+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Atmosphere.

Atmosphere.

Can we finally put the debate on the back burner now , thought it was superb throughout the game.

Re: Atmosphere.

i thought it was awsome, late kick off miserable wet night the fans were great

2nd half there was a belief all around that something was brewing and tanner came on and the kettle boiled..

it was one of those times you could hear the roars from miles around like when i 1st did as a little boy growing up on lansdowne rd

fans with there tops off waving them above there heads... fantastic

Saw someone say no coincidence the only time we can beat them at home is a night/later game. Could actually be something in that.

Lot of panic about the 7.45 saturday. I thought it was great and wouldnt mind every game being that time. I much prefer night games. They just smell and feel different.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Saw someone say no coincidence the only time we can beat them at home is a night/later game. Could actually be something in that.

Lot of panic about the 7.45 saturday. I thought it was great and wouldnt mind every game being that time. I much prefer night games. They just smell and feel different.
    Spot on about that 7:45 on a Saturday at home helped us a lot the fans were right up for it and you can see from interviews since the management and players loved it!

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Spot on about that 7:45 on a Saturday at home helped us a lot the fans were right up for it and you can see from interviews since the management and players loved it!
    Yes they looked nervous, for midday church like ko’s they always looked far happier. Love night games

Perhaps it can put to bed the drivel about who goes where in the ground. If it’s a good event the atmosphere is there.

It was only a good atmosphere due to its Derby / Hatred content ..

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Can we finally put the debate on the back burner now , thought it was superb throughout the game.
    Let's be honest - last night had a pantomime atmosphere to it - loved the messages from players from the Jacks and us. Every jack was booed and every city player cheered.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Let's be honest - last night had a pantomime atmosphere to it - loved the messages from players from the Jacks and us. Every jack was booed and every city player cheered.
    Have to admit one of those that shouldnt have been funny as was an anti racism message i believe and obviously the whole point is it doesnt matter what side you are on the message is the same but i couldnt help but chuckle.

When I was in my youth....early sixties...night games were always my favourite for atmosphere......

I remember my namesake breaking his collarbone...early 60's..but for the life of me I cannot remember against whom. I thought it was againt Everton..but cannot confirm....I DO know that Derek Tapscott went in goal and we held out 3-2....(no subs then...)

After last night my glass is 7/8 full!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post

Night games are always the best for atmosphere.

Much prefer CCS to Ninian Park but I wish we’d have moved the floodlights over the road. Seeing them from a distance lit up was mesmerising. Saying that I loved seeing seeing them from a distance on non match days, so iconic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Night games are always the best for atmosphere.
    An extra have a dozen pints per person always helps

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    An extra have a dozen pints per person always helps
    How dare you I only had the five and drive allowance if you don't mind 😂😂

Best atmosphere for 3/4 years certainly. Really enjoyed it.

I'm not sure where it leaves the wider atmosphere debate tbh, as it was an atypical game. Will be interesting to see how it is tomorrow night.

Notable that different parts of the ground created atmosphere. Makes a real difference having some people stood in the Ninian stand. I know that will annoy some, but I feel the club should tolerate it so that people are aware and can move if necessary.

Pleased to see plenty of exuberance (incl from myself) but no trouble too, as I had been apprehensive about the kick off time. In fact I didn't really feel Canton was that chaotic at all tbh.

Manic in the Queen’s Vaults before the game, good atmosphere though. A few groups of women in rugby shirts wondering what the hell was going on when during the rugby match every so often City songs were being belted out, they were most probably yearning for a Yoggi, Yoggi, Yoggi I didn’t get in there until about half four, Dear God there were some states in there at that time.

Many fans, probably on both sides, were very sceptical about the match being played in the evening. What it did show is that these fixtures can pass off without any serious trouble (with a bubble in place) and they can generate a brilliant atmosphere. Sky must have loved it and it wouldn't surprise me if the return fixture is at a similar time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Many fans, probably on both sides, were very sceptical about the match being played in the evening. What it did show is that these fixtures can pass off without any serious trouble (with a bubble in place) and they can generate a brilliant atmosphere. Sky must have loved it and it wouldn't surprise me if the return fixture is at a similar time.
    The trouble will be tonight when Tank and the 300 Den Hag fan’s turn up
    Maybe they’ll think twice about letting him organise the travel arrangements 😀

International

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    When I was in my youth....early sixties...night games were always my favourite for atmosphere......

I remember my namesake breaking his collarbone...early 60's..but for the life of me I cannot remember against whom. I thought it was againt Everton..but cannot confirm....I DO know that Derek Tapscott went in goal and we held out 3-2....(no subs then...)

After last night my glass is 7/8 full!!!!
    Tapscott's Daughter was in my class, very smart at 10!

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    What if there had been no bubble, are we ready for that yet?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    What if there had been no bubble, are we ready for that yet?
    No

I think a more relaxed bubble is fine

Pick ups in say Swansea, neath , port talbot and a chance for fans of Swansea who live in Cardiff or Bristol or wherever to make their own way to the ground ?

It's absolutely ridiculous that cardiff fans living in Port talbot have to travel to Cardiff to travel back into Swansea

And the stupid times fans have to leave in these convoys ?

If the police can't be a bit looser with these arrangements then you have to ask if they are up to the job

I think however the coach or you can't go sorry in general takes away the chances of small groups travelling for bother or extra conflict at the train stations

You can't blame the police for wanting it all via coach travel , its easier police but it does seem bad management that by now they can't make it easier