+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: 20mph online petition

Re: 20mph online petition

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    the guys telling us that the 20 mph limits are ruining their life in every conceivable way whilst at the same time saying that everyone is ignoring the speed limits anyway are the true comedians here
    😂😂😂

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Substitute red for blue and you could be talking about yourself in that last sentence.

I don't like this new speed limit and I'm not persuaded yet that it is needed, but I'm not calling for a change of Government at the Assembly because of it - like a few others on here. you make it sound as if your objections to it are on purely party political grounds.
    It's Drakeford's long-term record, as with Boris people will take so much, I think this will prove his and Welsh labourers' Party gate, snailgate will be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

This is not political for me, no matter what party brought this in I would hate it and criticise it equally, it's the stupidity and pigheadedness that annoys me, we know no one likes it but we are doing it anyway, the same with you can't travel five miles, it must be a power trip?

I think Welsh Labour knows this and will be working quickly on a replacement, but who, I'm yet to see a decent Welsh politician from any political party.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    It's Drakeford's long-term record, as with Boris people will take so much, I think this will prove his and Welsh labourers' Party gate, snailgate will be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

This is not political for me, no matter what party brought this in I would hate it and criticise it equally, it's the stupidity and pigheadedness that annoys me, we know no one likes it but we are doing it anyway, the same with you can't travel five miles, it must be a power trip?

International

Keep deflecting

I think Welsh Labour knows this and will be working quickly on a replacement, but who, I'm yet to see a decent Welsh politician from any political party.
    That poll you posted shows little or no evidence of Welsh voters deserting Labour, they're down a bit, but it's the leader taking the hit rather than the party.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That poll you posted shows little or no evidence of Welsh voters deserting Labour, they're down a bit, but it's the leader taking the hit rather than the party.
    Welsh Labour will get some votes no matter what they do especially in the Valleys after the mine closures, and to a point that's understandable. I do think they will lose a lot of votes because of Drakeford, how many and will it have much of an effect, probably not because a lot of people will vote for Welsh Labour no matter how daft their policies are.

This is a very board and there is no one left saying this is a good policy and should have been a top priority for spending as it's far more important than other services like the NHS.

Some tried but even the dullest knows it's nonsense now to try and defend it.

plenty of dodderers clogging up the roads, although they are now getting tailgated overtaken, and beeped so will hopefully get with the program eventually.
    Just to make you aware, other than being a stuck record it's cu**y statements like this that really let you down. What other laws do you think are in your own hands that you think you should force others to ignore?

"I think it will kick off more in the next twelve months."

I seem to remember you expected a revolt with pitchforks heading towards the senedd last month. Turns out that people grumbled, moaned, and got on with it, (except mainly, you) and some roads will end up getting changed in time. May want to change the batteries in your crystal ball

International

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Just to make you aware, other than being a stuck record it's cu**y statements like this that really let you down. What other laws do you think are in your own hands that you think you should force others to ignore?

"I think it will kick off more in the next twelve months."

I seem to remember you expected a revolt with pitchforks heading towards the senedd last month. Turns out that people grumbled, moaned, and got on with it, (except mainly, you) and some roads will end up getting changed in time. May want to change the batteries in your crystal ball
    I've never set a date or any of the other nonsense I said people would start to feel the impact when it goes live, and you've only got to look here and on social media to realise that people are getting more and more very frustrated by it all. It will get worse when the fines and points start arriving.

International

His next idea, doesn't affect me.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/p...vapes-27887906

The future of vapes across the United Kingdom is being discussed, with the Welsh First Minister saying he would back e-cigarettes only being available by prescription. On Thursday, October 12, The UK Government opened a consultation about how to crack down on youth vaping by reducing the appeal, affordability and availability of vapes to children. The consultation is open to anyone.

Proposals being consulted on include:

The future of vapes across the United Kingdom is being discussed, with the Welsh First Minister saying he would back e-cigarettes only being available by prescription. On Thursday, October 12, The UK Government opened a consultation about how to crack down on youth vaping by reducing the appeal, affordability and availability of vapes to children. The consultation is open to anyone.

Making it an offence for anyone born on or after January 1, 2009, to be sold tobacco products
    Restricting the flavours and descriptions of vapes so that vape flavours are no longer targeted at children
    Regulating point of sale displays in retail outlets so that vapes are kept out of sight from children and away from products that appeal to them, such as sweets
    Regulating vape packaging and product presentation to not target it towards children
    Considering restricting the sale of disposable vapes
    Exploring further restrictions for non-nicotine vapes and other nicotine consumer products such as nicotine pouches
    Exploring whether increasing the price of vapes will reduce the number of young people using them
    Introducing new powers for councils to issue on-the-spot fines to enforce age of sale legislation of tobacco products and vapes

UK Prime Minister Rishi Sunak has announced plans to introduce a new law to stop children who turn 14 this year or younger from ever legally being sold cigarettes, in a bid to create the first ‘smokefree generation’. You can read about that here.

In the Senedd on Tuesday (October 10), the First Minister was asked about vaping. He said: "In Australia, for example, Llywydd, the only way you can get an e-cigarette is by prescription, you can't buy them in shops, only through a medical prescription as part of a supervised attempt to give up smoking are they available. I would be attracted to that idea myself."

MS for Clwyd South, Ken Skates, spoke in plenary about how Wales had "lost almost a decade of opportunity" to protect young people from the harmful effects of vaping because the Public Health Bill wasn't passed in 2016. Mr Drakeford, who was then health minister, said: "Here, in this Senedd, we have to face up to the fact that there was an opportunity for this Senedd to take that preventative action and that opportunity was failed.

"The 2016 Bill would've brought the use of e-cigarettes into line with the use of other tobacco products and there were amendments passed to it during its earlier stages to provide new protections in places where children were most likely to be present. As was warned at the time, the use of e-cigarettes has now spread into those younger aged cohorts." For the latest politics news in Wales sign up to our newsletter here.

He added: "The UK Government now intends to take the actions that we could have taken here in 2016. We've lost ground in the meantime. There are children addicted to nicotine today who would've been saved from that addiction had this Senedd taken the action that was available to it."

Welsh Labour will get some votes no matter what they do especially in the Valleys after the mine closures, and to a point that's understandable. I do think they will lose a lot of votes because of Drakeford, how many and will it have much of an effect, probably not because a lot of people will vote for Welsh Labour no matter how daft their policies are.

This is a very board and there is no one left saying this is a good policy and should have been a top priority for spending as it's far more important than other services like the NHS.

Some tried but even the dullest knows it's nonsense now to try and defend it.
    Honestly now, would you prefer to see Andrew RT in charge over Mark Drakeford?

I voted conservative last time as it was better for me and even I wouldn’t like to see him anywhere near leader.

He also campaigned for 20 which I’m sure has been brought up

Making it an offence for anyone born on or after January 1, 2009, to be sold tobacco products
    Restricting the flavours and descriptions of vapes so that vape flavours are no longer targeted at children
    Regulating point of sale displays in retail outlets so that vapes are kept out of sight from children and away from products that appeal to them, such as sweets
    Regulating vape packaging and product presentation to not target it towards children
    Exploring further restrictions for non-nicotine vapes and other nicotine consumer products such as nicotine pouches
    Exploring whether increasing the price of vapes will reduce the number of young people using them
    Introducing new powers for councils to issue on-the-spot fines to enforce age of sale legislation of tobacco products and vapes

UK Prime Minister Rishi Sunak has announced plans to introduce a new law to stop children who turn 14 this year or younger from ever legally being sold cigarettes, in a bid to create the first ‘smokefree generation’. You can read about that here.

In the Senedd on Tuesday (October 10), the First Minister was asked about vaping. He said: "In Australia, for example, Llywydd, the only way you can get an e-cigarette is by prescription, you can't buy them in shops, only through a medical prescription as part of a supervised attempt to give up smoking are they available. I would be attracted to that idea myself."

MS for Clwyd South, Ken Skates, spoke in plenary about how Wales had "lost almost a decade of opportunity" to protect young people from the harmful effects of vaping because the Public Health Bill wasn't passed in 2016. Mr Drakeford, who was then health minister, said: "Here, in this Senedd, we have to face up to the fact that there was an opportunity for this Senedd to take that preventative action and that opportunity was failed.

"The 2016 Bill would've brought the use of e-cigarettes into line with the use of other tobacco products and there were amendments passed to it during its earlier stages to provide new protections in places where children were most likely to be present. As was warned at the time, the use of e-cigarettes has now spread into those younger aged cohorts." For the latest politics news in Wales sign up to our newsletter here.

He added: "The UK Government now intends to take the actions that we could have taken here in 2016. We've lost ground in the meantime. There are children addicted to nicotine today who would've been saved from that addiction had this Senedd taken the action that was available to it."
    Good.

They should be banned

I've mentioned this on here in vaping threads several times, I think it would be a great idea, but hard to be effective when people can just go to England and buy them.

I think they're introducing a similar thing in Australia possibly France too

Let’s not forget, he’s the tw^t who put £10 on a tray of cider/beer/lager, plus increasing the price of wine and spirits!!!

International

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Honestly now, would you prefer to see Andrew RT in charge over Mark Drakeford?

I voted conservative last time as it was better for me and even I wouldn’t like to see him anywhere near leader.

He also campaigned for 20 which I’m sure has been brought up
    It's not a great choice would you prefer to eat sick or sh!t?

We need better than both but Andrew RT wouldn't bring in blanket 20mph speed limits or no drive more than five miles and all the other nonsense.

It's not a great choice would you prefer to eat sick or sh!t?

We need better than both but Andrew RT wouldn't bring in blanket 20mph speed limits or no drive more than five miles and all the other nonsense.
    Do you really think the Tories will make many gains due to 20mph? I don't. Not in the slightest. I reckon there is much more dislike of the Tories in Wales than there is support of Labour. That all stems from Westminster. Most Tory support in Wales seems, from my experience anyway, to be bitter, older men, people who are more likely to be more right wing.

If you could have a slogan across the length of the Welsh border, it would read "anyone bar the Tories". I think it's important to realise that, rather than believe Wales has a big love-in with Labour. That's why Labour can do what it wants, because they know Wales will never support the Tories.

All that’ll happen, is people won’t bother voting at all.

Technically they’ll give up !!!!

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Do you really think the Tories will make many gains due to 20mph? I don't. Not in the slightest. I reckon there is much more dislike of the Tories in Wales than there is support of Labour. That all stems from Westminster. Most Tory support in Wales seems, from my experience anyway, to be bitter, older men, people who are more likely to be more right wing.

If you could have a slogan across the length of the Welsh border, it would read "anyone bar the Tories". I think it's important to realise that, rather than believe Wales has a big love-in with Labour. That's why Labour can do what it wants, because they know Wales will never support the Tories.

It's not so much the Tories would gain, it's Labour will lose votes to elsewhere.

the guys telling us that the 20 mph limits are ruining their life in every conceivable way whilst at the same time saying that everyone is ignoring the speed limits anyway are the true comedians here
    Viz 1.jpg

It's not so much the Tories would gain, it's Labour will lose votes to elsewhere.
    Again, to who? Lib Dems have never been strong, while Plaid do better at Senedd elections than UK but rarely seem to be able to appeal across most of South Wales.

Most anti-Tories will know that a tick for Labour is the best way at keeping the Tories out and that voting Plaid or Lib Dem in some areas lets the Tories in through the back door.

I can't see the 20mph affecting the General Election too much next year, although the Tories will try as they have little else. With the next Senedd elections not until 2026, I think even the Tories will be sick of mentioning it by then for it to be a major campaigning issue.

Is that a good enough reason to vote Labour though ? It obviously has nothing to do with the actual policies put forward by each party and how they affect Wales. Labour can just carry on trashing the Welsh NHS, Welsh Business, Welsh Schools and transport. Hang on - those are the exact things that Labour supporters accuse the Tories of doing, which is why they wont vote for them - you couldn't make it ip could you.

International

Again, to who? Lib Dems have never been strong, while Plaid do better at Senedd elections than UK but rarely seem to be able to appeal across most of South Wales.

Most anti-Tories will know that a tick for Labour is the best way at keeping the Tories out and that voting Plaid or Lib Dem in some areas lets the Tories in through the back door.
    You are probably right, let's see how it plays out, maybe independents will pick up votes, it's a stupid idea and deserves a punishment vote from Labour voters otherwise what is next reduce the alcohol content in beer and wine?

Ban car journeys of more than 20 miles, who knows he's had two crazy ideas and gone with them both.

You are probably right, let's see how it plays out, maybe independents will pick up votes, it's a stupid idea and deserves a punishment vote from Labour voters otherwise what is next reduce the alcohol content in beer and wine?

Ban car journeys of more than 20 miles, who knows he's had two crazy ideas and gone with them both.
    They have already reduced low cost high strength alcohol.

https://www.gov.wales/wales-calls-ti...lated%20causes.

It seems a significant number of policies are personal agendas of the leader.Not a great way to run a government with partial accountability and power.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/p...n-new-27933160

Drippy's popularity drops, no shit!
    Imagine how unpopular he will be when the 20 mph limit starts actually being enforced.

I know it is the Daily Mail but this online article is excellent and quite funny in parts. Sums it up for me,

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...0RNFybKvRIVAhE