+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 20mph online petition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 20mph online petition

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Isn't it better for them not to step into the road at all though?

They don't make the trains travel at 20, because some idiots may want to cross the track before the train comes.

How about the planes are Cardiff airport, shouldn't they try and take off at twenty as if they hit someone on the runway they will be less hurt?

It's a load of bollox and abuse of power!
    Last time I looked there weren't pavements full of pedestrians alongside runways or rail tracks, with vehicles parked up blocking their view.

Isn’t the whole point that it’s easier to brake and avoid a collision altogether at 20mph?

I've heard a lot of people saying that they've found a lot more congestion and traffic today and yesterday.

I don't understand why that would be down to people doing 20 rather than 30, but no doubt I'm missing something really obvious?

I haven't noticed it being any different, but if I had, I'd have put it down to the fact that it's pissing down

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    I've heard a lot of people saying that they've found a lot more congestion and traffic today and yesterday.

I don't understand why that would be down to people doing 20 rather than 30, but no doubt I'm missing something really obvious?

I haven't noticed it being any different, but if I had, I'd have put it down to the fact that it's pissing down
    That’s true, Cardiff traffic grinds to a halt in the pissing down rain. More people, obviously, take the car. It’s been that way for ever.

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post

Could be little things like traffic light synchs not being looked at causing big knock on effects. The whole thing has been pretty poorly thought out.

International

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Isn’t the whole point that it’s easier to brake and avoid a collision altogether at 20mph?
    No the whole point is control and gimmicks, that's the excuse, otherwise why not 5mph, there would be less deaths again and it's far safer, or why not make cars illegal, no deaths?

It's nonsense, you know it, if Boris had suggested it you'd have had a heart attack, as it's drippy you're trying to make reasons to defend it.

No the whole point is control and gimmicks, that's the excuse, otherwise why not 5mph, there would be less deaths again and it's far safer, or why not make cars illegal, no deaths?

It's nonsense, you know it, if Boris had suggested it you'd have had a heart attack, as it's drippy you're trying to make reasons to defend it.
    ‘Drippy’, you lose all credibility with monikers like that and as for Boris, that’s just sycophantic nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    ‘Drippy’, you lose all credibility with monikers like that and as for Boris, that’s just sycophantic nonsense.
    Boris made a huge difference to London with his beautiful bikes

interesting fact :
    Of the Boris bikes first rolled out 10 years ago, 3,993 are still on the road today, although their parts will have been replaced to ensure they are safe and working well. A total of 6,654 cycles have been decommissioned since the scheme began because of reasons such as they've been lost, stolen or damaged beyond repair.

168,324 petiton signatures and counting ............

International

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I just read that its 68,000. If it gets to 100,000 the government is duty bound to debate it.

International

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I just read that its 68,000. If it gets to 100,000 the government is duty bound to debate it.
    Brilliant remember it's one signature per email address, I'll check if my XL Bully Satan (he's so soft and loves kids) wants to vote on his email, while he still can

It matters not, we live in a dictatorship, they don’t need to listen.

Not that long ago I branded Drakeford a despicable man....and my post got removed....
    Since then I think a lot worse has been said about him....

My further comment is that he needs to be sectioned....he has no touch with reality.

I look forward to this being removed......

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Not that long ago I branded Drakeford a despicable man....and my post got removed....
    Since then I think a lot worse has been said about him....

My further comment is that he needs to be sectioned....he has no touch with reality.

I look forward to this being removed......
    I think it's hilarious the amount of anger he generates from certain posters on here

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think it's hilarious the amount of anger he generates from certain posters on here
    Seriously ? I've yet to meet someone outside of Pontcanna who doesn't think he's an utter tw*t.

People v Government v Democracy v Freedom To Chose v Personal Responsibility , something Labour struggles with Brexit taught us that

People v Government v Democracy v Freedom To Chose v Personal Responsibility , something Labour struggles with Brexit taught us that
    what does this even mean?

International

402,799 people can't be wrong

Almost a week in, other than Monday morning I've not seen much difference and quite welcome the slightly slower traffic around Heath, I don't get to other areas much so cannot comment outside the Heath area, in the morning it's 20 along Heathwood road, and crossing over the lights at the birch to Ashburton Grove, 30 mph, then 40 mph to the motorway 70 mph to the MacArthur glen exit and 50 mph to final destination all bar about 300 yards, it's been much ado about very little, this does give me a little smile tho

International

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Almost a week in, other than Monday morning I've not seen much difference and quite welcome the slightly slower traffic around Heath, I don't get to other areas much so cannot comment outside the Heath area, in the morning it's 20 along Heathwood road, and crossing over the lights at the birch to Ashburton Grove, 30 mph, then 40 mph to the motorway 70 mph to the MacArthur glen exit and 50 mph to final destination all bar about 300 yards, it's been much ado about very little, this does give me a little smile tho

We understand, that some pensioners love it, but busy people hate it and are concerned about getting points and fines for traveling at very safe speeds on wide roads.

It does seem worse in and around Lisvane, Thornhill, Rhiwbina and Whitchurch, probably due to the trial, other areas people are ignoring it.

I just read that Lee Walters claimed £14,186.98 in car expenses... And £440 for train expenses for 3 trips...

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...aimed-26382933