+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Minutes silence before game tomorrow

Re: Minutes silence before game tomorrow

Minute silences are often disrupted because of the amount of people coming in the ground at about 2 minute before kick off shouting all sorts in the concourse on the way up to the stand. Especially after a few drinks

When you can hear a pin drop you only need that to start something and it wouldn’t shock me if that was the case here. Not that either side on the barrier would’ve needed much encouragement to have a go at each other

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Have seen a video of it which confirms that the first thing to break the silence was a shout of “bluebirds” - can’t say whether the claims that came from a Swansea fan trying to make us look bad are true or not mind.
    I'm almost certain it was a Swans fan as it was immediately followed by Swansea fans shouting shush.

And I also thought the City reaction was worse. You don't show outrage at a minutes silence being broken by chanting 'you jack bastards' during it, even if it's in response to someone/some people not adhering to it.

Both clubs have their idiots, but for what it matters, I think it was started by a Swansea fan and ended by City fans.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I'm almost certain it was a Swans fan as it was immediately followed by Swansea fans shouting shush.

And I also thought the City reaction was worse. You don't show outrage at a minutes silence being broken by chanting 'you jack bastards' during it, even if it's in response to someone/some people not adhering to it.

Both clubs have their idiots, but for what it matters, I think it was started by a Swansea fan and ended by City fans.
    Yes, I tend to agree, whoever it was who shouted out, it could have just been an isolated incident which was ignored, but it seemed like too many used it as an excuse to start up the usual chants - wonder of the reaction would have been the same at a three o clock kick off?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes, I tend to agree, whoever it was who shouted out, it could have just been an isolated incident which was ignored, but it seemed like too many used it as an excuse to start up the usual chants - wonder of the reaction would have been the same at a three o clock kick off?
    Yeah, I agree.

I should imagine it may have gone a little better. That said, I thought the whole evening was fantastic in general. We all know what the worst excesses of alcohol look like, and I genuinely wondered what Canton would be like when I got there around teatime, but I found the atmosphere to be great allround.

Easiest thing is to just not have a minutes silence, particularly when the event has little connection to football in the UK.

I think we can all show sympathy and agree it's a tragedy without having to get thousands of football fans to stand in silence.

Was there a collection for them? Even spending that minute showing a video advertising how to donate would have been more beneficial.

I'm not blaming the Swansea lot but basically how I saw it playing out. You're right about City's reaction which was in my eyes the majority of the City crowd, which included my 10 year old who caught words' in his ear.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I'm not blaming the Swansea lot but basically how I saw it playing out. You're right about City's reaction which was in my eyes the majority of the City crowd, which included my 10 year old who caught words' in his ear.
    Yeah if I'm honest I thought we came out of it worse, but there we go.

Rugby World Cup isn't doing minutes silences and I'm not sure it's necessary really. Obviously should have been respected nonetheless.

Ha, good lesson for your boy there 👍

Yeah if I'm honest I thought we came out of it worse, but there we go.

Rugby World Cup isn't doing minutes silences and I'm not sure it's necessary really. Obviously should have been respected nonetheless.

Ha, good lesson for your boy there 👍
    His lesson being, "I don't care if you chant You Jack Baastards, don't do it in the house and never in a minutes silence you knobhead."

Good parenting of sorts.