+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Great win but by far worst swansea side weve played for 20 plus years

Great win but by far worst swansea side weve played for 20 plus years

Will duff last the week? Their fans told him where to go when he tried to applaud them. Worst side weve played for a while.

Re: Great win but by far worst swansea side weve played for 20 plus years

I hope he gets an extension

Swansea have punched above their weight for years

You can only beat what's in front of you

Cardiff City 2 Bonnie Tyler's Brothel 0

International

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Will duff last the week? Their fans told him where to go when he tried to applaud them. Worst side weve played for a while.
    We were very good second half, they were shocking and offered nothing and would have lost five nil if they'd had Allsop in goal their keeper stopped a five niler.

I think he'll be gone by next week it would be a shame he will take them down if he stays.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    We were very good second half, they were shocking and offered nothing and would have lost five nil if they'd had Allsop in goal their keeper stopped a five niler.

I think he'll be gone by next week it would be a shame he will take them down if he stays.
    Yeah i cant see how hes still their manager this time next week. Wonder who will replace him?

You cant put a performance in like that after the start to the season they have had. Long season to go but id say they are more likely to be playing wrexham and maybe newport next season than we are.

International

Yeah i cant see how hes still their manager this time next week. Wonder who will replace him?

You cant put a performance in like that after the start to the season they have had. Long season to go but id say they are more likely to be playing wrexham and maybe newport next season than we are.
    I hope you're right, that would make my year if they went down

I'm sure when they've beaten us over recent seasons after we've put in awful performances that they didn't temper their enjoyment by focussing on how bad we were. They just enjoyed the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    I'm sure when they've beaten us over recent seasons after we've put in awful performances that they didn't temper their enjoyment by focussing on how bad we were. They just enjoyed the moment.
    Thats not to say ramsey et al wouldnt have beaten other swansea sides.

Just my observation that if they dont improve they will be in league 1 next season.

Just my observation that if they dont improve they will be in league 1 next season.
    Hopefully 🤞 back where they belong

I was surprised by how deep and defensive they set up which looked like they were keeping it tight and then hoping to nick one or two later on. It seemed like they didn't think they could get at us like in previous years and we didn't let them anyway. All feathers in our cap, I think.

I agree. They look like a relegation side but they won't go down. Too good.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I agree. They look like a relegation side but they won't go down. Too good.
    Based on what? They’re the worst side we’ve played by a street. Wednesday looked way more threatening.

they've played some pretty dismal Cardiff City sides in that time too, you can only play what's in front of you, and they are cabbage..

International

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Based on what? They’re the worst side we’ve played by a street. Wednesday looked way more threatening.

I agree, they could definitely go down, they offered nothing, they have QPR and Sheffield Wednesday next then some much tougher games, so it's nice to send them into them, depressed disheartened, worried, and in terrible form.

They didn’t have Piroe, simple as.

With four signings on deadline day and a fortnight to work on things on he training pitch, I thought Swansea would be much better than they turned out - a very concerning performance if you're a jack.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    With four signings on deadline day and a fortnight to work on things on he training pitch, I thought Swansea would be much better than they turned out - a very concerning performance if you're a jack.
    I couldn't believe how deep they played, they backed off and allowed us to play the ball out from the back unchallenged until we were near their half, no press whatsoever, haven't they watched us and learned how to beat us?

Shame he is unlikely to last the week. The jacks are universal in their dislike for him. He was never the right appointment for them.

It was role reversal last night. They just hit long hopeful balls forward and looked like a team without a plan. They had no style of play whatsoever.From Swanselona to that. Hilarious.

We just wanted it more and 2nd half especially played some lovely stuff.

A bit odd last night. OK, the Jacks aren't pressing us from the off, probably see out the 1st 15-20 minutes - take the sting out of the game, and then ramp things up. Still long balls, losing possession, putting passes out of play. Kept waiting for it but nothing. When we scored I thought now they'll be in our faces for a while, but nothing. Not to take anything away from how we controlled the game, but they were anonymous.
    how good are City, how bad are the Jacks ? Too early to say but on that showing there's not much of a gap, if any..

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    I was surprised by how deep and defensive they set up which looked like they were keeping it tight and then hoping to nick one or two later on. It seemed like they didn't think they could get at us like in previous years and we didn't let them anyway. All feathers in our cap, I think.
    I think that's more to do with the way we pressed them higher up the field, something we've failed to do against them for too long

It is what it is ..! Past couple of seasons average ( as they weren’t top 6 in Championship) Swansea teams have turned us over and we didn’t help ourselves with red cards , poor defending and insipid performances……last night boot was on the other foot ! Enjoy it !