+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Binmen strike for longer and the odd binwomen

Re: Binmen strike for longer and the odd binwomen

If I was a binman on £25k a year working hard in a filthy job and you had a PM worth £300 mil + for doing f**k all then yes I'd go on strike. Let's get real!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    If I was a binman on £25k a year working hard in a filthy job and you had a PM worth £300 mil + for doing f**k all then yes I'd go on strike. Let's get real!
    What if you were a steward at Cardiff City and Beyonce is on £50m a year? Or you work at WH smiths and Erling Haaland is on £400k a week?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    It's local council mismanagement and wastage that's causing the problems not austerity!

Labour support is strike action, then when they go bust in Birmingham they blame wage inflation as the main reason!

So you're telling your staff they should strike for more, then when you go bust it's because we had to pay the staff we encouraged to strike for more money, more money!
    You don't see a connection between how a council can operate and the amount of money it gets every year from central Government?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You don't see a connection between how a council can operate and the amount of money it gets every year from central Government?
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...-150m-26554304

Yeah right

On one hand its good to see them standing up for better Ts and Cs, but on the other hand, the service they provide is dire so they don't really deserve anything for the less than mediocrity service they currently provide.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    What if you were a steward at Cardiff City and Beyonce is on £50m a year? Or you work at WH smiths and Erling Haaland is on £400k a week?
    Yes same difference; bloody disgusting

Its not just binmen by any stretch, they're just the most visible. Its all Unite members in Cardiff Council so lots of electricians and maintenance staff as well.

Unison also voted in favour of strike action but couldnt take it as they didnt get the mandatory 50% turnout (tell me a councillor thats elected on a 50% turnout?). GMB didnt ballot as they are a bunch of shithouses.

Councils in England have already settled with Unite for better terms, 4 weeks in and Cardiff Council havent even come to the negotiating table, even though the WLGA have ordered them to. As soon as negotiations begin, the strike stops. Feel free to contact your councillor and give them some shit about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
    Its not just binmen by any stretch, they're just the most visible. Its all Unite members in Cardiff Council so lots of electricians and maintenance staff as well.

Unison also voted in favour of strike action but couldnt take it as they didnt get the mandatory 50% turnout (tell me a councillor thats elected on a 50% turnout?). GMB didnt ballot as they are a bunch of shithouses.

Councils in England have already settled with Unite for better terms, 4 weeks in and Cardiff Council havent even come to the negotiating table, even though the WLGA have ordered them to. As soon as negotiations begin, the strike stops. Feel free to contact your councillor and give them some shit about it.
    Yup, lots of boys and girls who work on repairs are on strike as well. And you're right, GMB are shithouse.

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    When you screw more and more out of people and services this is the result

Thatcher and the twats who voted for her kept screwing

Then privatised

Then as money talks......the screwing continues

The bins , care services , transport, utilities

On and on it goes

And then when people do say we have had enough or what about a pay rise ? .......

It's all the fault of the bin men , carers , bus drivers , train drivers , doctors , nurses , cleaners

And those that brought all this crap in get the ordinary people who are understandably pissed off to slag off the workers and do their dirty work for them
    And while this is going on the welsh Government spledge £32 million plus on road signs and god knows how much to come on more members, neither of which the vast majority of people want.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    And while this is going on the welsh Government spledge £32 million plus on road signs and god knows how much to come on more members, neither of which the vast majority of people want.
    They just cut 2 20mph signs off the lamppost outside my house !!!

Well I think it was council workmen

In Llanishen, what’s all that about

International

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    They just cut 2 20mph signs off the lamppost outside my house !!!

Well I think it was council workmen

In Llanishen, what’s all that about
    If it is within a built up area then unless the road is exempt the default speed is 20 MPH so there is no obligation to sign it as such, so the signs aren't required.
    Still a stupid waste of money to pay someone to take them down. I wonder if that is on top of the £32 million or are all the putting up and taking down actions in addition?

Why talk about something that happened recently in Wales when you can talk about something that happened decades ago though? Get your priorities right.

I don't want to turn this into another thread about the 20mph limit, but where do you get 'vast majority' from?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I don't want to turn this into another thread about the 20mph limit, but where do you get 'vast majority' from?
    So you agree with another 30 (odd), of the leeches down the bay ?

The one’s that are there, are wasting enough

So you agree with another 30 (odd), of the leeches down the bay ?

The one’s that are there, are wasting enough
    Don't think I've expressed an opinion on the proposed extra MSs. If you want one, I'll say it does seem a bit excessive, but if it leads to no overall majority in the senedd and more collaboration over decisions made there, then an increase could have benefits.
    I'm still waiting though for evidence that the vast majority of people don't want a 20mph limit.

Contract the bin collection out, so the service on offer is under contract, problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Contract the bin collection out, so the service on offer is under contract, problem solved.
    No. Problem created. Low wages and poor conditions for workers. Huge profits for owners. Like the mines that fueled the industrial revolution. Unfortunately, coal is finite, but there's more trash on the earth now than ever, and the pile will just keep growing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Don't think I've expressed an opinion on the proposed extra MSs. If you want one, I'll say it does seem a bit excessive, but if it leads to no overall majority in the senedd and more collaboration over decisions made there, then an increase could have benefits.
    I'm still waiting though for evidence that the vast majority of people don't want a 20mph limit.
    You want them, I don’t, end of conversation

You want them, I don’t, end of conversation
    He didn't say that, did he? At least he put a bit of thought into his response, Maybe give it a try yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    No. Problem created. Low wages and poor conditions for workers. Huge profits for owners. Like the mines that fueled the industrial revolution. Unfortunately, coal is finite, but there's more trash on the earth now than ever, and the pile will just keep growing.
    How about this - binmen - create their own company, they are all owner / employees. Run it like a business, where they get to keep any generated profit, pay themselves dividends (if they make a profit) - and then lets see how many strikes they vote in favour of.

How about this - binmen - create their own company, they are all owner / employees. Run it like a business, where they get to keep any generated profit, pay themselves dividends (if they make a profit) - and then lets see how many strikes they vote in favour of.
    What about water,rail ect do not make a profit who still pay the share holders.

No

This is how essential services should be organised

Provide local authorities with the funding to employ refuge workers on decent contracts with fair working conditions , pensions and pay

That absolutely will provide a far better service for the public than the Conservative way which you support of privatising absolutely anything that isn't nailed down

And abolishing it if it can't be privatised

Care , refuge , leisure centres

All utter disasters when put out to privatisation

Oh and buses and trains

You lot will never learn but you lot who vote Tory don't tend to use the buses or leisure centres

But with the bins you have no choice and when it goes tits up you blame the workers and not the stupid privatised system

Idiots

No

This is how essential services should be organised

Provide local authorities with the funding to employ refuge workers on decent contracts with fair working conditions , pensions and pay

That absolutely will provide a far better service for the public than the Conservative way which you support of privatising absolutely anything that isn't nailed down

And abolishing it if it can't be privatised

Care , refuge , leisure centres

All utter disasters when put out to privatisation

Oh and buses and trains

You lot will never learn but you lot who vote Tory don't tend to use the buses or leisure centres

But with the bins you have no choice and when it goes tits up you blame the workers and not the stupid privatised system

Idiots
    Cool sorry Sludge, but the people striking are public sector workers. They work for Cardiff Council.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Cool sorry Sludge, but the people striking are public sector workers. They work for Cardiff Council.
    The current binmen are not on what I said they should be

It's a private sector arrangement in all but name

The current binmen are not on what I said they should be

It's a private sector arrangement in all but name
    No it isn't. They are public sector workers working for a council that has been Labour run for a decade and funded by a Welsh Govt that has been Labour run for a quarter of a century.

You can't have your cake and eat it. If the UK govt are to blame for health strikes in England then the Welsh Govt and Council are here.

The reality is infinitely more complex of course but that would require not just blaming the UK govt at a national level so I doubt you'll go down that route