+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sexual violence adviser harassed at Cardiff-Swansea football game

Sexual violence adviser harassed at Cardiff-Swansea football game

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-66842202

Wales' national adviser on sexual violence has described how she was sexually harassed by a man at a football match.

Re: Sexual violence adviser harassed at Cardiff-Swansea football game

Totally unacceptable

Why didnt anyone around her sort this bloke out???

International

Not acceptable, he'll get caught and could be in real trouble.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...naded-27689971

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Not acceptable, he'll get caught and could be in real trouble.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...naded-27689971
    Sorry but whats the purpose of your link? Pathetic to compare rugby and football on something like this. Theres obviously good and bad in fanbases of both sports.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Totally unacceptable
    You cant have it both ways Mr Mysogyny

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You cant have it both ways Mr Mysogyny
    Even coming from you that's a pathetic comment on a very serious thread

Sort yourself out

International

Sorry but whats the purpose of your link? Pathetic to compare rugby and football on something like this. Theres obviously good and bad in fanbases of both sports.
    It's showing it can take many forms, and sparking debate, or is one fine and the other unacceptable?

Even coming from you that's a pathetic comment on a very serious thread

Sort yourself out
    Its because of middle aged neanderthals like you, that think its ok to joke about sexually objectify the opposite sex, that breeds and normalises the kind of behaviour observed in the OP.

You have a think about that and sort yourself out and the next time you start a thread objectifying a woman you might think twice.

It's showing it can take many forms, and sparking debate, or is one fine and the other unacceptable?
    Pathetic whataboutery.

It appears that this woman was part of the fun and was consenting in the adulation

If she wasn't it would have been abusive

In the case of the alleged incident at the stadium it appears the man was drunk was told his attention wasn't wanted .....and I don't think most men would even behave like that in the first place .....then instead of apologising he persisted

Big difference between the rugby event and this incident although there are plenty of dodgy drunk blokes at the rugby

That's my view

Its because of middle aged neanderthals like you, that think its ok to joke about sexually objectify the opposite sex, that breeds and normalises the kind of behaviour observed in the OP.

You have a think about that and sort yourself out and the next time you start a thread objectifying a woman you might think twice.
    Don't be so pathetic

It's a piss take of myself more than anything else you soppy clown

And you are using this as a disingenuous bully not for any welfare of women

International

It appears that this woman was part of the fun and was consenting in the adulation

If she wasn't it would have been abusive

In the case of the alleged incident at the stadium it appears the man was drunk was told his attention wasn't wanted .....and I don't think most men would even behave like that in the first place .....then instead of apologising he persisted

Big difference between the rugby event and this incident although there are plenty of dodgy drunk blokes at the rugby

That's my view
    I think that the Wales' national adviser on sexual violence, would probably have a different view.

I think that the Wales' national adviser on sexual violence, would probably have a different view.
    I agree , she might have

I think if the TV reporter says she felt offended and went along with it because she felt awkward then there might be a case

But I think it may have been a typical case of rugby high spirits ?

International

I agree , she might have

I think if the TV reporter says she felt offended and went along with it because she felt awkward then there might be a case

But I think it may have been a typical case of rugby high spirits ?
    I would imagine most Welsh journalistic approaches would be high jinks at rugby and offensive at football.

High jinks at rugby, offensive at the football, I would imagine most Welsh journalistic approaches would be.
    I think it's fair to suggest that it's likely the TV presenter wasn't offended and may have been flattered by the public adulation bordering on a bit cringeworthy

But a bloke coming on to a woman sitting on her own after he's had a few beers and perhaps being very explicit and being persistent .......is very threatening ?

All things being equal it's a very different situation ?

International

I think it's fair to suggest that it's likely the TV presenter wasn't offended and may have been flattered by the public adulation bordering on a bit cringeworthy

But a bloke coming on to a woman sitting on her own after he's had a few beers and perhaps being very explicit and being persistent .......is very threatening ?

All things being equal it's a very different situation ?
    Yes I'd agree

One is 100% really bad and he will face action, the other is a modern situation that 10 years ago was a bit of fun, but these days is not right and could offend some women.

Yes I'd agree

One is 100% really bad and he will face action, the other is a modern situation that 10 years ago was a bit of fun, but these days is not right and could offend some women.
    I think that it's difficult for society to decide what's offensive

Plenty of women will have been watching that Welsh TV reporter and thought it was a good laugh and plenty would never go anywhere near that sort of thing and find it intimidating

I would be very surprised if any action can be taken against this bloke who is alleged to have intimidated this woman unless they have it on cctv

That's not to say it didn't happen it clearly did

This may be very controversial these days but she’s not exactly ‘playing down’ her femininity considering she’s out and about with a rugby crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    This may be very controversial these days but she’s not exactly ‘playing down’ her femininity considering she’s out and about with a rugby crowd.
    It's her right to do that though it is argued

There are women however who think she's not doing their cause for equal treatment any good however

Sara Elgan posted it on her Instagram page. The case with the woman in the CCS couldn't be more different.

Need to be careful not to conflate the two and I respect of the Sara Elgan video, not all women think the same about this kind of thing. Dont want to live in a puritanical society

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Sara Elgan posted it on her Instagram page. The case with the woman in the CCS couldn't be more different.

Need to be careful not to conflate the two and I respect of the Sara Elgan video, not all women think the same about this kind of thing. Dont want to live in a puritanical society
    Isn't she doing her part to objectify women ?

Plenty of people think she is , including plenty of women

I think that it's difficult for society to decide what's offensive

Plenty of women will have been watching that Welsh TV reporter and thought it was a good laugh and plenty would never go anywhere near that sort of thing and find it intimidating

I would be very surprised if any action can be taken against this bloke who is alleged to have intimidated this woman unless they have it on cctv

That's not to say it didn't happen it clearly did
    it also has to do with where the power dynamic lies in each situation.
    experienced broadcaster, with their own camera crew etc can probably shut those guys right down if she wants to. someone on their own in a stadium with a strange bloke giving them unwanted attention is a very different dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    it also has to do with where the power dynamic lies in each situation.
    experienced broadcaster, with their own camera crew etc can probably shut those guys right down if she wants to. someone on their own in a stadium with a strange bloke giving them unwanted attention is a very different dynamic.
    Agreed

I woudl like to see some footage of this before sending the bloke to heel and back ,and where are the witnesses , the stadium was hardly empty ,strange reaction from the steward , had he or she been drinking , if he touched inappropriately how was that done ?

Was he drunk ,loud , leary ,did she turn and say something ,then then the plonker in a very drunken manner was overly apologetic and stupid in his actions ,very strange story ..............

Could anyone who witnessed said event please step forward