+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Russell Brand.

Re: Russell Brand.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'd say less are than I expected to. Besides the reaction to the allegations made in the programme over the weekend, I've also seen it suggested that Brand's change of persona when it comes to politics can be put down to a calculated decision to cultivate a different type of following as a preparation for what he knew was coming regarding the allegations as to his sexual behaviour, could it be that a proportion of those who have supported and followed him since he became an "anti establishment wellness guru" have realised that they were being used by someone who might just be a grifter out to exploit them?
    Ironically enough, that theory on Brand is itself a conspiracy theory, no?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Ironically enough, that theory on Brand is itself a conspiracy theory, no?
    Yes it is, us sheeple are also allowed to indulge occasionally you know.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    The establishment. Jesus man you have a problem. The man's a creep, and his past is catching up with him. That's the beginning and end of the situation. Can't believe people fall for this crap.
    Yes The establishment, if you do not think it exists then you have a problem, I wouldn't piss on the bloke if he was on fire, from what I have read, complaints were made years ago but amounted to nothing, (he was in the establishment then and just like the Epstein client list has been protected) but he's been gobbing off on things that he shouldn't, has crossed the line so he's been reeled in, yes his past is catching up with him but IMO, if he'd not being going on about vaccines n'stuff then business as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes it is, us sheeple are also allowed to indulge occasionally you know.
    You are all as bad as eachother!

What seems strange is that Huw Edwards engages a 17 year old boy to perform on a web cam - the bbc said they couldnt reveal the name, no media outlets were allowed to reveal his name - until Edwards wife tells everyone.

Russell Brand - someone makes an allegation - The dispatches program then repeats those allegations and the media and bbc are all over it like a rash.

Seems some what double standards to me.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    What seems strange is that Huw Edwards engages a 17 year old boy to perform on a web cam - the bbc said they couldnt reveal the name, no media outlets were allowed to reveal his name - until Edwards wife tells everyone.

Russell Brand - someone makes an allegation - The dispatches program then repeats those allegations and the media and bbc are all over it like a rash.

Seems some what double standards to me.
    The Russell Brand story was a joint investigation by the Times, Sunday Times and Dispatches over several years. One of the Times journos even had a year off in the middle to have a baby then rejoined the investigation. Not sure when the allegation you mentioned was made, but the article and programme have certainly encouraged more to come forward.
    I haven't heard if any others have come forward with allegations about Huw Edwards, so it doesn't seem like double standards to me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    The Russell Brand story was a joint investigation by the Times, Sunday Times and Dispatches over several years. One of the Times journos even had a year off in the middle to have a baby then rejoined the investigation. Not sure when the allegation you mentioned was made, but the article and programme have certainly encouraged more to come forward.
    I haven't heard if any others have come forward with allegations about Huw Edwards, so it doesn't seem like double standards to me.
    Internal bbc staff have made complaints about Edwards but nothing was done - according a very good friend who works at the beeb in cardiff. internal investigation though not criminal.

So if it's an investigation about an allegation - then they can broadcast it no matter what. But if a kid's parents complaining to bbc and the Police - then it cant be reported on ? - I find that strange.

Seems the great anti establishment man Russell Brand has friends in high places.

CAN WE MERGE THESE TWO THREADS PLEASE