+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Perry Ng.

Perry Ng.

Could have been a completely different outcome if Ng’s ridiculous attempt to take a Swansea players shirt off from an early corner had been spotted - still think he’s one of our better players, but he does have his mad moments.

Re: Perry Ng.

Yes, it was a tad rash. Agree he is one of the better players as is Collins who I thought had an excellent game and not received the full credit he deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Could have been a completely different outcome if Ng’s ridiculous attempt to take a Swansea players shirt off from an early corner had been spotted - still think he’s one of our better players, but he does have his mad moments.
    But is he worth £3m

he does, hes alomst our new day physco... not quite lol

but he does deliver a good ball, scored a wonder goal, but yeah i recon all deffenders have to have that multiple mentality

but yes when it happened i was like oh hell no here we go again (robinson)

Pressure got to him

Stupid

He said in the post match conference that he was tempted to sing with the fans.

I hope So long as it wasn't the hymns and hairy arse one

I thought he would turn out to be a decent player for us, not so sure now, gone backwards IMO.

I said to my daughter last night that as we get better and slowly improve the squad Perry and Wintle will drift into squad players.

One of our better players of the last few seasons but the squad quality is improving and i reckon Bulut will start getting annoyed at the turnovers both of them give

Was thinking that myself Paul. Lad does have bad discipline at times. A bit ropey defensively at times too, especially with the ball in the air. I prefer Romeo at RB.
    Spedger

NG has the desire I wish they all had .. he is committed, if that ends badly in some game hey ho , majority of time we get a positiveness and effort..

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    NG has the desire I wish they all had .. he is committed, if that ends badly in some game hey ho , majority of time we get a positiveness and effort..
    Or they could act like Ramsey and not do the mental faux hard man stuff Ng does.

I'm not so sure he's too great as a full back. Probably inches it over Romeo but when the opportunity arises I think we should seek better. Maybe a useful squad player.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I'm not so sure he's too great as a full back. Probably inches it over Romeo but when the opportunity arises I think we should seek better. Maybe a useful squad player.
    I'd agree with this, although I think he's a lot better than Romeo who is poor. Romeo is an average winger playing at Full Back because he can't get a game on the wing. His positional sense and reaction time is a complete liability at this level.

How about a cheeky loan move move Neco Williams? We'd have to make Bowler's move a permanent one.

International

Goutas is the weakest link, I think NG next in line, it's lovely to have a solid left back. we've been weak there for years, teams are attacking our right now, Tanner will need to learn to help out.

I don't think Ng is a weak link at all, his passing from the back and when he steps into midfield are a huge asset. Only Ramsey has made more progressive passes so far this season.
    People are rightly applauding Collins' ball to tanner for the goal on the weekend, but Ng has produced several equally good deliveries this season already, just the person receiving them hasn't gone on to score.
    He does have the capacity to do something idiotic though.

he's not as effective as a traditional fullback or wingback as he doesn't have the electric pace of a Giles or Drameh but that doesn't mean he isn't contributing a lot to what we do going forward. I don't think he's weak defensively as a fullback either, when he's played as one of 2 centre backs then we've seen him struggle at times but I can't think of too many occasions as a fullback.
    perhaps his best position is in a back 3 on the right of the 3, and if we were to make him available I'm sure there would be plenty of clubs at this level wanting to snap him up.

I would definitely pick him ahead of Romeo, who has been a bit disappointing of late.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I don't think Ng is a weak link at all, his passing from the back and when he steps into midfield are a huge asset. Only Ramsey has made more progressive passes so far this season.
    People are rightly applauding Collins' ball to tanner for the goal on the weekend, but Ng has produced several equally good deliveries this season already, just the person receiving them hasn't gone on to score.
    He does have the capacity to do something idiotic though.

he's not as effective as a traditional fullback or wingback as he doesn't have the electric pace of a Giles or Drameh but that doesn't mean he isn't contributing a lot to what we do going forward. I don't think he's weak defensively as a fullback either, when he's played as one of 2 centre backs then we've seen him struggle at times but I can't think of too many occasions as a fullback.
    perhaps his best position is in a back 3 on the right of the 3, and if we were to make him available I'm sure there would be plenty of clubs at this level wanting to snap him up.

I would definitely pick him ahead of Romeo, who has been a bit disappointing of late.
    Nice summation, I agree

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Goutas is the weakest link, I think NG next in line, it's lovely to have a solid left back. we've been weak there for years, teams are attacking our right now, Tanner will need to learn to help out.
    He’s arrived in a new country, new league and learning a new language
    Give him time to settle in FFS

International

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    He’s arrived in a new country, new league and learning a new language
    Give him time to settle in FFS
    I am, Just pointing out that Goutas, NG, and Ugbo are just not quite as capable as the rest, but I like them all, they all show good effort and try as hard as they can, I'm just pointing out where we could improve if we want to move up the table

Fantastic tonight, definitely a man of the match candidate.

Best game I’ve seen Ng play for us last night - if he cuts out the hard man stuff, he’s one of our best players and I’d take his crossing from some areas of the pitch over anyone else in the squad (honestly don’t think there’s many better in the division when the balls played back to him in a position just outside the penalty area on the right). He was my man of the match last night.

I am, Just pointing out that Goutas, NG, and Ugbo are just not quite as capable as the rest, but I like them all, they all show good effort and try as hard as they can, I'm just pointing out where we could improve if we want to move up the table
    Based on last night’s performance, I don’t think Ng or Goutas are our weakest link’s

International

Based on last night’s performance, I don’t think Ng or Goutas are our weakest link’s
    They were both very good last night they played well, if they keep it up definitely

Bulut has switched McGuiness left and Goutas right, that definitely seems to suit Guitas much better, well done NG, Goutas, and Bulut!

They were both very good last night they played well, if they keep it up definitely

Bulut has switched McGuiness left and Goutas right, that definitely seems to suit Guitas much better, well done NG, Goutas, and Bulut!
    I think Bulut could be the real deal for us, there’s going to be a few disappointments along the way but I can see us finishing in a decent position this season and building on that for next year.

I still believe he needs a couple of transfer windows to get his squad exactly how he wants it
    As it stands though I think he’s doing exceptionally well.
    I was surprised on the way to the ground to see the line up, and wondered how we were going to create chances with the midfield three?

I’m reality though we could have been 3 or 4 up by half time

International

I think Bulut could be the real deal for us, there’s going to be a few disappointments along the way but I can see us finishing in a decent position this season and building on that for next year.

I still believe he needs a couple of transfer windows to get his squad exactly how he wants it
    As it stands though I think he’s doing exceptionally well.
    I was surprised on the way to the ground to see the line up, and wondered how we were going to create chances with the midfield three?

I’m reality though we could have been 3 or 4 up by half time
    They were superb, we caused them loads of problems, Moore or Kaba would have scored a goal or two last night, hopefully, Ugbo will latch on to a few crosses on Sunday!