+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Harry Maguire "joke"

Re: The Harry Maguire "joke"

Not something he can help but unfortunately he has a miserable looking face and I believe that's one of the reasons fans lack empathy for him. He's an easy target for the bully boys. If he was a cheeky chappie like Jack Grealish, I don't think he would receive half the amount of abuse he does, regardless of who he plays for and the huge amount of money he cost them.

I hope for his sake he is able to get through the torrent of abuse he receives without it impacting on his mental health. Good luck to the lad.

Southgate shouldn’t have put him in the firing line. He clearly doesn’t deserve a call up and is going through a period of bad form,he should’ve moved this summer as he’s not good enough to play for Man United.

He’s paid hundreds of thousands a week, I’m sorry I just don’t feel sorry for him. If his mental health is that bad he should remove himself from the squad / spotlight until he’s ready to play and resurrect his career. He’s not a bad player and can comeback from this, just not this way.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Southgate shouldn’t have put him in the firing line. He clearly doesn’t deserve a call up and is going through a period of bad form,he should’ve moved this summer as he’s not good enough to play for Man United.

He’s paid hundreds of thousands a week, I’m sorry I just don’t feel sorry for him. If his mental health is that bad he should remove himself from the squad / spotlight until he’s ready to play and resurrect his career. He’s not a bad player and can comeback from this, just not this way.
    This ^^^^

Why the hell Southgate felt the need to bring him on at half time when they were 2 nil up and cruising I dont know.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    This ^^^^

Why the hell Southgate felt the need to bring him on at half time when they were 2 nil up and cruising I dont know.
    If Southgate hadn't brought him on, the scoreline would have been a lot worse from Scotland's point of view.
    I said in the match thread that he was a liability well before his OG.

Mafuire is too slow and cumbersome.

No sympathy for him at all.
    A move from Man U with a large payout starting afresh maybe people would have a favourable view on his situ.

I quite liked Southgate initially but choosing HM in his squad is foolish and arrogant.
    I have no sympathy with him either and it will be fun when it all starts to go pear shaped again.

Also, I feel a bit of a reality check is required here regarding how good England are.
    I don't care who they have beaten in their recent games, it is still Scotland we are talking about who were beaten 3-1 by the people many are drooling over.

Yes, Bellingham was excellent and England have strength in depth but they have had many times before and have always, apart from with a not insignificant piece of intervention from a generous Russian linesman, somehow found a way to feck up.

Long may it continue

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    If Southgate hadn't brought him on, the scoreline would have been a lot worse from Scotland's point of view.
    I said in the match thread that he was a liability well before his OG.

Mafuire is too slow and cumbersome.

No sympathy for him at all.
    A move from Man U with a large payout starting afresh maybe people would have a favourable view on his situ.

I quite liked Southgate initially but choosing HM in his squad is foolish and arrogant.
    I have no sympathy with him either and it will be fun when it all starts to go pear shaped again.

Also, I feel a bit of a reality check is required here regarding how good England are.
    I don't care who they have beaten in their recent games, it is still Scotland we are talking about who were beaten 3-1 by the people many are drooling over.

Yes, Bellingham was excellent and England have strength in depth but they have had many times before and have always, apart from with a not insignificant piece of intervention from a generous Russian linesman, somehow found a way to feck up.

Long may it continue
    Wasn’t the linesman from Azerbaijan ?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Wasn’t the linesman from Azerbaijan ?
    He was so much the most famous sportsman from Azerbaijan that their national football stadium was named after him until recently.

And we think we are a minor nation....