+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Aaron Rodgers

Aaron Rodgers

Now Jets fans know how we felt when Ebou Adams got injured nine minutes into his debut for us.

https://www.skysports.com/nfl/news/1...per-bowl-hopes

Re: Aaron Rodgers

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Now Jets fans know how we felt when Ebou Adams got injured nine minutes into his debut for us.

https://www.skysports.com/nfl/news/1...per-bowl-hopes
    I think expectations may have been slightly higher in the Meadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    Both free transfers weren't they?

Both free transfers weren't they?
    Yes and they played for a team with Green in the name

Yes and they played for a team with Green in the name
    Uncanny. Let's see if the Jets can put it behind them and avoid relegation like we did.

Uncanny. Let's see if the Jets can put it behind them and avoid relegation like we did.
    Let's just hope Aaron is our saviour

Let's just hope Aaron is our saviour
    Indeed. But even if he isn't it won't be $75m down the swanee.

This.

The Jets have a fierce defense and some good offensive weapons. Aaron Rodgers was key to making the offense work. Zach Wilson has no awareness, he can't read a defense and he stares his receivers down telegraphing where he's about to throw. There's been all sorts of talk today. Cutting Rodgers loose and trading for a name. Going with Wilson, none of it is good.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    The Jets have a fierce defense and some good offensive weapons.
    Unlike the Giants … 0-40 is a shocker.

Great result for the Lions winning in KC.

International

Rodgers agreed to a restructured contract back in July that includes $75m in fully guaranteed money over the 2023 and 2024 seasons.

Tough life for him, only $75m for going for massages and stretches, I'd hate that!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    The Jets have a fierce defense and some good offensive weapons. Aaron Rodgers was key to making the offense work. Zach Wilson has no awareness, he can't read a defense and he stares his receivers down telegraphing where he's about to throw. There's been all sorts of talk today. Cutting Rodgers loose and trading for a name. Going with Wilson, none of it is good.
    Yep they were clearly going for it. Hard Knocks raised the profile and possibly expectations too. Maybe they'll try and trade for someone with a bit more vision and experience? Either way it's a massive blow for him and the team

I was lucky enough to be there to see his first and only touchdown pass for the Jets in pre-season.

Not good for Green Bay as its costs them a first round draft pick in 2024
    ps Still own the Bears

Am I the only one who has never heard of Aaron Rodgers?

There are a good few sports I don't like or follow - golf, boxing, crown green bowling - but still recognise the big names. Not this time though.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

There are a good few sports I don't like or follow - golf, boxing, crown green bowling - but still recognise the big names. Not this time though.
    Sounds like a Country and Western singer.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

I guess the problem with Rodgers is that he's been overshadowed by Tom Brady throughout his career but he's been one of the best quarterbacks around for a long time. Flick through his Wiki page if you've got a week spare sometime. He'd been at Green Bay for 17 seasons, finally, at the age of 39, makes a big money move to the Jets (a decent side but crying out for a top level quarterback) and snaps his achilles in their first drive of the season.

Absolutely incredible, not sure I can think of anything like it in all the time I've followed sport, especially as the quarterback position is so crucial. I was quite pleased with the Ebou Adams comparison (even though it went sailing over NYC Blue's head like an Aden Flint pass). American Football is complex and everyone in the squad has a part to play but there can't be another sport where one player is so important to a team.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Rodgers agreed to a restructured contract back in July that includes $75m in fully guaranteed money over the 2023 and 2024 seasons.

Tough life for him, only $75m for going for massages and stretches, I'd hate that!
    And that’s why sport is crazy.