+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Net Zero....

Re: Net Zero....

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Next time you visit Earth maybe you could brush up on your grammar.
    Is that it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Is that it ?
    Nothing more needed

You are completely Potty

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Nothing more needed

You are completely Potty
    I know, i refuse to be controlled, I finish my job near Tory Cowbridge today, a few of lads know you, starting a new job back in a red district on Monday. If it was 2 years on I'd have looked to put my feet up and join the sick note Britain Brigade, however being working class outta Roath, Ely, Rumney and Splott have chosen to put some more PAYE into the system

Rishi Sunak v Robinson Interview

"Here are the facts... We've committed to reducing our emissions by 68 percent.

"Here are some of the other countries' targets: the EU - just 55 percent; Australia 45 percent; America 40 percent; Canada around 20 percent; New Zealand 18 percent.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/othe...2af8c6c5&ei=50

Good interview in my books.

Mr Robinson mistakenly accused the PM of talking about "where we've been" rather than "where we're going".

Mr Sunak pointed out that the targets he just listed off are the 2030 targets, "so that's where we're going and we're going faster than anyone else".

The PM found it equally easy to defend his decision to push back the deadline on the sale of new petrol and diesel cars, telling Nick Robinson his arguments were "an easy thing to rebut".

Mr Robinson said EV manufacturers "will not have the incentive to invest".

"So if people want to talk about 'global leadership' those are the facts we should be dealing with."

Mr Sunak hit back in a blunt 10-point retort: "Well that's an easy thing to rebut. Because if you look at our target of 2035, it's completely aligned with pretty much every other major economy.

"France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Australia, Canada, California, New York, Massachusetts, Sweden.

"So in an industry that is global and integrated, it's very hard to argue that somehow, you know, we will be at a disadvantage when we're aligning our date with that of pretty much every other major country."

He added that given manufacturers operate globally and every other major country has gone with a target of 2035, the Government's new target "seems entirely sensible".

In the same interview, Mr Sunak argued Margaret Thatcher would have "agreed" with his approach to Net Zero targets, despite her being a trailblazer in telling the world about the need to look after the environment.

The PM joined his Business Secretary Kemi Badenoch in passionately defending the new policy approach this morning, with Ms Badenoch having a row on Sky News about whether poor Brits drive cars.

The Business Secretary accused Sky News's Jayne Secker of making "ludicrous" claims over net zero.

I know, i refuse to be controlled, I finish my job near Tory Cowbridge today, a few of lads know you, starting a new job back in a red district on Monday. If it was 2 years on I'd have looked to put my feet up and join the sick note Britain Brigade, however being working class outta Roath, Ely, Rumney and Splott have chosen to put some more PAYE into the system
    Same ere forged in Llanrummney , never been out of work , don't do sick , had house reprocessed when mortgages were of the wall at 9 % , divorced as a result of money pressures , did two jobs to recover and pay for the Court Administration Order ,there were days where id didn't eat , odd shop lift of milk and bread got me trough , you'd be surprised how many full un drink pints are left outside pubs ,did I give in nope .

The whole shebang, one big grift, follow the money, I've seen, that reference previously. It's shite, cheers
    You think the whole thing is made up?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Same ere forged in Llanrummney , never been out of work , don't do sick , had house reprocessed when mortgages were of the wall at 9 % , divorced as a result of money pressures , did two jobs to recover and pay for the Court Administration Order ,there were days where id didn't eat , odd shop lift of milk and bread got me trough , you'd be surprised how many full un drink pints are left outside pubs ,did I give in nope .
    Whilst Llanrumney and Rumney were scrapping on Newport Road for superiority (Llanrumney always on top) Sludge was quaffing champers in Uni a typical Tory bully boy. YODA said it better, the virtuos is strong with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    You think the whole thing is made up?
    Yes, next ?

Yes, next ?
    Why would the PM delay the implementation of the current policy in place if we are currently in a “climate emergency “

Surely regardless of cost etc the policy should not be delayed due to the seriousness.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Why would the PM delay the implementation of the current policy in place if we are currently in a “climate emergency “

Surely regardless of cost etc the policy should not be delayed due to the seriousness.

Well gee, let me think, I wonder why just about every government has been kicking the can down the road for decades.

Whilst Llanrumney and Rumney were scrapping on Newport Road for superiority (Llanrumney always on top) Sludge was quaffing champers in Uni a typical Tory bully boy. YODA said it better, the virtuos is strong with this one.
    Love the Wreck scraps lol , you remember Slogger, sitting on the wreck leg in a bucket as one of your lot did him harm ,sadly he was an unforgiving sole ??

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Well gee, let me think, I wonder why just about every government has been kicking the can down the road for decades.
    Which governments , if were one of the best and only impacting on 1% got a feeling there maybe other countries out there, and opposition parties funding demonstrators for their own a political agenda ,instead of coming together as one to save the planet , same with NHS Labour have no real desire to fix it as it is a marvellous political tool ,why fix it when you use it ?

Nuts 🤪

Pissed this early in the morning ?

Dear me

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post

Because it is supposed to be a pre-election trap for Labour, nothing more nothing less, cooked up by a strategist in a dimly lit room in cchq.

What sunak does has absolutely no bearing on the truth and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Because it is supposed to be a pre-election trap for Labour, nothing more nothing less, cooked up by a strategist in a dimly lit room in cchq.

What sunak does has absolutely no bearing on the truth and vice versa.
    Why the big conspiracy? You realise that getting to net zero costs a shit load right, and would hurt the poorest most?
    Thats balanced against the policy aims, but why do you have to see some kind of shadowy conspiracy in it?

Statement deems quite open to me. I can well understand why environmentalists don't like it but I can see where he is coming from especially when we have decarbonised faster than others

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Why the big conspiracy? You realise that getting to net zero costs a shit load right, and would hurt the poorest most?
    Thats balanced against the policy aims, but why do you have to see some kind of shadowy conspiracy in it?

Statement deems quite open to me. I can well understand why environmentalists don't like it but I can see where he is coming from especially when we have decarbonised faster than others
    I wondered how long it would take.

Anybody with a brain can see through this from the tone of the speech itself and the circumstances sunak finds himself in. If you want to believe that politicians are virtuously floating through life doing god's work then you can, I think the evidence suggests it is a deeply cynical game and this move is no different.

And yes really honest and open to reel off a list of scary policies that don't exist and tell people he has scrapped them, really? That's the kind of fear mongering politics you want, and from an official televised Downing Street press conference? Demeaning the office doesn't really cover it but after the last few years nothing surprises me.

I think you accused me of being naive recently..

I wondered how long it would take.

Anybody with a brain can see through this from the tone of the speech itself and the circumstances sunak finds himself in. If you want to believe that politicians are virtuously floating through life doing god's work then you can, I think the evidence suggests it is a deeply cynical game and this move is no different.

And yes really honest and open to reel off a list of scary policies that don't exist and tell people he has scrapped them, really? That's the kind of fear mongering politics you want, and from an official televised Downing Street press conference? Demeaning the office doesn't really cover it but after the last few years nothing surprises me.

I think you accused me of being naive recently..
    Hate to break it to you Eric, but no, not everyone sees things the way you do.

Like I said, I can see why people don't like what he said, but the reality is that all policies come with huge costs and benefits and on this one they've realigned things to push them both down the road.

Fear mongering?! No idea what you are talking about there. Again, whatever else he said, I don't think he's the one using fear to push through a policy.

If you want to believe there is far more to it than that then that's up to you

Hate to break it to you Eric, but no, not everyone sees things the way you do.

Like I said, I can see why people don't like what he said, but the reality is that all policies come with huge costs and benefits and on this one they've realigned things to push them both down the road.

Fear mongering?! No idea what you are talking about there. Again, whatever else he said, I don't think he's the one using fear to push through a policy.

If you want to believe there is far more to it than that then that's up to you
    I shall. From what you have said so far, I don't think you watched the speech in full, I would urge you to..

Here is some honesty and integrity for you though, a graphic from Rishi's twitter.

real_policies_honest.jpg

https://twitter.com/RishiSunak/statu...648509467?s=20

2 of those are completely imaginary..

'I am the only one who can save you from [made up thing]' is politician scaremongering 101 and 'new approach' indicates that these were part of the existing approach.

It is lying.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Which governments , if were one of the best and only impacting on 1% got a feeling there maybe other countries out there, and opposition parties funding demonstrators for their own a political agenda ,instead of coming together as one to save the planet , same with NHS Labour have no real desire to fix it as it is a marvellous political tool ,why fix it when you use it ?
    It's posts like this that make me regret learning to read.

I shall. From what you have said so far, I don't think you watched the speech in full, I would urge you to..

Here is some honesty and integrity for you though, a graphic from Rishi's twitter.

real_policies_honest.jpg

'I am the only one who can save you from [made up thing]' is politician scaremongering 101 and 'new approach' indicates that these were part of the existing approach.

It is lying.
    I did watch it. And I appreciate it's a political speech, but every political speech presents such ideas and suggests their party is the one to solve that issue.

The bigger picture here is that many western nations are realising the cost of net zero and realising that it needs to be delivered in a politically and economically sustainably manner also.

That's the bigger picture. Macron have a not dissimilar speech a couple of months ago.

https://www.france24.com/en/environm...rialise-france

First Team

real_policies_honest.jpg

It is lying.
    Jimbo lives in an alternative universe. You are completely correct - Sunak is lying.

First Team

I did watch it. And I appreciate it's a political speech, but every political speech presents such ideas and suggests their party is the one to solve that issue.

The bigger picture here is that many western nations are realising the cost of net zero and realising that it needs to be delivered in a politically and economically sustainably manner also.

That's the bigger picture. Macron have a not dissimilar speech a couple of months ago.

https://www.france24.com/en/environm...rialise-france
    Are you feeble-minded? Even his own party have been acknowledging this for the last-ditch attempt to court the populist agenda that it is in the face of a forthcoming leathering at the polls.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Are you feeble-minded? Even his own party have been acknowledging this for the last-ditch attempt to court the populist agenda that it is in the face of a forthcoming leathering at the polls.
    Some in his party. Because parties are rarely absolutely united on things.

Are you feeble minded?

Welcome back btw!

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It's posts like this that make me regret learning to read.
    I know what you mean. LOM is like reverse AI.