+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Minutes silence before game tomorrow

Minutes silence before game tomorrow

Could be a test for some with ko time.......

Re: Minutes silence before game tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Could be a test for some with ko time.......
    What’s it for?

What for?

Back last April Fools Day there was almost a 90 minutes silence

Could be for the mother of the Swansea chairman who has just passed away, just guessing

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    What’s it for?
    "In recent days, we have all witnessed the devastation and trauma facing those living in Morocco and Libya.

The EFL is supporting the British Red Cross’ emergency appeals to help all those impacted.

As a mark of respect to those who have tragically lost their lives, the Bluebirds will be wearing black armbands and holding a minute’s silence at Saturday's fixture."

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    "In recent days, we have all witnessed the devastation and trauma facing those living in Morocco and Libya.

The EFL is supporting the British Red Cross’ emergency appeals to help all those impacted.

As a mark of respect to those who have tragically lost their lives, the Bluebirds will be wearing black armbands and holding a minute’s silence at Saturday's fixture."
    Bit random

That’s going to go well.

I thought football had realised that minutes applause was the way to go as it drowned out the morons

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I thought football had realised that minutes applause was the way to go as it drowned out the morons
    Not so sure a minute's applause works so well for victims of a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Not so sure a minute's applause works so well for victims of a disaster.
    I tend to agree but with an element of the crowd being rat arsed it's looking dodgy

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I tend to agree but with an element of the crowd being rat arsed it's looking dodgy
    The 95% element?

Quote Originally Posted by Rontomuk View Post
    Could be for the mother of the Swansea chairman who has just passed away, just guessing
    I hope it is as this would be a massive statement of togetherness rather than the puerile crap that is symptomatic of every other derby

Absolutely tragic event, that shows the west's news values - far more interest the Spanish FA kiss than thousands of deaths.

An entire class wiped out here, absolutely awful
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-66818257.

I think the minutes silence is appropriate, I just think for some reason these events haven't made as much news as they normally may.

That said, on a Saturday evening before the derby I am a little apprehensive. I doubt half the crowd will really know or understand what's happening and a lot will be boozing and come up to seats late etc.

Let's hope it goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    I hope it is as this would be a massive statement of togetherness rather than the puerile crap that is symptomatic of every other derby
    I think he was joking ?

Wasn't he ?

This could be a massive embarrassment as the game is live on Sky Sports. I just hope it all goes well.

While I understand the massive loss of lives in Morocco and Libya is awful I can't see what it has to to do with football in Wales. A minute's silence for something totally irrelevant to the occasion is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    This could be a massive embarrassment as the game is live on Sky Sports. I just hope it all goes well.
    Even on this thread people didnt know what it was for. Id say a fair percentage- a large majority probably- wont be expecting a minutes silence tomorrow. I cant see how it wont be a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    While I understand the massive loss of lives in Morocco and Libya is awful I can't see what it has to to do with football in Wales. A minute's silence for something totally irrelevant to the occasion is pointless.
    A bucket collection towards the Red Cross would be far more impactful and practical.

I tend to agree. It’s certainly worthy of various events and charity activity, and some of the newspaper headlines deemed more newsworthy are a disgrace, but is a football match in south Wales really the right venue for a commemoration?

There'll be a minute's silence before all Premier League and EFL games over the weekend from what I can make out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    A bucket collection towards the Red Cross would be far more impactful and practical.
    Indeed, it would.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    You'd honestly be happy with a minute's silence for the Swansea chairman's mother passing away? How about a minute's silence for one of our stewards in the event they lose a family member?

Where do you draw the line?

I think we all agree on that, but the club does seem determined to show it's caring and compassionate side in the last few years..

Considering there’ll be some on the beer in about half hour if not already, I can’t see it going well