+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Net Zero....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Net Zero....

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Missed the point . What I saw was the self styled Mr Reasonable yet again making himself look ridiculous by defending the indefensible.
    The fact that you see the slight rowing back of green policies, when nearly every country is doing it, as being indefensible shows how open minded you view political debate.

It's your view, or it's 'indefensible'.

I didn't even defend it either, I just provided some context from elsewhere. I know you want to live in a mythical world where the world revolves around the UK govt, but the reality is different. Big world out there!

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Vernon Coleman is a celebrity doctor 😷

Avoid

I side with science
    Yep , absolutely talk tv material

You could have your own show ?

maybe it was a good idea for someone to tell China all about Net Zero !

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

China have actually been taking some pretty impressive strides to achieving net zero, considering their developing economy and the fact that they are essentially the manufacturing base for most of the world.

Their target is 2060 instead of 2050 but they are currently overachieving in some areas such as conversion to wind and solar which accounts for 17% currently and will likely hit its 2030 target 5 years early.

They have invested massively in solar, they have more solar capacity than the rest of the world combined

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    China have actually been taking some pretty impressive strides to achieving net zero, considering their developing economy and the fact that they are essentially the manufacturing base for most of the world.

Their target is 2060 instead of 2050 but they are currently overachieving in some areas such as conversion to wind and solar which accounts for 17% currently and will likely hit its 2030 target 5 years early.

They have invested massively in solar, they have more solar capacity than the rest of the world combined
    your obviously reading it from a different script from me

those solar green energy panels are powered by coal !

they are laughing at us/ the west whilst we are told to drive 20mph to save the planet

your obviously reading it from a different script from me

those solar green energy panels are powered by coal !

they are laughing at us/ the west whilst we are told to drive 20mph to save the planet
    no the solar panels are not powered by coal, they are ultimately going to replace coal, but in a country where millions are being lifted from relative poverty every year their energy demands are constantly growing so it is a much bigger challenge to make the switch to renewables - but they are doing it.
    they aren't laughing at us, they are fully on board.

thetr are also lots of 30km/h streets in Chinese cities, they are also changing some parts of Hong Kong to 30 km/h as well fo the same reasons as we are if you'd bothered to check.

no the solar panels are not powered by coal, they are ultimately going to replace coal, but in a country where millions are being lifted from relative poverty every year their energy demands are constantly growing so it is a much bigger challenge to make the switch to renewables - but they are doing it.
    they aren't laughing at us, they are fully on board.

thetr are also lots of 30km/h streets in Chinese cities, they are also changing some parts of Hong Kong to 30 km/h as well fo the same reasons as we are if you'd bothered to check.
    this article explaining what's happening with renewables in relation to coal in China

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...fa1_story.html

This is disheartening but I believe they'll get there quicker than us.

Not that this matters, this September across the world was 1.8 degrees warmer than the pre industrial age average, a huge spike. I no longer believe it's decades before we see extremely serious consequences, I believe it is now years.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post

This is disheartening but I believe they'll get there quicker than us.

Not that this matters, this September across the world was 1.8 degrees warmer than the pre industrial age average, a huge spike. I no longer believe it's decades before we see extremely serious consequences, I believe it is now years.
    Hasn't the penny dropped yet ? They really aren't bothered..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Hasn't the penny dropped yet ? They really aren't bothered..
    really? based on what? some right wing website's weird fantasy about the long predicted demise of the west?

Absolutely bonkers that some of you will praise China before the UK on decarbonisation etc. 🥴

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Absolutely bonkers that some of you will praise China before the UK on decarbonisation etc. ��
    I'm not praising China ahead of the UK, I just don't buy into the argument that you frequently see that China have built x number of new coal power stations there fore it is pointless us doing anything.

It would have been pretty easy for China to have ignored it and carried on regardless if they had wanted to - there's no green voters to seek to win over, or much pressure lobbyists or other countries can apply to get them to take these steps - yet they have taken really big steps - because they have huge issues building up with access to fresh water amongst other things that will only be exacerbated with climate change.

I'm not praising China ahead of the UK, I just don't buy into the argument that you frequently see that China have built x number of new coal power stations there fore it is pointless us doing anything.

It would have been pretty easy for China to have ignored it and carried on regardless if they had wanted to - there's no green voters to seek to win over, or much pressure lobbyists or other countries can apply to get them to take these steps - yet they have taken really big steps - because they have huge issues building up with access to fresh water amongst other things that will only be exacerbated with climate change.
    Fair enough. Its right they are making rapid progress in some renewable areas but nothing like the progress we and others have made and the whole economic model they are based on is going to need to be rapidly changed.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Greta’s quiet …..plus the usual fanatics
    What? Greta has criticised China loads.

Also even if she hadn't, doesn't it make sense to get your own house in order before you criticise others?

I swear there are Year 4 kids who have better research skills than some people on here.

USA oil production hits record high

So-called "Net-Zero" really is finished. Last week the US produced a record 13.1 million barrels per day. That's 550,200,000 gallons per day. Same sort of increases in China, India, Africa, etc

USA oil production hits record high

So-called "Net-Zero" really is finished. Last week the US produced a record 13.1 million barrels per day. That's 550,200,000 gallons per day. Same sort of increases in China, India, Africa, etc
    In better news though, a clothes shop the other day wanted to email me my receipt to "save the planet" and was definitely nothing to do with trying to spam me with marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    In better news though, a clothes shop the other day wanted to email me my receipt to "save the planet" and was definitely nothing to do with trying to spam me with marketing.
    IMG_4218.jpg