+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Senedd: 36 more Welsh Parliament members could cost extra £18m

Re: Senedd: 36 more Welsh Parliament members could cost extra £18m

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza16 View Post
    I agree it seems like a big jump in numbers, looking at it plainly I think it's due to them knowing how unpopular it will be (and always will be) and would rather overstep the mark, powers will continue to grow and may be easier in the long run than to come back in the next election for another 10-15 for example.

Another thing is the reduction of Welsh MPs by 20% means Wales will get an even smaller say in Westminster so there may be a bigger need to bolster the Senedd incase of any more attacks on devolution.
    I think given the economic climate trying to increase the size of the Welsh assembly is taking the piss

To me it seems like the quality of members and the efficiency of the assembly needs to shape up before we increase the size

Isn't that obvious ?

Worthless second tier politicians lead by a man who is a disgrace., even top Council Chief Executives think he is appalling and holding back Wales . Get rid of the lot . The Welsh Office were ten times better than this lot and better value for money.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Worthless second tier politicians lead by a man who is a disgrace., even top Council Chief Executives think he is appalling and holding back Wales . Get rid of the lot . The Welsh Office were ten times better than this lot and better value for money.
    Well if that came from someone politically neutral it might be worthy of discussion