+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: 20mph online petition

Re: 20mph online petition

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza16 View Post
    I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere but I think the move to electric cars is another reason this change has been brought in. Electric cars having no engine noise removing the chance of hearing cars pass by, the amount of people on their phones, not checking before stepping out, kids chasing a football into the street etc means I feel the amount of pedestrian v car collisions would naturally go up.

Maybe the idea is by reducing cars speed in all built up areas will negate this from happening as much?
    I haven't seen a kid chase a football into the street in 30 years,

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    If the person he was overtaking was going slower and he could pass at 20/22 on his speedo then he is quite entitled to do so.
    They weren’t….must have hit the dizzy heights of 30 at least….wild eh?

Despite what the Tory loons in the Senedd say its not a blanket ban.

Councils can allow roads to be 30.

Rather than repeat the same stuff over and over again on a football message board lobby the council.

How many have written or contacted their local council?

If you havent what do you expect to achieve?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    The problem with the 20mph speed limit ,or any other for that matter , is that it’s not a target, its “up to” the speed that’s been designated, so drivers are going to be driving slower than they should be alot of the time.
    and here is the issue, the old boy / Sunday driver who likes to drive slower than the speed limit might be doing 15mph

cyclists will be bombing past cars at that speed

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    and here is the issue, the old boy / Sunday driver who likes to drive slower than the speed limit might be doing 15mph

cyclists will be bombing past cars at that speed
    They are bombing past, and now starting to moan that it feels more dangerous as car drivers are behaving differently it’s freaking them out….you gotta laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Despite what the Tory loons in the Senedd say its not a blanket ban.

Councils can allow roads to be 30.

Rather than repeat the same stuff over and over again on a football message board lobby the council.

How many have written or contacted their local council?

If you havent what do you expect to achieve?
    It's not a ban at all. It's a lowering of the default speed limit. And it's a blanket lowering of the speed limit. The fact that councils can subsequently revert back to 30mph doesn't alter that fact. It requires further action from councils to overcome the blanket change.

Well it's on 400,000 now.

If applied across the UK it would be the equivalent of an 8 million signature petition.

The highest ever in the UK is 6.1m who signed something in 2019 to revoke article 50.

So arguably this is per capita the most signed petition in recent UK history

https://petitions.senedd.wales/petitions/245548

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    It's not a ban at all. It's a lowering of the default speed limit. And it's a blanket lowering of the speed limit. The fact that councils can subsequently revert back to 30mph doesn't alter that fact. It requires further action from councils to overcome the blanket change.
    The problem is though the councils are getting ££££ for complying with the 20mph . I can’t see them reversing it as they’d lose out on money.

Quote Originally Posted by darran1927 View Post
    The problem is though the councils are getting ££££ for complying with the 20mph . I can’t see them reversing it as they’d lose out on money.
    Whether they do or not it'll require separate campaigns from people all over Wales to their local councils to reverse this blanket change. Many people are, quite sensibly, trying to put pressure on the idiots in the Senedd who introduced the measure. Who on earth would see the sense in 22 different campaigns aimed at individual councils rather than one aimed at the Senedd? Well, some on this message board apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by darran1927 View Post
    Do you mean fines, speed awareness fees etc? I was under the impression that motoring fines go to central government not local councils or the Senedd.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Well it's on 400,000 now.

If applied across the UK it would be the equivalent of an 8 million signature petition.

The highest ever in the UK is 6.1m who signed something in 2019 to revoke article 50.

So arguably this is per capita the most signed petition in recent UK history

https://petitions.senedd.wales/petitions/245548
    I remember the squealing from the pro-Brexit/europhile/little englander lobby at the the time. Oooooh look, most of the signatories are registered in Vladivostok, etc.

And yet you are more than happy to accept this one at face value.

🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    I remember the squealing from the pro-Brexit/europhile/little englander lobby at the the time. Oooooh look, most of the signatories are registered in Vladivostok, etc.

And yet you are more than happy to accept this one at face value.

🤣🤣
    You are usually better than words like 'squealing' and 'little Englander' Peter.

You also have the ability to see that the petition outlines where the signatories come from.

380,000 in Wales
    20,0000 in England
    800 in Scotland
    100 in Northern Ireland.

Didnt you say elsewhere you live in Surrey? Easy to see why it doesn't impact you, but it's a notable piece of Welsh political news nonetheless.

And certainly not worth two of your laughing emojis!

You are usually better than words like 'squealing' and 'little Englander' Peter.

You also have the ability to see that the petition outlines where the signatories come from.

380,000 in Wales
    20,0000 in England
    800 in Scotland
    100 in Northern Ireland.

Didnt you say elsewhere you live in Surrey? Easy to see why it doesn't impact you, but it's a notable piece of Welsh political news nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    🤣🤣 roflmao

🤣🤣 roflmao
    I'm pleased you're amused James. I meant to say europhobe, of course.

Made an 80 mile Journey today.

I reckon the 20mph limit added seconds to my overall Journey not even minutes. One of the roads coming out of RCT I was suprised to see still at 30. If your not happy lobby the council.

I'm pleased you're amused James. I meant to say europhobe, of course.
    Ah of course. Just like anyone who believes in Welsh devolution is just anti English, everyone who believes in Scottish independence is fuelled by a hatred of England.

Gotcha!

Either way, you may not find the numbers in the petition interesting, but they very notable ad as I say, per capita probably the biggest in recent UK political history.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Made an 80 mile Journey today.

I reckon the 20mph limit added seconds to my overall Journey not even minutes. One of the roads coming out of RCT I was suprised to see still at 30. If your not happy lobby the council.
    Luckily most councils read CCMB nowadays

Gotcha!
    If it makes you happy to think so James, go for it! Have a nice weekend.

If it makes you happy to think so James, go for it! Have a nice weekend.
    People can have a different opinion to you without being a 'phobe' towards something. None of us are so virtuous in our beliefs for that not to be true.

And you, have a great weekend and enjoy what may be the last warm weekend for a while 👍🙂

People can have a different opinion to you without being a 'phobe' towards something. None of us are so virtuous in our beliefs for that not to be true.

And you, have a great weekend and enjoy what may be the last warm weekend for a while 👍🙂
    There were undoubtedly people who squealed about the article 50 petition being rigged who were europhobes. Not really sure how you've conjured that into welsh/scottish independence and people being virtuous, but anyway, have a good one!

Literally every truth in the universe, you will twist and squeeze and push through the tiny pinhole of 'its the Tories fault'.

It's been devolved to the Welsh Govt since 2011. Stop lying.

And yes, 20mph won't help. The lady in the flat next to mine has visitors three times a day and they have commented that it makes their job harder as they have to factor in greater downtime between visits.
    Stop talking bollocks tory boy , no lying from me

The privatisation of the care system via provision of carers under Thatcher took hundreds of thousands of carers off pensioned jobs with promotion , decent working conditions and decent pay .......to the private sector where pay and conditions are shite and the service provided crap ......and of course the making of huge profits to private companies

As is the case with renationalisation of gas , water , electricity , buses etc the cost would be astronomical to go back to the old council system of care and simply couldn't be justified

But that's not my problem it's you and your tory chums

Now get back in your box you soppy tart , disingenuous tory nonsense

Literally every truth in the universe, you will twist and squeeze and push through the tiny pinhole of 'its the Tories fault'.

It's been devolved to the Welsh Govt since 2011. Stop lying.

And yes, 20mph won't help. The lady in the flat next to mine has visitors three times a day and they have commented that it makes their job harder as they have to factor in greater downtime between visits.
    Tell the poor lady in the flat next to you it's not her fault it's cnuts like you who supported the privatisation of care services that have fecked things up and it can never ever be changed unless we plunge the system into even greater crisis

Everybody who has worked in care , has loved ones in care , is a social worker or a doctor getting a care package for a vulnerable person knows that when councils and health services care departments worked together and the staff were rewarded with decent pay and decent conditions and the system was fluid everyone got better outcomes and value for money and health was better

But along came the Tories who your lot voted for and for who you continually kiss ass and fecked everything up

It can't be changed now . We can tinker around the edges but the care crisis is down to YOU and The TORIES

As soon as night follows day you will tell all the social workers and NHS care staff they are wrong and you are right

But there you go

380,000 in Wales
    20,0000 in England
    800 in Scotland
    100 in Northern Ireland.

What will the Dictator have to say about these figures then? Thought they were all from England?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Stop talking bollocks tory boy , no lying from me

The privatisation of the care system via provision of carers under Thatcher took hundreds of thousands of carers off pensioned jobs with promotion , decent working conditions and decent pay .......to the private sector where pay and conditions are shite and the service provided crap ......and of course the making of huge profits to private companies

As is the case with renationalisation of gas , water , electricity , buses etc the cost would be astronomical to go back to the old council system of care and simply couldn't be justified

But that's not my problem it's you and your tory chums

Now get back in your box you soppy tart , disingenuous tory nonsense
    God man, stop talking about Thatcher. You sound like those blokes down City who still moan about losing Toshack.

Social care is devolved. End of. There's a history to everything but its ultimately under the control of the Welsh Govt. It's tempting to live in the past, we would all be younger that way at least, but it's a pointless exercise