+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Russell Brand.

Russell Brand.

Don’t know if these accusations are true or not, but there seems to be plenty on social media who are insistent there’s nothing to them - as far as I can seen, this judgement is being made solely on political grounds in most cases.

Re: Russell Brand.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Don’t know if these accusations are true or not, but there seems to be plenty on social media who are insistent there’s nothing to them - as far as I can seen, this judgement is being made solely on political grounds in most cases.

I thought I saw testimony from women who have stated what he did to them. He will say it was all consensual.
    Not sure that is a defence - especially if one of the women was 16.
    Russell Brand is the same person that had sex with the grand daughter of Andrew Sachs - and then did or tried to phone him up to tell him - class act.

Either way - people who like him will still go to his shows (if anyone will book him) and people who dont approve of his actions wont go to his shows.

Sounds like he's going to be a bit busy over the next few months.

There will be plenty who believe Brand is the victim of a ‘hatchet job’ because of his views but the person pedalling that view more than anyone is Brand himself.

Well he may or not be a nice person but is he guilty of serious sexual assault ?

He hasn't even been arrested yet

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well he may or not be a nice person but is he guilty of serious sexual assault ?

He hasn't even been arrested yet
    Neither was Jimmy Savile.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Neither was Jimmy Savile.
    But that's captain hindsight again

IF brand is guilty of sexual assaults then where were all these friends of these victims , the BBC , Channel 4 and have the police been informed

The Dispatches film making team reached out to lots of those who worked with Brand

If they knew what he was up to why has only one talked about these allegations publicly ?

If he's a serial sex offender he's the guilty man but there's a lot of people who have gone missing in action

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    But that's captain hindsight again

IF brand is guilty of sexual assaults then where were all these friends of these victims , the BBC , Channel 4 and have the police been informed

The Dispatches film making team reached out to lots of those who worked with Brand

If they knew what he was up to why has only one talked about these allegations publicly ?

If he's a serial sex offender he's the guilty man but there's a lot of people who have gone missing in action
    Exactly the same as with Savile then.

Bob Geldof’s not a fan anyway.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ards-2006.html

I watched the Disptaches on Channel 4 and I' m not sure either way. He does not come off well at all in it.

All of the accusers hid their identity, and on every case he was already in a sexual relationship with them, but they've taken 10 years to make the allegations through the media, nothing has been raised to the police. While I agree its wrong, the 16 year admits it was legal (consensual sex at 16), but claims that in hindsight that she feels the law shouldn't allow it.

They draw on a lot of content from his stand up shows and book entries to corroborate the claims. He has always been open about his sexual attitude and behaviour, and he was voted shagger of the year 3 years on the bounce. 1000's of women were contacted by the media to dig up dirt, and there's videos online of ex partners saying they were contacted by The Times and Channel 4 but their accounts were not used as it didn't fit the narrative. There's a lack of a dissenting voice.

But he was clearly a narcissistic sex addict. They claimed he was bedding 5 girls a day on a working, women from the audience or staff. Things were different 15 years ago. Questions have to be put to the industry, who appeared to allow his behaviour.

There's the conspiracy theorists claiming he was too close to 'the truth', he has been talking openly about things like how taxpayers funded the vaccines, but big pharma have taken all the profits, creating dozens of billionaires. The timing of this does make you wonder, when the reporting against Prince Andrew, Epstein, even Huw Edwards and Schofield, is/was so much softer.

We'll see if police investigate, some of the claims are really serious, which makes it all the more odd they have not reported it to the police first.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I watched the Disptaches on Channel 4 and I' m not sure either way. He does not come off well at all in it.

All of the accusers hid their identity, and on every case he was already in a sexual relationship with them, but they've taken 10 years to make the allegations through the media, nothing has been raised to the police. While I agree its wrong, the 16 year admits it was legal (consensual sex at 16), but claims that in hindsight that she feels the law shouldn't allow it.

They draw on a lot of content from his stand up shows and book entries to corroborate the claims. He has always been open about his sexual attitude and behaviour, and he was voted shagger of the year 3 years on the bounce. 1000's of women were contacted by the media to dig up dirt, and there's videos online of ex partners saying they were contacted by The Times and Channel 4 but their accounts were not used as it didn't fit the narrative. There's a lack of a dissenting voice.

But he was clearly a narcissistic sex addict. They claimed he was bedding 5 girls a day on a working, women from the audience or staff. Things were different 15 years ago. Questions have to be put to the industry, who appeared to allow his behaviour.

There's the conspiracy theorists claiming he was too close to 'the truth', he has been talking openly about things like how taxpayers funded the vaccines, but big pharma have taken all the profits, creating dozens of billionaires. The timing of this does make you wonder, when the reporting against Prince Andrew, Epstein, even Huw Edwards and Schofield, is/was so much softer.

We'll see if police investigate, some of the claims are really serious, which makes it all the more odd they have not reported it to the police first.
    In error.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post

Was the reporting against Epstein and Andrew softer? They took a right pasting in the press, and rightly so, because they are disgusting vermin.

As for Huw Edwards, what he is meant to have got up to is nothing compared to what the other 3 have been accused of. He got an absolute hammering for a few naughty pics.

Yes there's a circus around these brand allegations, but i'd hardly say he's copping it worse than the other 3 you mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Was the reporting against Epstein and Andrew softer? They took a right pasting in the press, and rightly so, because they are disgusting vermin.

As for Huw Edwards, what he is meant to have got up to is nothing compared to what the other 3 have been accused of. He got an absolute hammering for a few naughty pics.

Yes there's a circus around these brand allegations, but i'd hardly say he's copping it worse than the other 3 you mentioned
    Epstein was arrested (2nd time!!! in 2019) 4 years on his the client list still hasn't been officially revealed, I wonder why.
    Clue, the flight logs of the Lolita Express would be a good place to start!!!.

It wasn't until after his arrest and conviction that Epstein got pelters. Prince Andrew gets a big fat pass.

We could ask Katy Perry , married to this mouthy turd 2010-2012. Then he went on a spree of sexual abuse ( apparently)

They said that with regards to Hugh Edwards as well...

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    It's Huw.

Sadly if he is guilty the case could collapse due to the media frenzy his defence will argue he's been convicted in the public eye ,therefore no jury can deliver with an open mind . What's wrong with woman hanging with a well documented self-confessed sex addict

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    How did they?

There's a couple of sides to this story isn't there;

Firstly the public interest side; accusations made, insights given into his past, his personality and relationships etc. That is in the public interest in my opinion as they are serious or shocking, and that also goes for Phillip Schofield and Huw Edwards.

The other side is the legal side of it. Now the accusations are very serious but they are only accusations at this point. I can see why companies don't want to be associated with him at the moment, but I'm very uncomfortable with this removal of past programmes and things from websites.

Noel Clarke is currently using the guardian for Ł10m over similar stories.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-66122841

Kevin Spacey was also cleared of allegations against him
    https://www.theguardian.com/culture/...lting-four-men

I've no doubt Russell Brand has treated many women badly but we need to remember the principle of innocence until proven guilty and saying that isn't a defence of him, it's a defence of the rule of law and basic liberal society as we have known for centuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Epstein was arrested (2nd time!!! in 2019) 4 years on his the client list still hasn't been officially revealed, I wonder why.
    Clue, the flight logs of the Lolita Express would be a good place to start!!!.
    Ooooh would expose too many presidents nah lets lock up a Brits and put a prince in court , biggest USA cover up ever only ,thankfully they had some great UK scapegoats , not a single USA citizens was involved ,marvellous fair stuff ..

And yes Maxwell should be in jail along with many more ,sadly those ex presidents ,not Trump , and wives were immune .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Ooooh would expose too many presidents nah lets lock up a Brits and put a prince in court , biggest USA cover up ever only ,thankfully they had some great UK scapegoats , not a single USA citizens was involved ,marvellous fair stuff ..

And yes Maxwell should be in jail along with many more ,sadly those ex presidents ,not Trump , and wives were immune .
    Are there any Heddlu in the house?

If so, can a S.136 of the Mental Health Act be considered?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Didn’t Maxwell have links to Mossad ?

Will be interesting to see if the establishment go after Neil Oliver next, I'm hedging that a deep dive is already in play.
    Oliver has similar views to Brand on digital banking/currency, human trafficking, Vaccines etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Will be interesting to see if the establishment go after Neil Oliver next, I'm hedging that a deep dive is already in play.
    Oliver has similar views to Brand on digital banking/currency, human trafficking, Vaccines etc. etc.

The establishment. Jesus man you have a problem. The man's a creep, and his past is catching up with him. That's the beginning and end of the situation. Can't believe people fall for this crap.

The establishment. Jesus man you have a problem. The man's a creep, and his past is catching up with him. That's the beginning and end of the situation. Can't believe people fall for this crap.
    I'd say less are than I expected to. Besides the reaction to the allegations made in the programme over the weekend, I've also seen it suggested that Brand's change of persona when it comes to politics can be put down to a calculated decision to cultivate a different type of following as a preparation for what he knew was coming regarding the allegations as to his sexual behaviour, could it be that a proportion of those who have supported and followed him since he became an "anti establishment wellness guru" have realised that they were being used by someone who might just be a grifter out to exploit them?

I'd say less are than I expected to. Besides the reaction to the allegations made in the programme over the weekend, I've also seen it suggested that Brand's change of persona when it comes to politics can be put down to a calculated decision to cultivate a different type of following as a preparation for what he knew was coming regarding the allegations as to his sexual behaviour, could it be that a proportion of those who have supported and followed him since he became an "anti establishment wellness guru" have realised that they were being used by someone who might just be a grifter out to exploit them?
    Was reading something similar and thought it was quite an interesting idea. Certainly makes you wonder, must be useful for these people to have a ready made crowd that will believe they are being persecuted for 'telling the truth'.

I do also wonder with Brand if it's just a case of him being so narcissistic and egotistical that he thinks he's better than others, leading to him thinking he knows better than 'the experts' and that he can do what he wants with women.