+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ollie Tanner - our greatest derby goal in many seasons

Re: Ollie Tanner - our greatest derby goal in many seasons

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Let’s see if he can keep it going. Don’t get carried away,just because he scored a goal against a really poor Swansea team,who never looked like winning. As Welsh Derbies go, both teams contributed to a poor spectacle. Home advantage made the difference.
    You must be great fun at funerals.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I was joking, but I think Bellamy’s was the better goal, it was a lovely move and a great finish.
    I wasn't saying Tanner's was a better goal, but under the circumstances for him to do that, I think was better than Beller's finish.

On the point of it being poor defending, I’d say Tymon almost made up Tanner’s mind for him, still a fine finish though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    The confidence is what impressed me most. Just come on, very little game time, yet he has the belief to take the player on and buzz the ball across the keeper. Plenty of seasoned pro's would passed that one on.
    The first touch to control a great ball from Collins was superb for someone fresh on and in pretty grim conditions

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    The first touch to control a great ball from Collins was superb for someone fresh on and in pretty grim conditions
    Mentioning the conditions, I remember saying to Mrs HaB with about 10 minutes to go and it was lashing down, if the pitch had got waterlogged and the ref stopped the game, there would have been 20,000+ volunteers to clear the pitch of water, unlike at Rotherham last season.

Quote Originally Posted by islandblue View Post
    Me to. We were 1-3 down with less than 10 mins left. Peter Kitchen scored and the rest is history. Yesterday was as good though.
    That was a truly fantastic goal - a very short run up and a blast from miles out. After staring defeat in the face, it sparked mayhem on the Bob Bank.

‘Millar From The Halfway Line’...’Millar From The Halfway Line’.

Quote Originally Posted by 79blue View Post
    For us oldies no other goal in the derby will eclipse John Buchanan’s 35 yard screamer in 1980. It was one of those moments when the crowd seemed to freeze briefly before erupting when the reality of what had just happened sunk in,
    Finally someone gets it right.

I hope we use him right moving forward. Don’t think he’s ready to start games yet but bringing him on in any game at all square is going to get the fans excited and he will want the ball every time