as deluded as the English FA
    We got better, then we reached a league cup and an fa cup final. Of course we got closer to winning something.

We got better, then we reached a league cup and an fa cup final. Of course we got closer to winning something.
    That was down to spending money on wages

That was down to spending money on wages
    Of course it was. Now would we have done so without spending that money? Sorry mate, but you've looked utterly clueless in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Of course it was. Now would we have done so without spending that money? Sorry mate, but you've looked utterly clueless in this thread
    Well the fact that Brentford have got to the big league puts your theory out to grass

The Premier League is a cash cow

Fueled by people stupid enough to pay for it

It was set up to make the big clubs loads of money at the expense of everyone else

As a side issue , and as an excuse from the FA for allowing the Premier League to set up , it was argued the Premier League would improve the standard of the English national team

England have won the square root of feck all since the premier league was established in 1993

The football might be pretty to watch but it seems that a clutch of good young players and people , even on here ,are sycophanticically dancing around as the piper calls the tune

You carry on , let me know when England win something but please don't link that success to the Premier league , that's a complete nonsense .

Ranked ?

Get over yourself

If my aunty had bollocks she would be my uncle
    Not in this day and age

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Not in this day and age
    Fascinating creatures these ladyboys

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    He’s sounded clueless in a few threads lately. Saturation bombing almost every thread on here.
    Think Sludgie needs to get a job to keep him busy and occupied.