+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Binmen strike for longer and the odd binwomen

Re: Binmen strike for longer and the odd binwomen

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    No it isn't. They are public sector workers working for a council that has been Labour run for a decade and funded by a Welsh Govt that has been Labour run for a quarter of a century.

You can't have your cake and eat it. If the UK govt are to blame for health strikes in England then the Welsh Govt and Council are here.

The reality is infinitely more complex of course but that would require not just blaming the UK govt at a national level so I doubt you'll go down that route
    You are ignoring the fact that much of Welsh Government and local council funding is controlled (cut) by the Tory controlled UK government

No it isn't. They are public sector workers working for a council that has been Labour run for a decade and funded by a Welsh Govt that has been Labour run for a quarter of a century.

You can't have your cake and eat it. If the UK govt are to blame for health strikes in England then the Welsh Govt and Council are here.

The reality is infinitely more complex of course but that would require not just blaming the UK govt at a national level so I doubt you'll go down that route
    Yes it is

Completely ignoring how the Welsh Government budget is decided by Westminster. Utter joke of a comment.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    You are ignoring the fact that much of Welsh Government and local council funding is controlled (cut) by the Tory controlled UK government
    Councils have had to adopt these ridiculous business plans to justify any sort of spending

We know that the obscene level of wages for high end executives at councils comes from the tory model literally forced on local authorities where NORMAL employees struggle to fight for the scraps

The opportunity to turn this all around is never going to happen as the cost of reorganisation would be absolutely staggering

Refuge , Care Services , Swimming Pools

Poor service , poor wages but plenty of big bucks at the top

It's the tory way

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Not entirely, although that's the excuse they use. They get a block grant and allocate as they see fit. They also have a range of tax raising powers to raise additional income if they wanted more. They also can't rely on ever increasing budgets because no government in the world can.

All strikes are pretty complex and I do think that waste collection should be under public control but the idea that guarantees a better service or no conflict just isn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Councils have had to adopt these ridiculous business plans to justify any sort of spending

We know that the obscene level of wages for high end executives at councils comes from the tory model literally forced on local authorities where NORMAL employees struggle to fight for the scraps

The opportunity to turn this all around is never going to happen as the cost of reorganisation would be absolutely staggering

Refuge , Care Services , Swimming Pools

Poor service , poor wages but plenty of big bucks at the top

It's the tory way
    Again Sludge, what you are saying is just incorrect. The Welsh Govt and the council's themselves have control over this.

The UK govt has almost no say over the delivery of services in Wales. Its nearly all devolved powers.

Look to the senedd, not Westminster.

Again Sludge, what you are saying is just incorrect. The Welsh Govt and the council's themselves have control over this.

The UK govt has almost no say over the delivery of services in Wales. Its nearly all devolved powers.

Look to the senedd, not Westminster.
    I give you a 100 quid to build a wall

You require 300 quid to do a decent job

What sort of wall do you think I will get unless I provide you with more cash ?

You are the local council

I think the wall will fall down

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Completely ignoring how the Welsh Government budget is decided by Westminster. Utter joke of a comment.
    Most people dont realise that the (enourmously increased) council tax covers barely 50% of local government spending. The rest is made up by grants from central government which have been cut by 40%. Why?

Because the Conservatives want to starve big city councils which are almost entirely run by Labour of cash. The dream scenario is what we are currently seeing in Birmingham, force the LA into bankruptcy, then force extremely highly paid technocrats onto the city who sell of everything that isnt nailed down, preferably to Tory donors.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    What about water,rail ect do not make a profit who still pay the share holders.
    This^^^^. Every single person in this country is about to be faced with a whacking great increase in their water bills to pay for decades of under investment in our water system. And the kicker? The cost of renovation is almost exactly the same as the amount paid out in dividends since privatisation.

Decades of privatisation have left essential services that are natrual monopolies in the hands of cartels. Energy, Water, Rail etc. all in the hands of private companies that collude with each other to fix prices and drive up profits at rhe expense of consumers and workers. There is no competition.

According to the Wall Street Journal, America is about to face the first ever "full employment recession". That is to say that pay levels are now so low, that the country faces a recession even that almost everyone that can work, is working. How the **** anyone, regardless of where they sit on the political spectrum, can defend this shit is beyond me.

https://cals.ncsu.edu/news/you-decide-will-we-have-the-first-full-employment-recession/

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    A government our esteemed leader holds contempt for every time the fool speaks almost, he might well have a point on some issues but you don’t bite the hand that feeds….

I give you a 100 quid to build a wall

You require 300 quid to do a decent job

What sort of wall do you think I will get unless I provide you with more cash ?

You are the local council

I think the wall will fall down
    System is completely broken, until we get a new political party system I can’t see an end to it

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    System is completely broken, until we get a new political party system I can’t see an end to it
    It's not completely broken. I'll do it for £200 cash

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
    Most people dont realise that the (enourmously increased) council tax covers barely 50% of local government spending. The rest is made up by grants from central government which have been cut by 40%. Why?

Because the Conservatives want to starve big city councils which are almost entirely run by Labour of cash. The dream scenario is what we are currently seeing in Birmingham, force the LA into bankruptcy, then force extremely highly paid technocrats onto the city who sell of everything that isnt nailed down, preferably to Tory donors.
    The conservatives did exactly the same with the right to buy council houses

Those inner city councils that really needed the cash to replace housing stock sold and improve improve what they had left were prevented from doing so by Thatcher and her mob of chancers

Nice quaint council in Berkshire ? Oh you can spend what you like , go ahead

There's a reason why so many urban areas have sink estates

The conservatives created them

It's not completely broken. I'll do it for £200 cash
    Cardiff Ultra has served your arse up on a plate here

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post

Absolutely true, it's entirely political. Tories will starve people into submission if they have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Absolutely true, it's entirely political. Tories will starve people into submission if they have to.
    Indeed , absolutely ruthless

My grandfather hated them

Indeed , absolutely ruthless

My grandfather hated them
    And then taxed to death by Labour in 70’s….my old man who worked down the Docks his whole life hated them too….��

And then taxed to death by Labour in 70’s….my old man who worked down the Docks his whole life hated them too….��
    where to down the docks ?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Great so while crawling around Cardiff at 20mph, you'll get a lovely odour of bins, and can play fly-tipping and rat spotting!

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...rdiff-27701982
    I dealt with a Cardiff bin man and his father(also a bin man) last year and they were boasting that they end up working half of the hours they're paid for as they knock off ridiculously early. I asked what the management's take was and they both laughed, as said they're in on it 🤦*♂️

Your old man was a tory ?

Well there you go explains your politics

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    where to down the docks ?
    Dumballs rd….Beal & son. Gone for 20 odd years now in that rapidly changing area.

Dumballs rd….Beal & son. Gone for 20 odd years now in that rapidly changing area.
    anchors and chains

Not really, he swung to whoever he figured best at that time, you don’t just HAVE TO stick with one party your whole life you know? It’s not like a football team. He was born in a house in Hunter Street, worked in a tough factory for 35 years….maybe being a hard worker made him a Tory eh sludge as opposed to a benefits scrounger like most lefties if you are casting aspersions here…..what would you know though as you don’t work either….

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    anchors and chains
    Baptism of fire there for me as a lost 17 year old I tell you….you don’t pay attention you lose a limb or your head

Mine? I voted for every twating party there is the few times I’ve voted….
    You recall marching with 2 million others against Blair’s war right?